[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Stay Tuned for Future Patch Notes

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,920
Administrator
edited April 13, 2016 in Patch Notes
Patience is a virtue, Riders!
XJaDeMoOnXHibiyaTakezo_KenseiPerjureOberothCodetechninjalasko0Gundam

Comments

• KisaKisa
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,140
    edited April 14, 2016
    Please keep us notified Cuddle! i appreciate the time and effort you put in to keep us updated without giving us too much information
    KingZero_JonasZanicusMajickManHunterTakezo_KenseipaperplasticLordFakerAxzero
  • ClutchClutch
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,810
    edited April 14, 2016
    I'm not sure patch notes will really be a thing until OB. Well, maybe partway through a CBT. But I think it's unlikely they'd patch the game during a period where it's only open for a few days.
    KingZero_JonasMajickShadow
  • KingZero_JonasKingZero_Jonas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,210
    edited April 14, 2016
    I would like to atleast know if we have any recommended computer specs yet?
    ClutchMajickShadow
  • ClutchClutch
    edited April 14, 2016
    KingZero_Jonas

Oh gosh, I'm pretty sure they had them on the temp forums, but I don't know if they were posted here yet, and I don't remember what they were.
    The_Grey_150
  • MajickManMajickMan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,060
    edited April 15, 2016
    The recommended specs are as follows:

2GB RAM
    Potato.
    ClutchMajickShadowKageAngel02ZanicusHuitzilThe_Grey_150Takezo_KenseipaperplasticCrowXee
  • SethGureSethGure
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,750
    edited April 15, 2016
    KingZero_Jonas

The game is well optimized , so you won't be lagging allot even if you have low specs.
    MajickManClutchForTheKillHibiya
  • MajickManMajickMan
    edited April 15, 2016
    As long as you have decent internet speeds you should be fine.
    MajickShadowpaperplastic
  • SethGureSethGure
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,750
    edited April 15, 2016

Please keep us notified Cuddle! i appreciate the time and effort you put in to keep us updated without giving us too much information
    Yea , lack of communication between the staff and player turned me down from allot of mmos out there , examples :that recent mmo asta , cabal 2 , EOS although eos staff wasn't that bad compared to others , and all of these games have one thing in common they died couple months after they were released , but for the time being i have really high hopes for this community and game in general :).
    ForTheKillpaperplasticswordsy
  • MajickManMajickMan
    edited April 15, 2016
    I liked aspects of most of those, but I tend to agree that ASTA was a very "generalized" game. You probably saw all of our postings in the Community @SethGure
    MajickShadow
  • HarperHarper
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,050
    edited April 15, 2016
    so far lack of communication is not a problem here. I have seen more communication here than most MMOs have in years. Hell, the devs are even on a discord channel, thats almost unheard of. Many lurk on reddit or similar but hardly ever directly interact with a community. Even community managers start to post less and less after launches. Its yet to be seen here, but I have faith in @CuddleWings
    MajickManClutchMajickShadowTakezo_Kensei
  • ClutchClutch
    edited April 15, 2016
    Harper
    Harper said:

so far lack of communication is not a problem here. I have seen more communication here than most MMOs have in years. Hell, the devs are even on a discord channel, thats almost unheard of. Many lurk on reddit or similar but hardly ever directly interact with a community. Even community managers start to post less and less after launches. Its yet to be seen here, but I have faith in @CuddleWings
    A lot of me is now wondering why that is. Maybe many game devs don't consider communication with the community something worth spending money on (and I'd be shocked if they aren't; they're almost undoubtedly paying CuddleWings to do this). I know it's true that player's don't always really know what they want. Games critically acclaimed as masterpieces are outsold by Mario Party 1239469236 and COD 203640731048320... And often when players are asked "What do you want in the game?", they respond with conflicting ideas. I say "The lack of riding in the early game makes the first few hours feel like a massive, slogging tutorial", somebody else says "Riding is too much to pile on top of new players all at once, and having to play a while to get it makes it feel earned and special"...
    Game development is incredibly complicated. If nothing else, I'll say that I really LIKE knowing the devs are listening to us, and that my opinion matters and may actually affect the game. I would imagine it's great for keeping the especially loyal players around.
    SethGureMajickManKageAngel02TazzieSporticas
  • TergenTergen
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,175
    edited April 16, 2016
    There's a story on the internet of one guy's desire to make a game. He made the game, put it out there in beta and ignored everything everyone said was not so good. He made the game his way and told them all to go take a long walk off a short pier. This made the populous mad and the game never reached gold status. This is the one thing no one that develops games should do. As a almost graduated game designer, we are taught to listen to the feedback of fellow students in the program. Do you know how critical we all are of games our peers made? It's amusing but at the same time, very direct and to the point. Some things are foolish comments from egotistical people but other feedback is right on point. So in saying all that, i'm still surprised and pleased at the same time that they actually did take the suggestions of the community, considered them and in most cases agreed it needed to change. This is just hyper smart game development and it is a great dev team working on this game. I can say for all my grouchiness that I am quite happy so far with the direction it's going as a player.
    ClutchBobTheBlobSethGureMajickManTazzieSporticasfennixfox
  • BobTheBlobBobTheBlob
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,165
    Forum Moderator
    edited April 16, 2016
    you gotta love the devs that actually do listen to the community on many points of fixes not just, oh this 1 thing we agree is wrong thats what we fix ignore all other stuff because we made it a certain way we not changing. Games that barely budge based on community input always end up dying quick i seem to find
    MajickManfennixfox
  • ClutchClutch
    edited April 17, 2016
    Thinking about it, it's probably more necessary to listen to players with an f2p MMO than say, a one-player or just multiplayer game, since the devs don't expect the player to buy the game once and then play it as much as they want, or don't want, they expect them to keep playing over a long period of time and support the game with microtransactions. It doesn't matter quite as much if a player buys a single-player game and is dissatisfied, they've already given the company money (though they will of course go around saying it's bad and it'd make less sales), whereas one of the pulls of an MMO is playing with lots of other players. And if those players all ditch due to complaints the devs are ignoring...
    I don't know. I just woke up, I'm in rambling mode.
    MajickManAperostfennixfox
  • MajickManMajickMan
    edited April 17, 2016
    This is why he's my choice for top officer. 2 points for insight. I'll find another post I haven't insighted that was floating the line.
    Clutch
    Clutch said:

Thinking about it, it's probably more necessary to listen to players with an f2p MMO than say, a one-player or just multiplayer game, since the devs don't expect the player to buy the game once and then play it as much as they want, or don't want, they expect them to keep playing over a long period of time and support the game with microtransactions. It doesn't matter quite as much if a player buys a single-player game and is dissatisfied, they've already given the company money (though they will of course go around saying it's bad and it'd make less sales), whereas one of the pulls of an MMO is playing with lots of other players. And if those players all ditch due to complaints the devs are ignoring...
    MajickShadow
  • ClutchClutch
    edited April 17, 2016
    MajickMan
    MajickMan said:

This is why he's my choice for top officer. 2 points for insight. I'll find another post I haven't insighted that was floating the line.
    Clutch
    Clutch said:

Oh, thank you. :o
    MajickShadowfennixfox
  • XJaDeMoOnXXJaDeMoOnX
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,585
    edited April 18, 2016

Patience is a virtue, Riders!

LmaoNXACuddlesTazzieOuttafennixfox
  • HaaraHaara
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited April 28, 2016
    Ty for your help I look forwards to the posts.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,805
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited April 29, 2016

I agree
    fennixfox
  • DevourDevour
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,830
    edited April 29, 2016
    isn't most patch information on new's feed before logging in?
    fennixfox
This discussion has been closed.