[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Reasons for the new dungeon?

AlleyanaaaAlleyanaaa
Riders of Icarus Rep: 935
edited October 17, 2016 in Dungeons
So ever since the new patch people have been farming the dungeon a lot. Most I've seen don't really like it but want the legendarys and other loot you can get to either sell or max their character. This being said i can make about 300 gold a day just running dungeons like LavaLight, Carleon, And Ruins of Matren. All 3 of the dungeons i can solo will drop about 10-30 familliar orbs depending on the dungeon. and i have about a 20 min break in between running all 3. So right after i run the dungeons i can run Frost Keep in which if i get anything good i can sell that for pretty good money too. it seems like i really dont need to go to the new dungeon as at this point im a 7k dps Zerk with 50% physical crit and almost 20k gold to spend on maxing when people get the new gear.

If anyone finds a good reason to actually grind the new dungeons please let me know.
  1. Is it worth it to farm "The Breach"41 votes
    1. Worth
       22% (9 votes)
    2. Not Worth
       49% (20 votes)
    3. Depending on the Group
       29% (12 votes)

Comments

• ZadozexZadozex
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,720
    edited October 17, 2016
    It all boils down to your goals and what you find enjoyable. If you like to solo and not waste time forming groups, then perhaps TB would seem like a waste of time to you. Just solo farm all your gold and raid the auction house hoping someone posts good stuff.

If you are talking from a strictly money making perspective, then TB is obviously worthwhile. There are so many things that drop in TB that would sell for more than you would get clearing Lavalight, CM, and RoM. Based on my server prices, you get recipes (3-30g each), Voidstones (60g each), Void beast marks (45k each), treasure keys (30g each), bad heroic gear (5-50g each), good heroic gear (100-500g each), legendary gear (700g – 3k gold).

For the solo player, Attaius is probably still the best bang for the buck. He takes 4-10 minutes depending on class/gear and you get 20g from the drop, plus an assortment of things you can sell for moderate (2-20g) profit. Then you have the outside shot at a legendary which is big bucks.

Aside from the money, TB is how you get current tier gear when world bosses aren’t up. Sure, you can craft it too I suppose, but even then you need Voidstones from TB to craft. Some people also just like the challenge of doing a dungeon. With a good group, it’s easy, but doing speed runs where you run past everything and finish in 20 minutes isn’t so bad of a grind. Slower than 10 minute FK runs

I think where this dungeon misses the mark is that it’s not PUG friendly at all. The last boss is literally impossible without certain gear check thresholds (HP to survive cleaves and crit to destabilize), as well as some moderate coordination to hold destabilize at 2-3 stacks. One mess up and he’s back to full HP and you’re starting over. Boo! This also makes it hard to bring new players along. In FK, 2-3 geared people could carry some fresh level 35’s to get gear. In TB, it’s too hard to carry under-geared players. In a game that’s bleeding veteran players, it’s all the more noticeable when no one wants to party with undergeared people. I feel sorry for people starting this game late and trying to do the current content.

This dungeon also suffers in that over-gearing it doesn’t really speed things up. You can’t “over gear” destabilize. There is a finite amount of stacks a player can knock off the boss in a given amount of time. Most well geared players were already at crit cap before this patch, so the new gear doesn’t help there. You just hit harder. Part of the fun of gearing up in an MMO is making the content easier as you progress. In FK, a well geared group would start skipping wolves because you blew up the boss so fast.
    KesstrylReezorMastasDraconiyaAlleyanaaa
  • KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,775
    edited October 17, 2016
    It is very long, I have to dedicate a good amount of time just to do it on elite solo.
    Pandarkvador
  • VroomVroom
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,125
    edited October 17, 2016
    I'm going to tell you one thing and one thing only... It is worth to farm the breach if you can solo it on H1/H2.

It is really easy to just skip through everything and head over to Umax, once you kill him, you basically head over to the last boss whilst skipping all mobs and then you finish it up with Chaos Lord Izoro. You do not have to kill all the bosses. You can skip all except Umax. In terms of drops, yes its worth farming due to you needing this new gear for crafting on lvl 45/50 patch and needing gear in general. You can also sell trash gear for a decent amount on the auction house regardless of how trash it is.

They disabled BoO for this dungeon for a reason... Make use of it. Good luck.
    Alleyanaaa
  • AlleyanaaaAlleyanaaa
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 935
    edited October 19, 2016
    Vroom
    Vroom said:

I'm going to tell you one thing and one thing only... It is worth to farm the breach if you can solo it on H1/H2.

It is really easy to just skip through everything and head over to Umax, once you kill him, you basically head over to the last boss whilst skipping all mobs and then you finish it up with Chaos Lord Izoro. You do not have to kill all the bosses. You can skip all except Umax. In terms of drops, yes its worth farming due to you needing this new gear for crafting on lvl 45/50 patch and needing gear in general. You can also sell trash gear for a decent amount on the auction house regardless of how trash it is.

Of course on this you are right, it is worth it purely for money if you have a group. Most of the time though i have 1-2 lvl 40s in my guild that could really stand to run the breach on a lower difficulty like h3-4 and h5 for most of us is purely a novelty. with about the same stats as yours according you your recent guide i know i could do it on heroic 5. the problem is that i would have to pug if i wanted to run it. So from your experience so far do you think pugs are still worth it right now when not everyone can really do it?

• ZadozexZadozex
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,720
    edited October 19, 2016
    Alleyanaaa

Vroom
    Vroom said:

Of course on this you are right, it is worth it purely for money if you have a group. Most of the time though i have 1-2 lvl 40s in my guild that could really stand to run the breach on a lower difficulty like h3-4 and h5 for most of us is purely a novelty. with about the same stats as yours according you your recent guide i know i could do it on heroic 5. the problem is that i would have to pug if i wanted to run it. So from your experience so far do you think pugs are still worth it right now when not everyone can really do it?

High ends PUGs are no problem. If everyone in the group knows how to destabilize and has the crit rate to do it, then the last boss is a cake walk. You just keep hitting him and destabilize ASAP when he goes back to 10 stacks. If the group can't do that, then you need some sort of plan to hold stacks at 2-3 until he starts to cast his heal. This coordination can be tricky if people struggle to not use destabilize skills (or use knockdown/CC skills once he's been accidentally destabilized). Coupled with the fact that you get half the loot in H3 compared to H5, then no, I would not recommend H3 PUGs unless you know the people to be reasonable players or you have some patience.
    Alleyanaaa
  • HeytacoHeytaco
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,675
    edited October 20, 2016
    The dungeon has such a terrible gear drops rate that it's a real waste of time. After Multiple runs of h3 we mostly received blue gear and 0 heroics from each boss. The same story in h5. I know some people have decent luck. But it is way to frequent in my group and guilds groups that nothing drops. So I choose not to run it at all, because it is not a viable option for gearing up.

To go a little further into how worthless the dungeon actually is. There are no elluns or mark rewards for it. So they could have saved time and not implemented the dungeon because less and less people are running it because it is only good for novelty and group activities. As fun as it is its sad how poor the benefits are. But nexon isn't listening about the dungeon right now. Too busy with the Halloween stuff, which is pretty fun. One thing is certain I'm not running the breach for candy lol.
    Mastas
  • MastasMastas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,665
    edited October 20, 2016
    Developers seem to have forgot there is Elite difficulty and on people not Geared or not skilled enough that should give them at least a chance to get a new piece of Gear Like in ALL dungeons before,from Lava to Rondo Elite 3-5 has decent chance to drop Heroic items for all,not so in TB Elite where apart from keys it almost Drops NOTHING worth it at all and not just on the many Sub Bosses that no one kills just cause they dont drop Anything anyway ..
    Please Fix Heroic loot ratio and decrease same recipies filling loot chest over and over again.

• SpyritSpyrit
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,760
    edited October 20, 2016
    Priest @ 95% crit rate, 2 sins = profit.
  • SliyanSliyan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 760
    edited October 23, 2016
    The best thing for me is Frostkeep H5 (grp) to get gear, and then Breach H1(Solo) for 2-3 Voidstones to craft them into new one´s.
    I keep 2x Str 1xDex and sell the rest. Since the new gear is just a little bit better then my current.
    Properly also could to H2, but i don´t see a point. Since even on H3 and a grp there is not a notable increase of Voidstones.

Takes about max. 30min, FK i only need a priest, rest of grp does not really matter, and then a quick ~15min Solo run. => Profit.
    Legendary drops most likely on WB´s, if you get one from the dungeons it´s just a bonus.

Sad but true.

• YetskiiYetskii
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,215
    edited October 26, 2016

Higher DPS does speed it up as long as you have a group that knows how to destabilize at the right time....cause once you break him you max dps with the priest circle, killing him faster