[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Impossible to quest alone lvl 22 zerk

kayleoskayleos
Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
edited October 22, 2016 in Berserker
Hey guys, I have been trying to quest to max level but it seems that I can't get there. I'm a level 22 zerk stuck at Sea of Hakanas at the elite mob quests. One of them is part of the main questline and the others are elite mobs that I have to kill. The quests are To The Bulwark, The Strongest Warrior, and Traitors. When I was fighting the fairy quest I couldn't kill lumitern and tried 10+ times before I killed her while simultaneously died (FINALLY). So I'm wondering if anyone else encountered this problem of being unable to fight elite mobs by themselves and what I should do to fix it because right now I'm stuck at level 22 and nothing helps I even bought a cursed greatsword and +10 it and made and bought a million pots

Comments

• SasaanSasaan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,055
    edited October 22, 2016
    Armor is tempered as well? Seals? And what server are you on? If you are on Kalas, I could help you with those.
  • StabbyMcKnifeguyStabbyMcKnifeguy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,090
    edited October 23, 2016
    Moving this discussion into the Berserker section. :)
  • KlixenKlixen
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,500
    edited October 23, 2016
    I've said it before and I'll say it again 'This game is one of the hardest games I've ever played!'.

I know the quests you're talking about, I struggled with them as well with my Guardian. That Baramoss (The Strongest Warrior) is a bastard!

What to advise you? You don't have the defense or shield of a Guardian, so how can you survive? I'm thinking you need to rely on overwhelming damage to keep yourself alive 'A good Offense is a good Defense'. Kill the enemy before he kills you! That type of thing.

But you'll also need a good health pool to soak up some of that damage.

So first off, I'd temper all my gear to at least +7. Then I'd get some seal stones. I wouldn't use Elites, I think that's a waste at this level (you'll be replacing your gear soon).

So you have a choice:

Common Wolves will increase your Physical Attack (level 20 wolves give a 49-51 Physical Attack boost). I used 6 Shadow Wolves on my Guardian.

Common Bears will increase your Health (level 1 Meadow Bear gives 11 -21 Health. I'm not sure how much it gives at higher level).

I'm not a Berserker, so I'm not sure which ones would be best for you. But I'm leaning towards the Bears for Health. Hopefully an experienced Berserker can give you better advice.

Best of luck.

• VroomVroom
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,125
    edited October 24, 2016
    Only advice,
    1. Keep up with your gear, tempering, etc.
    2. Get good seals... (cold tusks for low levels)
    3. Get good.
    4. Give up and get a priest to help.

Last but not least, you don't have to do all blue quests!

You aren't stuck, I believe in you.
    Mastas
  • AlleyanaaaAlleyanaaa
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 935
    edited October 25, 2016
    Yeah while this part of a game was hard for everyone i think you should get full carleon gear and temper it, then from there wait for another person to come along and try the boss and just jump in with them and you can still kill it.
  • kayleoskayleos
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited November 4, 2016
    I got help from a nice person. I'm on the haikan server and thanks everyone
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited November 7, 2016
    Klixen
    Klixen said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again 'This game is one of the hardest games I've ever played!'.

I know the quests you're talking about, I struggled with them as well with my Guardian. That Baramoss (The Strongest Warrior) is a bastard!

What to advise you? You don't have the defense or shield of a Guardian, so how can you survive? I'm thinking you need to rely on overwhelming damage to keep yourself alive 'A good Offense is a good Defense'. Kill the enemy before he kills you! That type of thing.

But you'll also need a good health pool to soak up some of that damage.

So first off, I'd temper all my gear to at least +7. Then I'd get some seal stones. I wouldn't use Elites, I think that's a waste at this level (you'll be replacing your gear soon).

So you have a choice:

Common Wolves will increase your Physical Attack (level 20 wolves give a 49-51 Physical Attack boost). I used 6 Shadow Wolves on my Guardian.

Common Bears will increase your Health (level 1 Meadow Bear gives 11 -21 Health. I'm not sure how much it gives at higher level).

I'm not a Berserker, so I'm not sure which ones would be best for you. But I'm leaning towards the Bears for Health. Hopefully an experienced Berserker can give you better advice.

Best of luck.

You didn't tempered correctly your gear, you didn't even filled with elites, then you say "this game is one of the harderst game I've ever played!"? You judge useless the two most important things to have in order to let your game experience be smoother.. :P

By the way depends on how ppl raise up their character.. I used to temper to +10 since I had the first heroic set and it was not that hard 'cause few runs in LLC and extraction and you had lot of tempering stones to reach easily even +12.. Tusk+Blue Wyrm was on all my gear. I never had problems to run even HC dungeons once the set was filled and tempered correctly. Could be challenging sometimes, very hard in other cases but in a dungeon it's understandable, outside it's very fast to kill mobs.

But ofc you need to know your class and spend time understanding game mechanics.. Sometimes you prefer mounted combat 'cause gives smoother experience.
    For those which rush in RoI, it's normal at certain point to get stucked..
    HoneychyldMastas
  • JAFFJAFF
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,545
    edited November 12, 2016
    Level 22 zerker, you have access to Gaurdians Pass even though you have not played that part of the game yet, it will come after SoH.

Once you can get to Kellwoods and have a flying mount then those ruby bloodwyrms are what you want to stack your seal slots with, both physical attack and physical crit rate boost.
    Trutans give Physical attack and defense stats, Al-Shai and Chakai give physical attack and physical crit boost

The higher that physical crit rate the easier things become. You will need Elite seal stones so get ready to do a bunch of LLC dungeon runs, end Golem usually nets an Elite seal stone when run on Heroic levels 3 and higher.

Farm Lava Light cave for Emberstone gear and sell off enough to get a set of Frozen Gear.

Best I can remember that was not a main quest so I shelved it and came back to it well after I was in Parna's Coast.
    Is that the quest of the main boss on rainbow reef?? Seems like the trick to dong that one when I didn't have such great stats was to lure the king into the main Orb to fight, seem like only one of his minions entered and I easily killed it then worked on the boss. Tried to kill him several times outside and failed miserably, on a side note don't fret later I was able to be back and repeatedly kill him while farming for a mark recipe.

• StarcrusherStarcrusher
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 945
    edited December 4, 2016
    A good mount is your best friend. I soloed my zerk all the way to 40 without seals and very few tempered weapons.