[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Ranger is the best

TyDvSTyDvS
Riders of Icarus Rep: 810
edited December 21, 2016 in Ranger
The ranger seems to me very good personage although it seems that raises something faster than the rest of personages.

But if it is true that based on my experience is more op the guardian than the ranger.

Maybe this is just because they are the characters that I like.

But I would recommend the players to try the ranger, and even the rest of the characters to have an opinion about all of them.
XuanTheKiller

Comments

• XuanTheKillerXuanTheKiller
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 420
    edited January 6, 2017
    I don't know if the ranger role is the best, (it's my first and only character), but I do know that it is very fun to play with because it is a very dynamic role; you have to combine powerful ranged attacks with bursts of close combat. It's a very immersing experience.
  • Wingmaster870Wingmaster870
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,605
    edited January 12, 2017
    Interesting Xuan. I have played ranger for many many years in other MMO's and have never been a fan of the close combat with them. I have leveled my ranger to 50 and very rarely do I use close combat. I just don't get the dps with it. It could be because I basically built mine as a "zerker"...glass cannon. I do have some toughness but can be "squishy" against some more powerful opponents. At a distance though...the damage she puts out is awesome. I soloed Garme to tame him the other night...was alot of fun.
  • EntrenchedsoulEntrenchedsoul
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,030
    edited March 9, 2017
    yeah people have different playing styles obviously.. 'glass cannon' players who purposely unbalance their stats to optimize damage.. Its obvious why you would hate close combat especially against a physical attack opponent. some don't care much for disrupting the balance in stats so they can handle close and long range combat without constantly needing to dodge or move.

to each their own in this case.
  • EntrenchedsoulEntrenchedsoul
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,030
    edited March 9, 2017
    never understood why people want to run away or dodge away constantly in battle... :s