[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Standard Mode vs Action Mode for Wizard

BuddaOfDeathBuddaOfDeath
Riders of Icarus Rep: 755
edited August 29, 2016 in Wizard
Just had the [Dis] Pleasure of doing the garlic quest
What a nightmare in action mode.

Yes im aware they recommend not using action mode as a wiz but i hate all the moving about with right mouse

I ended up having to swop to standard mode take of my staff after i activated mana shield and use my fists and stand there and let them hit me whilst i clicked or tried till i got it done.
Worst quest by far for me.

When i changed to standard mode i couldnt use my left and right mouse spells?
How do people play in standard mode, i hadnt got a clue as i dont/never used it before.

How is it supposed to work?

Comments

• HaerionHaerion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,405
    edited August 29, 2016
    You cast your spells with the number keys 1..2..3... like in every other mmo :)
    You may as well right-click the icons in your toolbar to launch a skill.
    This is not a shooter or diablo where you have only 1 spell for each mousebutton.

You select your target by right-click (with autoattack) or simply with the tab key.
  • BuddaOfDeathBuddaOfDeath
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 755
    edited August 29, 2016
    Haerion
    Haerion said:

You cast your spells with the number keys 1..2..3..
    You select your target by right-click (with autoattack) or simply with the tab key.
    So the current LMB + RMB would need to go on the bars at the bottom?
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
    edited August 29, 2016
    BuddaOfDeath

Haerion
    Haerion said:

You cast your spells with the number keys 1..2..3..
    So the current LMB + RMB would need to go on the bars at the bottom?
    Yes, I cant imagine playing my wiz on action mode. It is just what you are used to and preference really. I just hate the tabbing and target selection on action mode and it feels a lot easier for me on standard.

• ShinobuShinobu
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 555
    edited August 31, 2016
    I honestly don't know how people play with standard mode. I am a wizard and i still play in action mode...much easier to kite for me. Sadly for me, tabbing doesn't work in action mode and i find it sometimes hard to find a target when there is a lot of dead bodies which is a bit annoying. it's how I am used to playing every single mmo since WoW.
  • ZexeiaZexeia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 855
    edited September 6, 2016
    I usually like action mode, but I hate it in this game. Absolutely hate it. Standard mode for me. Targeting in the this game is my biggest complaint about game play.