[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[GUIDE] Berserker Guide

TyuriTyuri
Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,780
edited August 16, 2016 in Berserker

Hi everyone today I decided to address a common need on the forum which is… a berserker guide… I’m sure you didn’t see that one coming !
I will try in to guide you, young bloodthirsty warrior, throughout your long path to become an elder bloodthirsty warrior. I will address many points in this guide so here is a summary of the question you may ask :
WTF are those icons in my skills list ?
I’m sure there are multiple path to become an EBW(elder bloodthirsty warrior) which are the ones viable ?
What do I want as stats on my gear ? TL,DR : Intelligence is for weak, you strong.
What cute animal souls do I want to put on my gear ?
Which pretty spheres should I get by sacrificing some cute little animal souls ?
Which Poke… Familiars do I want to follow me in the rage of battle ?

OK guys let’s do this, Leeeeeeee… whoops wrong game,
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerserker Guide !

SKILLS

Damage skills

Double Slash, basic damage skill and Rage Generator
Follow-up Strike, proc on crit, 50% chance to Knock Up
Gust Cut, spin to win, stagger the enemies
Whirling Blade, AoE, DoT and Knock Down

Stab braking skills

Rising Cutter, Knock UP
Brute Smash, 2 hits combo, 2nd hit Knock Down and Stab Break
Triple Slash, 3 hits combo, 3rd hit Knock Back and Stab Break

Gap Closers

Shoulder Charge, Knock Down, Buff Allies (30% CTR), Rage Generator
Leaping Slash, AoE, Knock Down
Fury Thrust, Knock Back, strike through the enemy

Control

Thunderous Kick,Knock Down on Charge 1, Knock Back with further charge
Warface, Fear, Rage Generator and Threat Decreased
Mortal Blow, Knock Down
Assault Complex, 4 hits combo, Knock Up then Down

Defensive

Counterattack, Cancel stun,Grant Control immunity
Blade Block, Block any hit for 2 seconds, Increase your Threat

Buffs

Fury, Knock Back, Transform Brute Smash and Triple Slash
Mighty Roar, Rage Generator, Offensive buff

Passives

Adrenal Overflow, Applied by full charged Stab Breakers, stacks 5 times, Group Buff, +5% STR, +5% HP, +0.2 rage/s, +0.2 HP/s,
Unending Courage, Applied by full charged Stab Breakers, stacks 5 times, +4% P.Atk
Blood Madness, Increase your P.Atk depending of your current HP percentage.
Savage Instinct, Applied by full charged Stab Breakers, stacks 3 times,-10% P.Atk debuff on target
Strong Will, 200 P.Atk
Dignified, Applied by full charged Linked Stab Breakers, stacks 3 times, Group Buff, +15% Overall Atk

Links

Leaping Slash -> Whirling Blade : Decreases Whirling Blade cost by 30 rage making it costs 5 rage.
Whirling Blade -> Rising Cutter : Activates Dignified for your party.
Rising Cutter -> Brute Smash : Activates Dignified for your party.
Brute Smash -> Triple Slash : Activates Dignified for your party.
Warface -> Thunderous Kick : Generate rage.
Thunderous Kick Charge 1 -> Mortal Blow : Dazes enemy for 3s.
Thunderous Kick Charge 2 + -> Shoulder Charge : Stun

Good to know

Every skills except Fury Thrust and Shoulder Charge are cleaves that can hit multiple enemies
Every two Triple Slashes, second hit stun ignoring target resistance.
Successful Blade Block activates an hidden buff giving you 15% P.Atk and 3% Crit Rate.
Warface fear ignores target resistance.
Assault Complex gets additional effect based on your talents.
Moving in combat immediately triggers your Auto Attacks animation.
AA animation can be cancelled by casting a skill once it started providing additional damage output.

Rotations

Constant damage rotation : Double Slash first strike -> Move to trigger AA -> Double Slash first strike when your character begins its AA animation -> repeat… cast Follow-up Strike on CD in place of a Double Slash strike.
Engage rotation : Shoulder Charge your Priest -> Mighty Roar -> Warface -> Leap Slash -> Whirling Blade -> Rising Cutter -> Brute Smash -> Triple Slash -> Gust Cut
LargoSethGureslOnnerGat_TheRipper69pizzalord123KinksterMin4649Graf_BierculaiChaffAlleyanaaaand 2 others.

Comments

• TyuriTyuri
    edited August 17, 2016

BUILDS

The glass berserker (GB)
    You want to deal damage and only focus on that ? You think you can dodge or block anything that will come to you ?
    Well this build is for you. This is basically the glass canon build for berserker, you’ll be able to dish out very good amount of damage but if you get hit, you die…
    With this build you’ll want to focus on dealing the most of damage you can for each fight.
    Thus you’ll focus only on 3 stats : P.Atk%, STR and Crit Rate
    You want a minimum Crit Rate of 25% to optimize your Follow-up Strike proc.

The Meatbag (MB)
    You want to be the most helpful to your team and don’t care about dealing damage? You think a berserker should bleed and barely feel anything? You don’t want to move during a fight and want to withstand the most powerful attack of the game unflinchingly ?
    Well this build is for you. This is the support build for berserker, you’ll be able to provide multiple buffs for your team and dying will be very hard for you.
    You’ll focus on 4 stats : Crit Rate, CONS, HP, M.Def and P.Def. Yes I lied that’s 5 but CONS and HP are basically the same thing ^^
    You’ll want to maximize your Crit Rate to increase your Stab Braking capabilities.

The Guardian Wannabe (GW)
    You failed your character creation ? You want to play an hybrid build capable of withstand punch and fiercely retaliate ?
    Well this build is for you. This is the tank build for berserker, you’ll be able to pack a punch while being bulky enough to tank most of the content of the game.
    Since this is an hybrid build you’ll look for HP and Defenses to improve your tankiness and an high amount of damage via STR and Crit Rate to improve your damage and keep the aggro.

Every builds need as much CDR as possible.

GB needs it to get his buffs, and Follow-up Strike thus keeping his War God DoT permanently on target.
    MB needs it to stay constantly in buff rotation.
    GW needs it to get his Blade Block as often as possible and achieve higher threat generation and tankiness.

GEAR

Each piece of gear can roll a specific set of stats
    Pauldrons, Necklace and Lance can roll CDR(Cooldown Reduction)
    Pauldrons, Rings and Xbow can roll CTR( Cast Time Reduction)
    Necklace can roll P.Atk %
    Necklace, Gloves,GS, Xbow and Lance can roll Crit Rate
    Rings can roll P.Def %, M.Def % and HP %
    All gear except Rings can roll STR
    All gear except Necklaces can roll CONS

Stats priority for GB :
    Head : STR
    Shoulder : CDR > STR
    Torso : STR
    Gloves : Crit Rate > STR
    Feet : STR
    GS : Crit Rate > STR
    Necklace : P.Atk% > CDR > Crit Rate > STR
    Rings : Hakanas Hero Rings
    Lance : CDR > Crit Rate > STR
    XBow : Crit Rate > STR

Stats priority for MB :
    Head : CONS
    Shoulder : CDR > CONS
    Torso : CONS
    Gloves : Crit Rate > CONS
    Feet : CONS
    GS : Crit Rate > CONS
    Necklace : CDR > Crit Rate
    Rings : HP% > P.Def%
    Lance : Crit Rate > CDR

Stats priority for GW :
    Head : STR = CONS
    Shoulder : CDR > STR = CONS
    Gloves : Crit Rate > STR = CONS
    Feet : STR = CONS
    GS : Crit Rate > STR = CONS
    Necklace : P.Atk% > CDR > Crit Rate > STR
    Rings : Hakanas Hero Rings
    Lance : CDR > Crit Rate > STR

ALWAYS USE LANCE AS YOUR MAIN WEAPON AS IT WILL PROVIDE YOU ADDITIONAL CDR

SEALS

If you can’t afford the money/time to get heroic seals here are my advice for elite ones :

For GB build you’ll want to get damage at all cost
    Currently the best seals are STR and Crit Rate, so you’ll need to seal Krooger, Murasa or Dainok.
    A more easy way is to go for Ruby Bloodwyrm.

For MB you’ll want Crit Rate and tankiness
    Currently the best seals are Crit Rate and HP, so you’ll need to seal Lashaka, Mist or Frost.

For GW you’ll want both damage and tankiness
    There are multiple possible seals for this purpose. While you want to dish out a good amount of damage to keep the aggro and still tank as well as possible the stats you’ll look for on your seals will be P.Def, M.Def, HP, CONS, STR, Crit Rate and P.Atk (IMO Crit Rate is the best offensive stat as it bring you a bit of utility along with damage by increasing your Stab Braking capabilities)
    Let’s see which seals could we be interested in :

Defensives :
    Zepiro gives M.Def and P.Def
    Grumpy Gros gives HP and CONS
    Lahav gives CONS and P.Def

Offensives :
    Dainok, Murasa or Krooger gives STR and Crit Rate

Hybrid :
    One of the best for the purpose we’re aiming for is Lashaka, Mist or Frost that give Crit Rate and HP.
    Uru gives P.Atk and P.Def.
    Troy gives P.Atk and M.Def.

As an Offtank I highly suggest you pick a mix of different seals to increase both Defenses, HP and Crit Rate.
    Considering that, I suggest you get Frost, Mist or Lashaka and Zepiro. If you want more damage and are Crit capped you can get Troy and Uru.

However if you can afford it here are my heroic recommendations :
    Go for Garme or Karresh to cap your Crit Rate.
    Once you capped it you should go for
    Agnas or Kerav for GB build,
    Agnas, Kerav or Phantom for GW build,
    Phantom for MB build.

TALENTS

For GB build you’ll want the most damage from your talents, considering this the best talents are the Strength Synergy talents. As an additional talent you should take War God which will greatly increase your overall DPS.

For MB build you’ll want the talent that help you giving more support for your team, two talents match this goal : Combat Power and God of Destruction, you’ll want to take CONS synergy to further increase your tankiness.

For GW build you’ll need the same talent as MB. If your gear provides enough tankiness you could go for a more offensive path by taking STR synergy and getting Combat Power.
    Another aggressive talents set could be a full hybrid build where you take God of Destruction and Combat Power for Stab Breaking and War God and Heavy Blade to increase damage output

PETS

Apocalypse is very strong for any of the build for its Crit Rate passive that will highly increase DPS for GB and GW build while increasing Stab Braking capabilities for all builds which is very important for MB build too.
    Agnas is a good alternative for GW build.
    Phantom(or Frost, its slightly weaker counterparts) can highly increase the tankiness for MB and GW builds while Mist can increase Stab Braking capabilities by accelerating Stab Break skills charges.

TazzieKataklysmKLargoSethGureslOnnerGat_TheRipper69pizzalord123TingsTroubleStarterKarl_Inkand 10 others.
  • TyuriTyuri
    edited August 10, 2016
    Reserved
  • TyuriTyuri
    edited August 10, 2016
    The guide is finally out !
    This guide will stay as a work in progress as long as I play the game and I will further improve it as often as possible
    Please leave your comments and suggestions to help me build the perfect guide =D

Current WIP : Talents details.
  • SeductresSeductres
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,255
    edited August 10, 2016
    Thanks for the guide. Lots of good information. I'm curious as to what is ideal crit % and base dps I should be shooting for. Right now I'm sitting around 7k health, 3k dps with no buffs and a crit of almost 32% (31.88). I'm focusing for stab breaker with decent dps to help my groups.
  • SethGureSethGure
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,750
    edited August 10, 2016
    Well done @Tyuri this is nicely crafted.
    Surprisingly i didn't knew Zerk had skills that increased threat ,and decreased it as well.
  • TyuriTyuri
    edited August 10, 2016
    Seductres
    Seductres said:

Thanks for the guide. Lots of good information. I'm curious as to what is ideal crit % and base dps I should be shooting for. Right now I'm sitting around 7k health, 3k dps with no buffs and a crit of almost 32% (31.88). I'm focusing for stab breaker with decent dps to help my groups.
    I'd said max it if you can afford Garme seals, however if you can't I'd said something like 50-65%, depending of your stuff.
    SethGure
    SethGure said:

Well done @Tyuri this is nicely crafted.
    Surprisingly i didn't knew Zerk had skills that increased threat ,and decreased it as well.
    Thanks =)
  • TingsTings
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,565
    edited August 10, 2016
    forgot crossbows
  • pizzalord123pizzalord123
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 665
    edited August 10, 2016
    well done sir! clap clap clap.

i like the 3 diffrent colors for build stye and all on a good order.
  • MetaruMetaru
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 925
    edited August 10, 2016
    @tyuri what do you mean by: "ALWAYS USE LANCE AS YOUR MAIN WEAPON AS IT WILL PROVIDE YOU ADDITIONAL CDR" will a lance with the exact same stats give more CDR?

Also I have been running with Combat Power + War God + God of Destruction + Heavy Blade for Frost Keep H5. Amazing CC and DPS. Opening my combo with a heavily buffed Assault Complex gives me rage, CC and I can almost guarantee his stability will be broken soon and he will be on his back.

I personally am a big fan of the Hybrid High DPS/CC buils as I am sitting at 9k Health and 85% Crit in combat with around 3,900 DPS at 100% health. Gear and seals are a huge part of it but I think Zerker DPS is dramatically higher than people give it credit for. At 25 we were pretty awful but 35 Zerkers really seem to get strong.
  • TyuriTyuri
    edited August 10, 2016
    Xbow don't give you CDR which is one of the most useful stat for zerk.
    That's why lance is strictly better IF (you should) you have CDR on it.

I think the War God Talent is good but not really worth the loss of stats from synergy
    And since Combat Power and God of Destruction are must have to increase your Stab Braking capabilities, I don't think it's wise to go for all 3 paths
  • MetaruMetaru
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 925
    edited August 10, 2016
    OK the CDR makes sense. Personally I find paperdoll crit 60% > CDR so I have never bothered with it on my weapons. With Assault complex in my rotation I have not found much need for more than 20% CDR so my secondary weapons are Crit and STR.

I am planning on doing 3 + 3 bound and unbound Frost gear which will put me close to 1K Critical damage. If you are not Crit capped that a lot of damage per swing you could be missing.

War God blows the Synergy bonus away in my opinion. 30% of your attack as a bleed every second to your target is worth more than a few seals worth of STR. My damage shot way up when I started using both bleeds on my target. Its just so much free damage for doing what you would do normally. I would give up almost any other talent before I removed War God.

I hope you dont take my questions/suggestions the wrong way. I really appreciate the time you spent on this guide and I just want to do everything I can to maximize my character.
    Min4649
  • TyuriTyuri
    edited August 11, 2016
    @Metaru I'll add this talent set when I rewrite the talent section this is actually quite a good set for hybrid build, even if not adapted for a full support or full DPS build.
    Thanks for the feedback =)

Don't worry about using strong arguments I will never be offended if you use good jutifications ;)
  • Min4649Min4649
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited August 11, 2016
    @Tyuri Thank you very much for the guide! First I got a really stupid question though, CDR refers to critical damge.... Rating? What does the R mean? Secondly, ignore resistance works on everything except bosses right? Lastly, what is ur recommendation for combo mode? Is auto better or the other? Thank you!
  • TroubleStarterTroubleStarter
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 530
    edited August 11, 2016
    Min4649
    Min4649 said:

@Tyuri Thank you very much for the guide! First I got a really stupid question though, CDR refers to critical damge.... Rating? What does the R mean? Secondly, ignore resistance works on everything except bosses right? Lastly, what is ur recommendation for combo mode? Is auto better or the other? Thank you!
    CDR = CoolDown Reduction
    Min4649
  • TyuriTyuri
    edited August 12, 2016
    Min4649
    Min4649 said:

Ignore resistance works on every mobs or player with control resistance that includes boss with fractured stability.
    Min4649
  • Min4649Min4649
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited August 12, 2016
    @Tyuri Thank you! I also got another question. In the pet section you mentioned a few familiars but what about mounts?
  • AZGreenAZGreen
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 730
    edited August 12, 2016
    I don't really understand what's the point of getting CDR as zerk, in frost keep for example after i finish my whole rotation it ussualy goes out of coldown and i can use it again. CDR means that your skills' cooldowns recharge faster right? I want to mention that the only cdr i have is the set effect of %8 from frozen lv 25 gear. Can anyone explain to me why CDR is useful when yoou can get better stats in my opinion such as STR>Crit RaTe>Cons>Health and ofc the %Ph attack on necklace??
  • YrrothYrroth
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 820
    edited August 12, 2016
    CDR is a waste if your properly linking and using skills to produce high dmg output
  • TyuriTyuri
    edited August 12, 2016
    Yrroth
    Yrroth said:

CDR is a waste if your properly linking and using skills to produce high dmg output
    Explain me how during world boss you manage to keep all your buffs up for your group at maw stacks without CDR.
  • pizzalord123pizzalord123
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 665
    edited August 12, 2016
    its a player pref but could you do a key/skill layout for the 3 styles.
This discussion has been closed.