[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[FEEDBACK] Class Balancing

CuddleWingsCuddleWings
Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,630
Administrator
edited August 19, 2016 in PVP
We would like to request your feedback regarding concerns or suggestions you would like discuss regarding Class Balancing. We'll open the floor for Riders to discuss on how we can improve balancing moving forward. If you disagree with any of your fellow Riders on their opinions - please do so constructively.

We'll be sure to forward your concerns to our Team! :-)

Comments

• dotnetdotnet
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 875
    edited August 18, 2016
    Explosive Shot........

By far the biggest thing needing to be addressed ASAP. Tune down by at least 30% and were good.
    UlrixparaniiideAcidRainNospheratu1pwnyRhyavKuensami
  • UlrixUlrix
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,635
    edited August 18, 2016
    Explosive shot shows that there was no testing in this patch... How can a one shot skill make it into live :( ? We really hoped that your critical fix that delayed the patch by one day was that imbalance.

There is no skill or strategy possible in the game right now because what is there to do when you wait for one button to come off cooldown.
    1pwny
  • LjProdigy18LjProdigy18
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 330
    edited August 18, 2016
    This isn't even something to be discussed. Explosive shot is broken and removes any aspect of PvP. The fact you can 1 shot 90% of players before engaging in any sort of combat, is just pure lazy testing if any was even done with this patch.
    Nospheratu1pwnyKuensami
  • CuddleWingsCuddleWings
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,630
    Administrator
    edited August 18, 2016
    dotnet
    dotnet said:

Explosive Shot........

By far the biggest thing needing to be addressed ASAP. Tune down by at least 30% and were good.
    We're aware of the issue with the skill and are taking a close look at it, Rider!

• AcidRainAcidRain
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 220
    edited August 18, 2016
    i must say i´m really disapointed about the game...
    1.it should be clear that if there is mass pvp that the area is lagging so please fix it
    2.i thought that the balance is better in the pvp as in the duells but i was wrong how can somebody think it would be cool if everyone can kill another player with 1 skill that´s no pvp to me.
    you should fix it so that it´s like when you are killing a monster otherwise it isn´t fair. Maybe the pvp gear will change it but i don´t really think this will be much better
    3.why is the game only for mass pvp that´s no skill to kill people with mass and no fun to me. It´s okay to go with your allianz for pvp but it should be better organized for players who don´t want to go only with the ally but with maybe a groupe or 2-3 people (that inlcudes the damage player vs player = who has the first hit is the winner)

If there is no balanceing with the dps in this game it will be down in a short periode, i´m sure.
    With this patch there was only one good thing and that´s the ability for you pets to loot the items ,very nice! i hoped it would be coming out but with this pvp content the game is a disaster .
    i hope you will fix this really soon so that the game will bring the fun back otherwise i don´t really want to play this game much longer and spend my time on it.
    NospheratuSerafCZ
  • NospheratuNospheratu
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 540
    edited August 18, 2016
    No skill required.

It's a gold buyers market.

Worst PvP I've seen in decades.
    SnakeEyesZiffaHaku161DoidaoWitheAtoxPenenelopeCruzWeedGurl
  • 1pwny1pwny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
    edited August 18, 2016
    To be fair, most classes are pretty balanced. Assassins and Wizards have dope DPS, and some combos that can more or less take down anything really quickly. Guardians have the potential to lock (non-guardians) into permanent CC. Zerks and Priests are useful for group pvp.

Explosive Shot isn't unique to a single class - while it's totally unbalanced, it doesn't necessarily make 1 class stronger. :P
  • SpyritSpyrit
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,760
    edited August 18, 2016
    Some pvp starter gear would be nice. Then let's talk class balance. Most people are massively outgeared, by pay to win people. Also we need map markers for allience members. I was just hit by explosive shot for 42k come on give us some pvp gear seriously.
    NospheratuKuensami
  • NospheratuNospheratu
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 540
    edited August 18, 2016
    Explosive shot isn't unique to one class. The problem is, as said before, although if you are buying gold it's not Pay to Win, it's Exploit to Win, that most of those people (griefers) are NOT PvPing. They stand at the exits to safe areas en masse, preventing people from leaving, unless they sneak out somehow or they are in a pack of 50 players. This PvP takes no skill. PvP that requires skill, knowing your class, balance, quick thinking and a plan, is fun. Going against the might of the Chinese army with a water pistol, is not.
    SerafCZBryonarRaveKuensami
  • BaldaenaBaldaena
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 935
    edited August 18, 2016
    CuddleWings

dotnet
    dotnet said:

Explosive Shot........

We're aware of the issue with the skill and are taking a close look at it, Rider!

I'm really surprised that you decided to release the pvp knowing that you had such a critical ug destroying all the fun of your game.

1min ago, I have been killed by an explosive shot of 32 000 dmg... could you tell us where is the fun ? ;(

NospheratuSerafCZDoidaoKuensami
  • 00Gambit00Gambit
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,155
    edited August 18, 2016
    Guys relax. The devs are aware of the damage of explosive arrow and they'll address it. Enough said.

Now onto actual classes. In my opinion all the classes are balanced although priests need a bit of a buff. I think the priest should have a skill / buff which allows them resurrect themselves for free once every 15 minutes. Right now a lot of priests don't want to pvp because they die instantly and have nobody to res them.
    RolotomasiHellser
  • SpyritSpyrit
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,760
    edited August 18, 2016
    00Gambit
    00Gambit said:

Guys relax. The devs are aware of the damage of explosive arrow and they'll address it. Enough said.

Now onto actual classes. In my opinion all the classes are balanced although priests need a bit of a buff. I think the priest should have a skill / buff which allows them resurrect themselves for free once every 15 minutes. Right now a lot of priests don't want to pvp because they die instantly and have nobody to res them.
    You can't have any class balance while you have +10 geared people going against +20 geared people. Just a simple set of pvp gear so we aren't getting one shotted by everything.

Rave
  • ChamplooChamploo
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,765
    edited August 18, 2016
    Sins are by far the most broken class imo. Being able to burst most classes with one or two skills while also having dodge frames makes for some braindead pvp.
    CaTaRacT
  • AmaltheaAmalthea
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 945
    edited August 18, 2016
    CuddleWings

We would like to request your feedback regarding concerns or suggestions you would like discuss regarding Class Balancing. We'll open the floor for Riders to discuss on how we can improve balancing moving forward. If you disagree with any of your fellow Riders on their opinions - please do so constructively.

We'll be sure to forward your concerns to our Team! :-)

Introduce easy to aquire starting PvP gear and make all PvP gear impossible to plus beyond 10 or 15, that way people that buy gold to get their to 20 or higher cant life from their money advantage alone and with +10 max everyone is at the relatively same gear lvl where skill (and apparently skills) matter more then having the most guys in the alliance with +20 crossbows of griefing.

Edit: Also even the most basic PvP gear should outclass a +20 Frost Command armor, but in return, should be totally useless for anything but PvP.
    BlazeALaFolieSerafCZTimeSeerBryonarDraconiya
  • KaiarraKaiarra
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,470
    edited August 18, 2016
    CuddleWings

dotnet
    dotnet said:

Explosive Shot........

Please, please, please don't just straight out nerf Exp. Shot's damage in PvE because of a bunch of PvP whinging - It's one of the few mounted abilities that don't hit like a wet sock.

Also, every single player has access to the ability, if they're repeatedly getting one shot with no chance to attack, they only have themselves to blame. Maybe they should work on their situational awarenesss and/or start playing in a group.

The only change I'd consider needed is to hand out a couple of easily obtained heroic PvP armors instead of rubbish elite armor (as the PvP resistance will tone the bursty damage down, but no one wants to wear terrible elite gear).

Nospheratu

Explosive shot isn't unique to one class. The problem is, as said before, although if you are buying gold it's not Pay to Win, it's Exploit to Win, that most of those people (griefers) are NOT PvPing. They stand at the exits to safe areas en masse, preventing people from leaving, unless they sneak out somehow or they are in a pack of 50 players.
    It's not hard to fly out of either camp - just stop trying to fly out the main exits at 100 meters, when you can fly out in any direction, at any altitude...
  • AwelynAwelyn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,365
    edited August 18, 2016
    idk I don't really see the issue.. yeah explosive shot can be hard hitting.. but a lot of ppl really did focus on dps output and left hp and physical defense as a far second and third option.. most assassins have stupid dps but can be one shot pretty easily because they have 1.2 phy def and like 4k health.. I play assassin myself and have good dps and good defense as well as good hp and explosive shot rarely kills me.. yeah i get hit for a good burst but I can counter and remount and usually kill the person attacking me.. sometimes i die.. its pvp. expect it.. Also don't be mad that a few guilds were preparing for this and have huge numbers.. We all don't like that certain guild but lets face facts... they prepared and they are getting the job done for this area.. let us also not forget this whole pvp zone is optional.. if you don't like it don't play it. Yes some people did sink money to get their plus 20 gear.. every game has it.. no use in complaining about it.. so get into one of the dominating guilds, rework your gear and skills and be ready to die.. lol if you win a couple battles here and there, well you aren't as disappointed as you could have been ;)
    Daenerys12
  • OctoberStormOctoberStorm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,620
    edited August 18, 2016
    Kaiarra
    Kaiarra said:

Please, please, please don't just straight out nerf Exp. Shot's damage in PvE because of a bunch of PvP whinging - It's one of the few mounted abilities that don't hit like a wet sock.

You know I have been thinking about this as well. I really don't want to lose PvE damage due to control issues in PvP. I really hope that any "nerfs" will take place in the PvP zone only. However, I understand that can be tricky as well as there are mounts to tame in the area.

Another game I used to play handled it's PvP by giving armor that could only be worn in PvP zones and it granted defense and other "buffs" that prevented even support classes from being one shotted. It made PvP more enjoyable and you actually had a chance to run if you needed to XD

Either way, before any nerfs, please consider the PvEers too :)

October <3

Cream
  • PixiiPixii
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,480
    edited August 18, 2016
    Let's have Player vs Player
    and not Player vs Who Ever Shoots First Wins
    or Player vs Cant Walk 5 Steps without getting 1 shot

Basically skills that work in PVE shouldn't work the same in PvP
    (like perma-CC, one-shot aoe, etc)
    I get it that this game is all about getting one shot, and dying for realsies
    But, I would actually like to be able to defend myself against an attacker

For Example:
    Once when I played WoW (a million years ago)
    This Rogue snuck up on me while I was picking flowers
    And I'm like.. dude, I really just wanted to pick up this flower
    But I was able to turn the fight in my favor and win
    And so I said to the dude "you should have just let me pick my flower"

But in the Badlands it's like
    "oh you want that flower? how about you get face rolled instead. and when you get back to that flower, I'm going to face roll you again. and if you're with a team, it doesn't matter, because we're going to target the priest and face roll you again. Oh you need to heal the people we're not targeting because we're not AI and we actually know who to kill? Time to be face rolled again"

This sounds like a rant, but it's not. I'm just not a fan of open world PvP
    I'd really love a flag option, but it totally goes against the storyline, so I get it.

I just really like exploration, and I like to stop and smell the flowers
    But I wont be able to experience the Badlands and that makes me a little sad
    LadyScalesCyprussDraconiya
  • MyriamMyriam
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,080
    edited August 18, 2016
    Don't ruin explosive shot for pvp, never balance anything for pvp, you will for sure ruin a nice game. All classes are the same after balancing for pvp and most players gone because nothig else than pvp makes any sense. Find a solution for pvp only or let the whiners go but nerver hurt pve.
  • KandyKandy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,680
    edited August 18, 2016
    From my opinion, the only way to fix the PvP is to remove the mounting ability completely since it feels to ruin the skill-based class competing.
    Now, "Then how to tame the Badlands flying familiars" you might ask.
    Simple, a) For the high-altitude mounts (Nightmare etc), their circling pattern is changed so they land at least 3 times per circle for 5-10 minutes per land, and it the ground, they have the "normal monster walking pattern"
    Didn't think this completely through, but the same would apply to all of the air mounts that can fly.