[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Year End Sale Event - Feedback and suggestions

Menegroth_SusejMenegroth_Susej
Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,560
edited December 27, 2016 in Suggestions and Feedback
About the newest event: http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/20088/year-end-sale-event

First I wanted to say that I really appreciate the idea behind this. Giving old and new players the chance to acquire items they didn't before for whatever reason is a great idea. Specially the outfits since we have very few options in that department.

When I saw the post, I was really excited. I thought that some of our feedback would be taken into account and some mounts would be sold separetedly, not inside those horrid unlucky boxes. Unfortunately, that was not the case. We got just the Black Friday Box back, which doesn't help me and others much.

So here's my idea: how about selling a version of those unique mounts that are untradeable even when sealed and can only be purchased once? That way people that will never buy an unlucky box like me, can buy a Mecha Calypto, a Laiku Rider etc. Even if sold at the normal 14,900 NX single mount price, I guarantee I and a lot of other players will purchase them. Unlike some, I just want some mounts and pets for their looks. Of course stats are important and I'll favor mounts and pets that benefit my ranger but that didn't stop me from buying the Agnas Rider. Which is fast and awesome but not suited for mounted combat.

Something similar could be said abou the Inferno Fox, in my case. I didn't much care for it's looks and stats at first. But since it was not in an unlucky box, I purchased it just to show my support. Of course, the package was really filled with good stuff and that's a huge plus.

So that's it. It's the end of the year, so let us have the chance to get one of our favorite mounts that were trapped inside unlucky boxes. It could even be an event similar to how Black Friday worked. One, two or even three unique mounts, untradeable and purchaseable only once, would go on sale for a day untill the end of the year for 14,900 NX. That way everyone starts the new year happier with their favorite mounts and Nexon with money.
HyuliaDuanaKesstrylArynRipleyCreamGrizzlyUKNeora

Comments

• KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,775
    edited December 28, 2016
    Agreed, I don't know why they love the lucky boxes so much. They would sell more if they provided the pets at a normal pet price and let people buy what they want. I will never buy a lucky box for a chance at something. I'm not a gambler. I will buy only what I can have right away that is my choice.
    Menegroth_SusejDuanaNeoraGrizzlyUKYllmathir
  • Ky11Ky11
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 545
    edited December 28, 2016
    I am the same, I tried to open the Lucky Boxes twice, but it's just a waste so I will NEVER buy them again
    I hate that there's always something else paired up in this things.
    and the serious lack of costumes is the biggest issue
    I myself would consider spending some more money sometimes
    but now I regret buying the NX because the things you get are not worth it and the costumes are a joke
    I mean you can't take the Beautyideal of another land and force it in here, it just won't work
    ArynRipleyGrizzlyUK
  • Menegroth_SusejMenegroth_Susej
    edited December 28, 2016
    Kesstryl
    Kesstryl said:

Agreed, I don't know why they love the lucky boxes so much. They would sell more if they provided the pets at a normal pet price and let people buy what they want. I will never buy a lucky box for a chance at something. I'm not a gambler. I will buy only what I can have right away that is my choice.
    Precisely. Japan and some other countries have laws that obligate gaming companies to disclose the exact chances you have for each item in those unlucky boxes. Making the chances known is a good step to prevent shady tactics behind the boxes "random" number generator algorithm. If we don't know that math behind it, they could skew the numbers any way they want. And if the chances at getting the good stuff are too low, no one will buy them. That way even gamblers have it fair because they know exactly what they're getting into.

And I'm guessing their december unlucky box sale was a failure. In my server, I've seem 2 people with Frostbite Foxes and one with a Plush hameon. And only a single frost fox and plush hameon were on sale at the broker as of yesterday. So either almost no one got them or few people bought the boxes. When you add the fact that they came up with a huge discount on the boxes and, unlike other events where they did the same, were not limited to one purchase only, it makes the suspicion stronger.

So yeah, please Nexon let us normal people at least have a chance to give you money in exchange for the mounts we want.

@Cuddlewings and @Cream , could this be forwarded, please?
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,310
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited December 28, 2016
    I will forward this post, Rider! Thank you for the time invested here and happy new years!!!
    Menegroth_SusejNXACuddles
  • SkyFullOfBlueSkyFullOfBlue
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 680
    edited December 28, 2016
    I don't like lucky boxes either. We should be able to just get the item we want instead of gambling for it.
    Menegroth_SusejNeora
  • DuanaDuana
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,920
    edited December 28, 2016
    I strongly agree with this; I am a collector and will purchase familiars at a set price (14,900NX, etc), but not if they're in expensive, giant packs, or if they're in lucky boxes. I can only spend so much NX, and I don't want to waste it on things I don't want, nor need.

I do still like the *idea* of Lucky Boxes, however; they can still give people a chance at more expensive things if they can't afford the familiars themselves.
    I'm sure there are ways to satisfy both consumer bases by creating a happy medium; keep the Lucky Boxes, but allow certain familiars to be purchased alongside them as bound mounts.
    Menegroth_SusejNeora
    edited December 29, 2016
    Duana
    Duana said:

I strongly agree with this; I am a collector and will purchase familiars at a set price (14,900NX, etc), but not if they're in expensive, giant packs, or if they're in lucky boxes. I can only spend so much NX, and I don't want to waste it on things I don't want, nor need.

I do still like the *idea* of Lucky Boxes, however; they can still give people a chance at more expensive things if they can't afford the familiars themselves.
    I'm sure there are ways to satisfy both consumer bases by creating a happy medium; keep the Lucky Boxes, but allow certain familiars to be purchased alongside them as bound mounts.
    The only way I'd be ok with unlucky boxes was if the percentages of every item contained in them appearing were public. That way we'd all be sure that there's no shady algorithms behind them, as the community would then be able to confirm the percentages by purchasing some boxes and doing some simple math. If that was the case, they couldn't make the chances of getting the good stuff too low or no one would purchase the boxes. Making the percentages known is the only way to make this truly fair for the players.

But like you said, I just want a middle ground. For example, once or twice a year they could offer all those unique mounts between June 26th and July 1st for the middle of the year and Dec 26th and Jan 1st. Maybe 2, 3 or even 4 unique mounts, untradeable even when sealed and purchaseable only once, could be offered per day to those that don't want to gamble and would still spend their hard earned money to have them as mounts or pets.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,125
    edited December 29, 2016
    I got a little hopeful when I saw the News Blog for the "Year End Sale Event" and spotted the Familiar Boxes, thought I might get one of each box for each of my 4 characters, then I noticed the "Limit one per Nexon account" part! Why does Nexon keep pulling this nonsense? Players would buy more NX if they were allowed to buy these packs for each character! Nexon really should replace that insanely stupid "One per account" with "One per character", I suspect that would actually generate much more sales! I simply don't understand why Nexon are so willing to hamper their own efforts at generating any sort of income from RoI, if Nexon don't want players to spend real money on this game then they should have just locked character creation at One Character per Account, because Nexon are doing nothing to encourage or support players having multiple characters!

This "One purchase per account" rubbish will only serve to drive players AWAY from RoI, players will simply move on to other MMO's that Nexon aren't involved with!
    Menegroth_Susej
    edited December 29, 2016
    GrizzlyUK
    GrizzlyUK said:

I got a little hopeful when I saw the News Blog for the "Year End Sale Event" and spotted the Familiar Boxes, thought I might get one of each box for each of my 4 characters, then I noticed the "Limit one per Nexon account" part! Why does Nexon keep pulling this nonsense? Players would buy more NX if they were allowed to buy these packs for each character! Nexon really should replace that insanely stupid "One per account" with "One per character", I suspect that would actually generate much more sales! I simply don't understand why Nexon are so willing to hamper their own efforts at generating any sort of income from RoI, if Nexon don't want players to spend real money on this game then they should have just locked character creation at One Character per Account, because Nexon are doing nothing to encourage or support players having multiple characters!

This "One purchase per account" rubbish will only server to drive players AWAY from RoI, players will simply move on to other MMO's that Nexon aren't involved with!
    I don't understand the reasoning behind the "one purchase per account" either. What downside is there for them in making it possible for us to spend more money so our alts also have nice mounts, pets and costumes? It makes absolutely no sense to me.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited January 1, 2017
    Menegroth_Susej

GrizzlyUK
    GrizzlyUK said:

This "One purchase per account" rubbish will only server to drive players AWAY from RoI, players will simply move on to other MMO's that Nexon aren't involved with!
    I don't understand the reasoning behind the "one purchase per account" either. What downside is there for them in making it possible for us to spend more money so our alts also have nice mounts, pets and costumes? It makes absolutely no sense to me.
    I can understand that Nexon don't want players "collecting" familiars simply by purchasing multiple packs and boxes that contain random familiars, which is why I (and others) have previously suggested that Nexon change that "One Purchase per Account" into "One Purchase per Character". That way players can purchase a pack or box for each of their characters and Nexon can still maintain that restriction of players not being able to purchase as many packs and boxes as their finances will allow. This would be much more preferable than forcing players to decide which, if any, of their characters they will purchase that pack or box for. Some players will just not bother to purchase these "One Purchase per Account" restricted items. Some players may, as I've said before, decide they've had enough of this "One Purchase per Account" restriction on in-game shop items and choose to quit RoI in favour of another MMO. Some players will simply pick one of their characters and purchase the one pack or box for that character. No matter which option any player chooses to follow, Nexon are simply losing out on potential sales!

If players can understand that this is a problem, why can't anyone at Nexon understand this?
    Menegroth_Susej
  • Ky11Ky11
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 545
    edited December 31, 2016
    It was sheer luck I opened it with my (still) Main Character as I didn't even realize/see the "Once per Account"
    I was wondering the whole time why I couldn't buy another with my other favorite the new Ranger
    and now I had time to come look in the forum just to think what the hell?

WHY???

WHY would you do this??
    Menegroth_SusejGrizzlyUK
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited December 31, 2016
    Same reason why I didn't bought mounts with my main which was a priest till level 35. Now I'm using my wiz most of the time that it could be easily called my new main character. What if I'd bought the mount with priest? I'd be cut off with my wiz.
    Personally if a company put such restrictions like "once per account" should also share the contents you buy with all the characters in the account. In this way you still buy one pack but at least you share it and enjoy it with your characters. Every company which allow it have always huge sales.
    Even Designer Bags.. almost 10€ each.. If i've to buy 4x bags for each character (4 char now) I'd spend 160€ which allow me to buy something really fashion in real. Let us buy those things and share with all characters instead.

Same for mounts or whatever we buy. Let those lucky boxes die 'cause are a waste of money which players dislike specially when you spend lot of money for getting nothing. Money is real, a dollar still worth a dollar not randomly a cent or 50 cents.
    Menegroth_SusejGrizzlyUK
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited January 2, 2017
    Ky11
    Ky11 said:

It was sheer luck I opened it with my (still) Main Character as I didn't even realize/see the "Once per Account"
    I was wondering the whole time why I couldn't buy another with my other favorite the new Ranger
    and now I had time to come look in the forum just to think what the hell?

WHY???

WHY would you do this??
    Sadly there is no in-game warning about that "Once per Account" restriction, so anyone who didn't read the news article wouldn't have known until they attempted to purchase a second one, at which point you'd just get that "You can't purchase that again just yet" message, which is confusing because it implies you might be able to purchase it again sometime!
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,945
    Administrator
    edited January 6, 2017
    I can definitely see your points on wanting to obtain shop mounts outside Lucky Boxes. Essentially we try to make directly purchasable mounts/familiar available once a month. I'll be sure to forward this concern regarding the purchase restrictions per account to the ROI Team for consideration as well. :-)
    Menegroth_Susej