[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Taming new heroics in exarhan

LoraquinLoraquin
Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
edited October 25, 2016 in PVP
Was just wondering if you even need the extremely hard to get lv 40 pvp set to tame the new heroics? Went to fight abyss vyleth for fun with 2 friends, and it turns out surviving wasn't an issue at all with pve gear (and our gear suck) altho of course, we couldn't bring his health down at all. I kinda expect the other 2 to be easier, and I see quite a bit of people walking around with nm megantes seals, so my guess is you just have to bring down their health so you can tame them? and that's doable for the most part in pve gear? Thanks for the answer!

Comments

• IridescesaraIridescesara
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,940
    edited October 26, 2016
    Loraquin
    Loraquin said:

Was just wondering if you even need the extremely hard to get lv 40 pvp set to tame the new heroics? Went to fight abyss vyleth for fun with 2 friends, and it turns out surviving wasn't an issue at all with pve gear (and our gear suck) altho of course, we couldn't bring his health down at all. I kinda expect the other 2 to be easier, and I see quite a bit of people walking around with nm megantes seals, so my guess is you just have to bring down their health so you can tame them? and that's doable for the most part in pve gear? Thanks for the answer!
    I'm fairly certain you need the pvp set to tame the pvp heroics. I believe that's why there is no "Fail 10 times, get a guaranteed tame" achievement for them.

• MlBMlB
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,665
    edited October 26, 2016
    Iridescesara

Loraquin
    Loraquin said:

I'm fairly certain you need the pvp set to tame the pvp heroics. I believe that's why there is no "Fail 10 times, get a guaranteed tame" achievement for them.

PvP set is for Nightmare (Modest) and Profane Apoc (Austere) the Complex set is NOT required to tame anything. When you go near the pt2 heroics (Megantes, Vylet, Plyudd), you will notice a massive debuff called Aura of Weakness- the Complex set resists that debuff but it is NOT a taming requirement.

But yeah, there is no fail 10x fated mark for them because they don't use marks.

For Vylet, Megantes, and Plyudd, you must farm their adds (the young versions) for mats like Plyudd Tail/Flame, Vylet bone/claw and Megantes scale/horn. They also drop the recipes for jewelry- two different rings (cursed and dark ring) and a necklace. Equipping these jewelries is the real requirement to tame- you do NOT need the Complex armor. As you can see a buff on your tab when wearing full Austere/Modest that says Nightmare/Profane can be tamed, you will get the buff for the respective pt.2 heroic when wearing all the jewelry.

Also, Plyudd is the easiest heroic to get down imo. Vylet is air (still tankier) Garme and Megantes is 5x tankier than Garme. These guys have ridiculous HP. My guild once brought 3 raids to Vylet and we spent 30 minutes getting him to tamable (15% ish)...
    LoraquinIridescesaraSasaan1pwnyAlleyanaaaDragonEnchantressneMes1s
  • LoraquinLoraquin
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited October 27, 2016
    wow ok, thank you very much for the information, appreciate it alot, that is exactly what I was looking for
  • WforWizardWforWizard
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 995
    edited January 21, 2017
    By the way, Abyssal Vylet resets after failing. Try to use anything that boosts your taming chance before attempting to tame it.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,235
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited January 22, 2017
    Necro-bumping is not permitted on these forums by the Code of Honor. If you wish to create a new discussion you are welcome to do so at any time. Thank you for your understanding, Rider.
This discussion has been closed.