[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Wiz Vs Sin

Sinful_Bl1ssSinful_Bl1ss
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,135
edited September 3, 2016 in Wizard
Looking for tips on pvping sins.
My main problem is just getting knocked up and being unable to do anything while they dash and kill me in like 2 -3 hits unless i have my mana barrier then it takes a little more. If i manage to get my damage reduction shield up and cast ember bomb on them it helps a bit to be able to spam the ice fang, but its hard to reach that point when i get crit cced or knocked in the air for years which i cant safety warp from,
So Tips ?

Comments

• SarkSark
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,960
    edited September 4, 2016
    ASA > WIZ, PRIEST > ZERK/GUARD > ASA

Does not matter what skills you have.

Nexon turned the game into paper, scissorer, rock

ASA do 105% dmg on wiz, priest
    ZERK, Guard do 45% on Wiz, priest
    ZERK, Guard do 105% dmg on ASA
    Wiz, priest do 45% dmg on ASA
    Wiz, priest do 105% dmg on zerk, guard

Before last few updates the dmg was equal to all classes.
    iJustAm
  • Sinful_Bl1ssSinful_Bl1ss
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,135
    edited September 4, 2016
    I knew about the damage for each class and I understand each class is supposed to have an advantage over one that's how most games are but I was hoping usung some skill/strat would help wizards or whoever to atleast have a chance against their counters rather then just giving up
  • AngelxAngelx
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,245
    edited September 4, 2016
    If gears are equal you will have no chance against assassin, unless they're REALLY BAD.

If you outgear the assassin than you will have a chance.

With that being said, your best chance is to keep distance and frozen blessings when engaging, and blink away when it's over and wait till cd is up.
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
    edited September 4, 2016
    Good lolz in thread, thanks.
  • HroftzHroftz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    edited September 5, 2016
    Buff frozen blessing at right time>fear>if fear connects>meteor combo=Assassin is dead...If fear doesnt connect>Bombs combo>Lances=assassin is dead
    If assassin deside to kite you and you didnt managed to CC and burst him=you loose
    Most of assassins will just try to CC/burst you with shield on and die like rams.
    Ofc you need to have a good gear to burst high HP sins.
    Wizzard is best 1 vs 1 class atm,there is really no class you cant kill if you have arms.
    Sinful_Bl1ss
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    edited September 8, 2016
    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

Buff frozen blessing at right time>fear>if fear connects>meteor combo=Assassin is dead...If fear doesnt connect>Bombs combo>Lances=assassin is dead
    If assassin deside to kite you and you didnt managed to CC and burst him=you loose
    Most of assassins will just try to CC/burst you with shield on and die like rams.
    Wizzard is best 1 vs 1 class atm,there is really no class you cant kill if you have arms.
    In an actual duel with the 5 sec countdown and everything, equally geared/skilled wiz and sin the Wiz SHOULD be winning a majority of the time. In open world pvp sin has advantage. my .02
    Phyreite
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
    edited September 12, 2016
    nexon is taking the piss, they are buffin sin even more op while showing no love for wizards, even in pvp the priest got a defence boost against sin but wizard got nothing but reduce damage agaisnt zerk/guard.
  • HroftzHroftz
    edited September 12, 2016
    CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

In an actual duel with the 5 sec countdown and everything, equally geared/skilled wiz and sin the Wiz SHOULD be winning a majority of the time. In open world pvp sin has advantage. my .02
    With new items added Sin can have more than 20k health,i have 3900 dps with pet and its very hard to burst such health down,especialy if sin has +15 or more armor pieces....You will loose majority of figths and win only those where you have been able to CC/burst sin at the start without using Frozen Blessing....Sadly with new legendaries added,50% dmg debuff we have vs sin starts to come in to play....I think you need a perfect gear to revert such situations,around 4.5k dps with pet but that will require getting good leg staff+20,jewelry set for Overall attack+Crit dmg and good leg bow/lance.

• CrowFan01CrowFan01
    edited September 17, 2016
    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

With new items added Sin can have more than 20k health,i have 3900 dps with pet and its very hard to burst such health down,especialy if sin has +15 or more armor pieces....You will loose majority of figths and win only those where you have been able to CC/burst sin at the start without using Frozen Blessing....Sadly with new legendaries added,50% dmg debuff we have vs sin starts to come in to play....I think you need a perfect gear to revert such situations,around 4.5k dps with pet but that will require getting good leg staff+20,jewelry set for Overall attack+Crit dmg and good leg bow/lance.

Well I dunno what to tell you I have yet to lose to a sin except for when i had no heroic seals and 5k hp. My usual strat when fighting a sin is to start with fear and root while fear is mid-air. If fear lands great, if it doesnt at least they are rooted. After that you tap your ember bomb. Do not fully charge it you will still get the burning embers debuff and can spam your fang. if they arent dead by then i re-fear and frozen blessing for good measure in case fear doesnt stick and do the same but this time with frost bomb and fully charged combo skill as it takes about a sec to fully charge. No sin has lived past this point, so thats where it ends.

Of course sometimes not everything goes according to plan but you have to be quick with your CC disable if you do get stunned, and then i usually instantly blink backwards to get distance assess whats on cd and whats up and go from there. I have had a couple of close calls the closest being me winning with about 2k hp and no mana. im at 3k DPS unbuffed and around 3800-3900 with pet depending if they wanna duel with pet out or not. 13k hp, 25k mana 42% cdr. ive fought many 8-11k dps sins and its always the same outcome. The biggest mistake I see wiz make is popping blessing as soon as the fight starts and if the sin is smart he just wont get in distance for you to do anything and you essential waste your winning ticket spell. I have 42% cdr and the fight never goes lost enough where I get to use it twice so only use it when you are sure you are about to eat some dmg.

If you precast its auto win as you can just cast thunderstorm on your self which lasts for 15 sec and you can unleash hell and if the sin comes in he just gets stunned from lightning. Although I learned the hard way that pre casting is for noobs so I don't do that anymore :D

Phyreite
  • HroftzHroftz
    edited September 17, 2016
    CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

Well I dunno what to tell you I have yet to lose to a sin except for when i had no heroic seals and 5k hp. My usual strat when fighting a sin is to start with fear and root while fear is mid-air. If fear lands great, if it doesnt at least they are rooted. After that you tap your ember bomb. Do not fully charge it you will still get the burning embers debuff and can spam your fang. if they arent dead by then i re-fear and frozen blessing for good measure in case fear doesnt stick and do the same but this time with frost bomb and fully charged combo skill as it takes about a sec to fully charge. No sin has lived past this point, so thats where it ends.

Of course sometimes not everything goes according to plan but you have to be quick with your CC disable if you do get stunned, and then i usually instantly blink backwards to get distance assess whats on cd and whats up and go from there. I have had a couple of close calls the closest being me winning with about 2k hp and no mana. im at 3k DPS unbuffed and around 3800-3900 with pet depending if they wanna duel with pet out or not. 13k hp, 25k mana 42% cdr. ive fought many 8-11k dps sins and its always the same outcome. The biggest mistake I see wiz make is popping blessing as soon as the fight starts and if the sin is smart he just wont get in distance for you to do anything and you essential waste your winning ticket spell. I have 42% cdr and the fight never goes lost enough where I get to use it twice so only use it when you are sure you are about to eat some dmg.

If you precast its auto win as you can just cast thunderstorm on your self which lasts for 15 sec and you can unleash hell and if the sin comes in he just gets stunned from lightning. Although I learned the hard way that pre casting is for noobs so I don't do that anymore :D

With new legendaries sins can reach up to 20k HP with good gear and 13k dps while 9k dps is enough to burst full mana and health in 1 combo....To win you need to connect vital CC like fear and knockdown while bursting and then use Frozen blessing to finish the job...All that sin needs is 1 mistake,failed CC or resist and its GG...I used to think sins are easy dueling 10k hp sins but then i meet a sin with 19k health, +15-20 armor and i changed my mind,it takes ages to bring his HP down even with my dmg.
    And precasting is bad on duels,many ppl will flame you for that.
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    edited September 18, 2016
    Guess you are right my apologies. I have yet to fight a sin 20k HP and 13k DPS. Your statement works both ways though. We can reach 20k Hp and 35k Mana and 4-5k DPS unbuffed easily as well. But for the other 99.99% of the sins on my server, I am sticking to my guns :D
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    edited September 18, 2016
    Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

With new legendaries sins can reach up to 20k HP with good gear and 13k dps while 9k dps is enough to burst full mana and health in 1 combo....To win you need to connect vital CC like fear and knockdown while bursting and then use Frozen blessing to finish the job...All that sin needs is 1 mistake,failed CC or resist and its GG...I used to think sins are easy dueling 10k hp sins but then i meet a sin with 19k health, +15-20 armor and i changed my mind,it takes ages to bring his HP down even with my dmg.
    Forgot to mention, do you have max cdr or close to it? 3-4 sec CD on fear is OP. If you cycle your spells correctly you should be winning most of the time.
  • HroftzHroftz
    edited September 19, 2016
    CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

Hroftz
    Hroftz said:

Forgot to mention, do you have max cdr or close to it? 3-4 sec CD on fear is OP. If you cycle your spells correctly you should be winning most of the time.
    I use mix of gear for everything,while clearing trash in dungeons i use 30% CDR,for bosses 15% CDR and for duels 38% CDR.....Main problem is that Sins usualy finish dashing by the end of count and look at what you are doing,if you buffed FB they dash backwards and you loose time reaching needed range,if you start with fear they use chain and stun you,there is no chance to use GC as you are locked and if fear didnt worked you get launched in the air and loose....I was able to win some duels Vs 20k health but you need to be lucky with CC and resists...Second problem is that Mana Shield doesnt work with armor,armor only reduces dmg if you take that dmg in health directly.
    As for my health and mana....I have 17700 health with rondo and 18k mana,my mana is low i know so im not sure if i can live trough aerial combo with better stats.
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    edited September 19, 2016
    they burn through the mana shield fast anyway so having more HP might actually be worth.