[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

QUESTION - WIZARD

iJustAmiJustAm
Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
edited October 7, 2016 in Wizard
Why does the new level 40 wizard skill say 5550 damage
but hit less them ember bomb which is 1350 damage?

am i missing something, or is this another case of crap wizard talent skills that have been made solely to be of useless help by nexon cause they hate wizards so much.

Comments

• LeymeLeyme
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 940
    edited October 8, 2016
    Are you attacking something a lot higher than you or a field boss? Because on normal creatures and elite/heroics it hits just fine.
  • NaukNauk
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 745
    edited October 8, 2016
    I think the damage its fine and mitigated correctly but the talent orb that add an extra 20% to the skill (level 40 affinity) did nothing to the damage i tested... I'll do more testing and post on the bug board once i get more points to reset again. :P
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    edited October 8, 2016
    Nauk
    Nauk said:

I think the damage its fine and mitigated correctly but the talent orb that add an extra 20% to the skill (level 40 affinity) did nothing to the damage i tested... I'll do more testing and post on the bug board once i get more points to reset again. :P
    there's a hit limit to some area's but, i dont think the talent skill hits fine, compared to it's skill description because
    the description states 5550 damage and on my character it does 3x the hit which is 9600 x 3 or 11300 ish on crit which is if you add up 33900 damage all up.
    now do ember bomb hits 36-55k at 1350 damage... i mean why spend time doing this new skill 1.7 second cast time without cast time reduction when u can just do two ice fangs that do 17k damage each hit by themselves.... doesn't make sense, wiz keeps getting skills that are useless. meanwhile priests and stuff getting ultimate buffs, wiz gets -10% cast time but u have to stand still for the buff to work.

meanwhile they buff up assassin's which is the broken class, but nexon thinks mage is still the most broken class they are so far behind in testing.
    i mean the god dam frozen blessing skill says instant cast, while it takes 2 seconds to cast it which u can still get hit in that time it takes to cast instant cast and at the same time it uses the skill, so it wastes a shield just because its not instant cast.... nexon needs to step their game when it comes to wizard.

• CrowFan01CrowFan01
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
    edited October 8, 2016
    frozen blessing is an instant cast. As soon as you press it there is no "cast time" it goes on CD instantly. No where does it say that it is instantly applied. ice fangs insta cast as well but have a short window of flight time before they do damage right ? Fear is insta cast as well but take a sec or 2 depending on distance of enemy before it lands. I think it would be too OP if we could just wait for a certain ability and insta cast blessing and have it be instantly applied as well. I think Wiz is fine in its current state for pve and pvp. I haven't lost a duel to any class except for sin and even then they have to be really geared. In PvE we have the ability to kite like no other and can regen hp/mp easily while still doing amazing DPS. I feel bad for other classes mostly :D
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    edited October 9, 2016
    CrowFan01
    CrowFan01 said:

frozen blessing is an instant cast. As soon as you press it there is no "cast time" it goes on CD instantly. No where does it say that it is instantly applied. ice fangs insta cast as well but have a short window of flight time before they do damage right ? Fear is insta cast as well but take a sec or 2 depending on distance of enemy before it lands. I think it would be too OP if we could just wait for a certain ability and insta cast blessing and have it be instantly applied as well. I think Wiz is fine in its current state for pve and pvp. I haven't lost a duel to any class except for sin and even then they have to be really geared. In PvE we have the ability to kite like no other and can regen hp/mp easily while still doing amazing DPS. I feel bad for other classes mostly :D
    i get what you are saying but.
    mana shield is instant cast and it instant casts aswell.....
    also good luck kiting moonlight edge, it will teleport to you, you cannot escape.

• CrowFan01CrowFan01
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
    edited October 9, 2016
    iJustAm
    iJustAm said:

Nauk
    Nauk said:

there's a hit limit to some area's but, i dont think the talent skill hits fine, compared to it's skill description because
    the description states 5550 damage and on my character it does 3x the hit which is 9600 x 3 or 11300 ish on crit which is if you add up 33900 damage all up.
    now do ember bomb hits 36-55k at 1350 damage... i mean why spend time doing this new skill 1.7 second cast time without cast time reduction when u can just do two ice fangs that do 17k damage each hit by themselves.... doesn't make sense, wiz keeps getting skills that are useless. meanwhile priests and stuff getting ultimate buffs, wiz gets -10% cast time but u have to stand still for the buff to work.

meanwhile they buff up assassin's which is the broken class, but nexon thinks mage is still the most broken class they are so far behind in testing.
    i mean the god dam frozen blessing skill says instant cast, while it takes 2 seconds to cast it which u can still get hit in that time it takes to cast instant cast and at the same time it uses the skill, so it wastes a shield just because its not instant cast.... nexon needs to step their game when it comes to wizard.

ember bomb adds a damage multiplier for every tier you charge it to. Also you have to remember we are only at level 40. Maybe this new skills chains with another skill at level 50 for example or maybe not. If you don't think its useful then don't use it :D
  • Bambino_Bambino_
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,090
    edited October 23, 2016
    Lol But to be honest who uses the explosions and/or the trails ? I dont ..... Our 30 and 40 level skills are really bad and need some revisions @CuddleWings. Maybe you can forward this to the team ? :)
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    edited October 24, 2016
    Deleted by Moderator
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,105
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited October 24, 2016
    @iJustAm

I will suggest to refrain from any talks of servers other than JP/KR. Nexon policy does not permit it and is very strict about this subject.
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    edited October 25, 2016
    Cream
    Cream said:

@iJustAm

I will suggest to refrain from any talks of servers other than JP/KR. Nexon policy does not permit it and is very strict about this subject.

really XD - i get where you are coming from but, one YouTube search of Icarus and you will be bombarded with them, so its not like anyone doesn't know their existence haha but okay, no probs.

• YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,305
    edited November 5, 2016
    Bambino_
    Bambino_ said:

Lol But to be honest who uses the explosions and/or the trails ? I dont ..... Our 30 and 40 level skills are really bad and need some revisions @CuddleWings. Maybe you can forward this to the team ? :)
    If your enemy is destabilized and happens to have all other knockback skills in CD, Explosion still help. Used it many times in FK when happened to have knockback skills in charge. Lately I use it only to buff up before the first tunnel in TB.

About trails... If you use it once reached already 5x Stack Buffs it raises to 6 or even 7 (depending on your cdr).. Casting ember bomb + barrage or fire storm + meteor with 7x buffs really show amazing numbers. A part that I use it as end blow in certain situations (more in solo than in group anyway).
    Trail show numbers when you gather many trash mobs, but a part that isn't so useful as I hoped.