[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Theorycrafting: Magic Attack vs Magic Crit Damage.

ScarebearScarebear
Riders of Icarus Rep: 880
edited October 3, 2016 in Wizard
Anyone know any of the actual math behind these please?

Like how many Magic craft Damage = how many Magic Attack?

Would very much like to know.

Thanks for looking.
WildLavender

Comments

• CrowFan01CrowFan01
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
    edited October 3, 2016
    As far as most of us can tell M.crit simply adds on a flat number to wtvr you crit for. From my experiences M crit is more efficient when facing World Bosses and MA is better for mostly everything else. I really wish I could log my own personal DPS numbers during a fight to test out some builds alas this is not a viable option atm.
  • ScarebearScarebear
    edited October 3, 2016
    Thanks, is about what I was thinking, agree it's a shame we can't really get any idea on actual numbers etc, or dps done. If only we had a dps mete/parser buit into the game :D
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    edited October 3, 2016
    Scarebear
    Scarebear said:

Thanks, is about what I was thinking, agree it's a shame we can't really get any idea on actual numbers etc, or dps done. If only we had a dps mete/parser buit into the game :D
    Yeah there was a post about dps meters some time ago, but the general consensus was that it would promote negative behavior from elitist and become a pissing contest. I agree and disagree but really don't see the harm in having one that only calculated your dmg and was only available to you. There are so many ideas and theories I have that I want to try and would try if such a tool was available. But atm it would cost to much time and gold to do so and not have the data available.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,305
    edited October 4, 2016
    I'd prefer to have a "training area" in the capital which allow you to attack a target and it gives back your average dps.
    I totally disagree with dps meter in dungeons or which share numbers with others. In many games I saw ppl blaming players or kicking them for their dps, even if they were playing good and applying correctly tactics.
    So i vote no to dps meter. But a tool which help you to improve yourself yes, it's very welcome.
  • ScarebearScarebear
    edited October 4, 2016
    I'm all for dps meters, frankly I think most are against them because they like being carried... :D
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    edited October 7, 2016
    Yllmathir
    Yllmathir said:

I'd prefer to have a "training area" in the capital which allow you to attack a target and it gives back your average dps.
    I totally disagree with dps meter in dungeons or which share numbers with others. In many games I saw ppl blaming players or kicking them for their dps, even if they were playing good and applying correctly tactics.
    So i vote no to dps meter. But a tool which help you to improve yourself yes, it's very welcome.
    What if that data was only available to you? You can get a general idea of how good someones "DPS" is just by looking at their stats. But maximizing damage and testing stat multipliers and pet buffs etc. is the data I want to have available.
  • Sinful_Bl1ssSinful_Bl1ss
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,135
    edited December 27, 2016
    Has anyone tested this further? im really uncertain of what to seal my karasha armor. Meta seems to be Magic Attack, but if i do math for damage gained per seal per crit getting mcrit damage is higher but its hard for me to test without putting a lot of effort into it
  • TheWizardTheWizard
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 910
    edited December 29, 2016
    Your MCD gives you more damage than your MA if you keep your MCR at 80% or above.
    Sinful_Bl1ss