[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[GAMEPLAY] Dungeon Boss loot despawning

AranoxAranox
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,125
edited August 15, 2016 in Bug Reporting
While in ruins of matron, after the boss died we were looking at the loot he dropped.
There were several nice pieces of heroic loot so we were deciding who would get what, and while having the loot open it just despawned.
All of it, which was quite painful since it was some very nice loot.
As far as I know we weren't taking much longer than usual and it has only happened once, therefore I think it's a bug.
If this is not a bug, could the timer be significantly increased on this?

Comments

• AranoxAranox
    edited September 3, 2016
    It happened again, this time in cavern of the veil.
    We killed the eye, loot spawned, and by the time ankelion was dead the loot the eye dropped was gone.
    The DPS died and had to run back while I was tanking solo, so finishing off ankelion did take a bit longer than usual, but still not *that* long.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, increase the timers or at least wait until the combat is actually over before starting them -_-
  • DrewBDrewB
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 810
    edited September 3, 2016
    I think there's something bigger related to this. I had a similar group, and we were looking at the items (several of us at the same time). Without pushing anything and especially not "Loot All", all items went to one person briefly after an inspection. At first it was a debate that items despawned on us, but once our partner said he got everything and didn't know why, we tried it again, and we got the same result. It's like if more than 2 people are looking, the reward assignment wigs out. I would like to recommend the Loot All button be removed when in a group and elite items or better are among the items... or better yet, you just can't loot items that you can't use unless there's nobody in the group at all that use them. Other games have used this methodology with great results.
  • DrewBDrewB
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 810
    edited September 3, 2016
    Oh, I thought you were with a group. I haven't ever had anything go wrong while soloing. I've seen things lay around for what feels like forever. Cleaned out an area and went back later to grab everything, although I've been trying out the auto-loot seal lately and haven't had to bother. There's a couple bugs with the auto-loot but nothing game breaking so far.
  • AranoxAranox
    edited September 3, 2016
    In our case it was 2 of us both times.
    One time were were both looking at the loot, but hadn't looted anything yet when the loot window just closed and the chest disappeared with all the loot still in it.
    The second time neither of us had even opened the chest yet to look inside when it was suddenly just gone.

One commonality for both situations is that someone died and was running back from the dungeon entrance, possibly the group leader in both cases but I'm not sure about that.
    Maybe loot despawns quickly when the player it dropped for goes away and leaves it, and this system doesn't detect when someone has died and needs to run back to even be able to loot.
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,940
    Administrator
    edited September 6, 2016
    I'll be sure to present this issue to our Team, Riders. :-)
    Nalkara
  • ShonseyShonsey
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited November 29
    Even though this post was a couple of years ago, this just happened to me in Cavern of the Veil. I killed the eye, and by the time Ankellion was dead, the eye's chest had vanished. Not cool!
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,975
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited December 1
    Necro-bumping is not permitted in these forums by its Code of Honor, please, follow the rules at all times, Rider!

If you need to create a new post about this subject please do so at any time keeping in mind the rules!

qWbaNsH.jpg
This discussion has been closed.