[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Wiz the only class who have cast time + wait time

NupaNupa
Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
edited October 21, 2016 in Wizard
Wiz the only class who have cast time + wait time ..

what i mean by this is : for example

Take lightning storm for example : it has cast time, and it works instantly as soon as it is finished casting
on the other hand, take our ice and fire AOE's that all have cast times, yet do not instantly fall on our enemies.

This makes it very hard to kite solo mobs as you have to be able to take hits, where as usually your skills once casted, should have their effects be counted on to protect you from being hit

so my question to someone such as @cuddlewings would be - why do wizards get .. short staffed when it comes to our class abilities? why do we have to have cast time of say 1.5 seconds, but still have to wait another .2-.3 or whatever it comes to, for the skill to activate?

This isn't even taking into consideration that when we cast these AOE's our character stops to cast, which further increases the danger that we have to be able to face.. in order to use our skills??.......

Last time i checked all classes that have a cast time, have the effects instantaneously occur ... doesn't seem right to me... thoughts?

Comments

• YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited November 23, 2016
    In many mmo AoE don't start immediately. Cast time can be reduced with gear (heroic gear set, crossbow, ring, shoulders, pets, passive skill).
    Pop out a pet with reduced cast time, cast your aoe then pop out the max dps pet and keep nuking.
  • JAFFJAFF
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,545
    edited December 7, 2016
    Let's see the Bezerker, Guardian and Assassin all have a skill for their crossbows. "Raining Bolts", works just like you say, has a charge time and then time for the arrows to arc up and rain back down. My only complaint would be the target will hear the weapon fire and start running towards you. Unless they are at the very back of the circle when fired most likely they will run out of the area before being hit.

Wiz's and Priest get the advantage of ranged attacks, us dps'ers are up close and personal type killers. Yes there are trade offs your class has to make, all classes do.
  • TheWizardTheWizard
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 910
    edited December 8, 2016
    Nupa
    Nupa said:

Wiz the only class who have cast time + wait time ..

what i mean by this is : for example

Take lightning storm for example : it has cast time, and it works instantly as soon as it is finished casting
    on the other hand, take our ice and fire AOE's that all have cast times, yet do not instantly fall on our enemies.

This makes it very hard to kite solo mobs as you have to be able to take hits, where as usually your skills once casted, should have their effects be counted on to protect you from being hit

so my question to someone such as @cuddlewings would be - why do wizards get .. short staffed when it comes to our class abilities? why do we have to have cast time of say 1.5 seconds, but still have to wait another .2-.3 or whatever it comes to, for the skill to activate?

This isn't even taking into consideration that when we cast these AOE's our character stops to cast, which further increases the danger that we have to be able to face.. in order to use our skills??.......

Last time i checked all classes that have a cast time, have the effects instantaneously occur ... doesn't seem right to me... thoughts?
    (1) Use "Thunderstorm" as a trap to get the Mobs to STOP. Then use the other AOEs to blow them UP.

(2) Use "Ice Fang" to kite and kill Mobs, use A&W or D&W in active mode to kite and kill. When you are more advanced then swap to "Flameburst" you will need -55%+ cast time to kite with it.

@Omnithreat :) I'm Back!