[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Wiz Vs. Sin

CrowFan01CrowFan01
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,755
edited October 17, 2016 in Wizard
Right now the only class we should be losing to are well geared sins. I'd say its about a 70/30 split in favor of geared sins when I pvp them. My current and only strat that sometimes works is starting with blessing then going into fear/curse. If fear sticks i cast lightning on myself so that when they dash to you they get interrupted as well. I then proceed with ember/fang combo and go from there. If fear does not stick, we are pretty much dead as we will eat a full aerial combo and thats a wrap. Anyone else have any success using certain strats or input on the matter. I just don't like the idea of x class beats x class no matter what and there is very little room for outplay.

Comments

• Bambino_Bambino_
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,090
    edited October 19, 2016
    Well whats your definition of geared sin ? There are those with around 10-12k dps and 15k-17k HPs and some really monsters outthere with 14k+ dps and 20k+ HPs. I can survive a full aerial combo from the first one with my 41k manabuild and nuke them as they r wondering why I am still alive and often kill them too. Against the second sort well gg I guess..... they ll do 60k+ dmg with a combo after just sitting your blessing / ember+fangs combo out. There r two tricks I often use beside the blesing opener : 1. Trap them with curse after they use their counter CC on a bomb knockdown> rain+meteor combo for the total CC and kill. 2. Doulbe blink into their back > often give you the milisecond you need to pull out a fear/curse or a bomb as they have to get you into their crosshair/field of vision again.
    But again if we dont have a counter class pvp would be very boring right ? ;)
  • ScarebearScarebear
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 880
    edited October 19, 2016
    Bambino_
    Bambino_ said:

Why is a counter class needed? I also think skill(outplay) vs equally geared players should be the deciding factor.

The 15k hp sins that you can sometimes kill are undergeared compared to you :D

If you really liked the challange of counter classes, why re-roll from your priest? ;D

• Bambino_Bambino_
    edited October 20, 2016
    Scarebear
    Scarebear said:

Bambino_
    Bambino_ said:

Why is a counter class needed? I also think skill(outplay) vs equally geared players should be the deciding factor.

The 15k hp sins that you can sometimes kill are undergeared compared to you :D

If you really liked the challange of counter classes, why re-roll from your priest? ;D

Well if the dmg done r all equal to all classes (100%) then the wiz will rekt all other classes. There ll no room for outplay/skill with the dmg/cc in combination with the mobilitity a wiz has. The rock- cissor-paper thing is just a poor try from nexon to balance things. The situation will change when we level up to 50-60 I guess.
    And you r talking like you inspected me lately lol. Just because I do have one 27% and a 30% mana ring doesnt mean that I am well geared.
    Last why mage instead of my priest ? U r not in a guild with more priest than any other classes then ;)
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    edited October 20, 2016
    Yeah im talking around 15k dps sins with 20k hp :D Im around 35k mana myself with 22k hp and 4.6k dps unbuffed no pet. But all of that means nothing when you pvp a monster sin :D
  • Bambino_Bambino_
    edited October 22, 2016
    I am at 17k Hp and 3.9k dps unbuffed xD. @Crowfan01 What do you think about the new complex hunter set ? Kinda tempted to create one with half Profane Apo half Caspert with like +15 enchant on Armor for the extra phys. def. It does look good on paper.....
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    edited October 22, 2016
    For 20 seconds I can get to 4.5k p. def and also 19% pvp resistance with profane pet out. I still get melted by 15k DPS lol.
  • ReleRele
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,850
    edited October 23, 2016
    A sin doesn't need 15k dps to beat a geared wiz,
    almost any wiz will die in a 5hit moonlightedge,
    also it's different depending on if it's a duel or open pvp,
    in a duel a wiz got chances if the sin goes all in at the start, but if he stays further than curse range you're pretty much dead since edge hits faster than curse,
    in open pvp its even worse, kinda depends who sees the other first, a sin that jumps out of the sky will leave the wiz not even a chance to act,
    tho the fact that wizards do only 46 to 50% dmg to sins is also kinda stupid, even from sin sight of view, to see a full charged emberbomb barely critting 5k is stupid.
    Draconiya
  • CrowFan01CrowFan01
    edited October 23, 2016
    nah i never die to a 5hit moonlight edge. 20k hp and 35k mana with 4k defense is a pretty decent hurdle to overcome. I'm content that evenly geared wiz vs sin means sins will win just wish there was some room for outplay is all.