[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

64k HP / 20k Def Guardian Gears

SultanAlaaddinSultanAlaaddin
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,100
edited October 10, 2016 in Guardian

PenenelopeCruz

Comments

• ZadozexZadozex
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,665
    edited October 11, 2016
    While your max HP set certainly looks like a fun little exercise, I would encourage all new tanks who see this and think “wow that’s a lot of HP” to reconsider. Aim for something closer to what he uses for his DPS set.

Anything above 30k HP and 6k defense is more than enough for this content tier for survival. At 35k HP and 10k defense myself, I can survive on the final boss of H5 without a healer while he flies back from rezzing (using 1 full HP pot from premium). That’s pretty much the worst case scenario I can imagine in the current content. This is still using my level 35 gear. Stacking purely HP beyond that wastes all of the utility guardian has to offer.

Treat your tank like you would a zerker or assassin. If you can, get full strength on every gear piece except shoulder/neck/lance, which need CDR. The constitution rolls on gear (7-10) are much lower than you get from all stats anyway, whereas the strength rolls are almost as good as the phys attack you gain from a Kerav.

While the strength vs con ratio on the rest of your gear is debatable, you absolutely have to cap CDR with shoulder/neck/lance. Even the DPS set in this video doesn’t have capped CDR, which isn’t good. CDR is important to tanks for a lot of reasons. Taunts = threat in this game. Even with high DPS as a tank, it’s almost impossible to keep threat off a max geared DPS class through sheer DPS alone. If DPS has to walk on eggshells not to pull threat or they are constantly pulling threat and the boss is moving a lot, then you are doing a poor job as a tank and costing the group overall DPS. You might be getting people killed too.

CDR lets you use all of your skills more often. Tanks are the very best debuffing class in the game! Between rampant charge (30% magic/phys debuff), Onslaught (30% phys debuff), Swift Justice (10% phys), and various link chains (5% each), you seriously contribute to group damage output. If you sync up your big debuffs with a burning light buff phase, your melee DPS will be hitting for insane numbers. With max CDR, you can keep up at least 30-50% phys debuff the entire fight, with 30% magic debuff from rampant up about 50% of the time. An extra 10-15 seconds of these debuffs over the full duration of a boss fight far, far outweighs any other stats you could possibly get instead of CDR.

CDR lets you use your destabilize skills more often too, which brings me to my next point…crit rate. The “DPS set” in the video has 23% crit, which is quite low. Assassins and priests are the undisputed kings of destabilize in this game, but a high crit guardian can get close. Between shield smite, sentinel smash, liberty arc, rampart charge, and onslaught, I can take off 2-4 destabilize stacks in the time it takes the final boss of TB to cast his heal skill. A full 5 if a cast time debuff is on him and my cooldowns are aligned! Mages and berserkers don’t have much in the way of instant destabilize and even priests can be caught with no motes, so it takes a second to start destabilizing. Tanks have four instantly usable destabilizing skills, granted 3 are longer cooldowns. At a minimum, you should always be able to shield smite > hakains grasp > sentinel smash > shield smite > liberty arc though, which is 4 destabilizes in 5 seconds.

I have 43% crit rate unbuffed right now, but with Laiku buff and Apoc out, it gets to around 60. Latent light from priest will get you to 80%. I’m going to reoptimize some of my Kerav’s to Karresh’s, as well as be more patient waiting for crit gloves. I’m aiming for 55-60% crit rate unbuffed so I can be a more reliable destabilizer.
    PenenelopeCruzKlixenKrewPperk
  • SliyanSliyan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 760
    edited October 11, 2016
    There are a lot Talisman atm...
    Without that you only have 31% CDR, nice HP while your DD´s are tanking the boss.

Well, i don´t want to mock you, but in my opinion you failt gearing your Class.

greetings a Assa who has to much threat.
  • KlixenKlixen
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,500
    edited October 11, 2016
    @Zadozex You write some of the most useful posts on this forum. Your advice is always excellent. I can't tell you how much your knowledge has helped me to build my Guardian. Thank you.

I hope you stick around for a long time :-)
  • SultanAlaaddinSultanAlaaddin
    edited October 14, 2016
    Really boring to hear that "cdr" still...All dungeons are easy..Any guard can do all dungeons with lvl 15 gear(+10)..
    My char for pvp (even if there is no pvp anymore...lol )
  • SeyjiSeyji
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,340
    edited October 17, 2016
    SultanAlaaddin

Really boring to hear that "cdr" still...All dungeons are easy..Any guard can do all dungeons with lvl 15 gear(+10)..
    if your character was for pvp you whould use pvp gear ,which provide far more dmg reduction that what you have now......
    this gear are useless in front of real pvp gear....
    don't take it bad.

I don't say you are badly geared, it is good.
    Each and every one play what he want. I have y guardian with 6k dps and 35k HP, (without mana battle 6 day buff and without ellora's mark as in your Video and without consitution pots.) well without any buff....
    It is a choice. Play what you want is important.
  • SliyanSliyan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 760
    edited October 17, 2016
    Sure all dungeons are easy, even that easy that i can tank them with my assassin.
    But whats the point then gearing your tank like this? In that case you have to gear more str so you can to a little bit more dps and still tanky as fuch. Complete win for the grp.

You wanted to show off your gear, now you cry cause ppl have a different opinion about it. Hilarious.
  • ZadozexZadozex
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,665
    edited October 17, 2016
    SultanAlaaddin

For better or worse, there is very little theory crafting in this community, so when you make a post like yours, there are a lot of tanks that take it at face value. I remember when you made your 50k+ HP video at the previous content tier, a lot of tanks started mimicking your build.

I would encourage you to add some context to your posts in the future if you intend them to be for a specific purpose, like PvP. My post above wasn’t meant to start a flame war, but rather provide a detailed counter point to your post before the next generation of tanks was swayed down the HP rabbit hole.

Regardless of your impressions of dungeon difficultly, people have to build toward something as they gear up their character. Whether that be more toward HP or DPS is up for each individual person to decide. I (and many others) strongly believe that going for pure HP is a waste. You trade away so much that the guardian has to offer to get your HP that high.

edited October 17, 2016
    Sliyan
    Sliyan said:

In that case you have to gear more str so you can to a little bit more dps and still tanky as fuch.

You wanted to show off your gear, now you cry cause ppl have a different opinion about it. Hilarious.
    If u watched vid., I have str set too...

edited October 17, 2016
    Seyji
    Seyji said:

SultanAlaaddin

if your character was for pvp you whould use pvp gear ,which provide far more dmg reduction that what you have now......
    this gear are useless in front of real pvp gear....
    don't take it bad.
    It is a choice. Play what you want is important.
    For this patch, pvp gear useless for guard :/ I have heroic pvp gear too.
    May ll be more important +50lvl patches

• SeyjiSeyji
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,340
    edited October 19, 2016
    if you think so, ok.
    Your choice :D
  • nobusinessnobusiness
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 465
    edited October 27, 2016
    I didn't finish the dungeon but I got all the way to the golem on LLC L1. Something that made it way easier for me to survive was spamming my shield skill at every opportunity. The passive debuff enemies get from hitting your shield lowers their attacks by a whopping 30% and also gives your priest time to heal you.

I was at about 30k~ hp and 10k physical defense.
    edited October 28, 2016
    Phant00m
    Phant00m said:

Hi. Can you pls give us some feedback about Legendary dungeon? I am a average tank with aroud 40k hp and 10k defence and get killed in secs in legendary dungeon. What about you? How do you feel about it, is it hard or is it ok?
    We can do Leg dungeons,Titan trauma etc but not worth.Cause no any drop.
    -For Leg dungeons: Try to use ur Shield skill.(Safe Guard) when ur hp under %50 especially.So ur healer can make ur hp full.
    edited October 30, 2016
    DrSchmerz
  • DrSchmerzDrSchmerz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited May 11
    Nice Video,
    Is anyone in this Forum from Germany or speaks German?
    I have any questions about my new Guardian and my english is not so good.
    Danke im voraus
    Greetings to all ROI Gamers