[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Ranger Suggestion/Feedback/Bugs

biggheadbigghead
Riders of Icarus Rep: 700
edited March 3, 2017 in Ranger
If you have had any issues with the new class or any recommendations/suggestions/feedback post them here.

So far throughout the topics I've seen:

-Removing/hotkey option for the "A" and "D" strafing ability for stances.
-Removing Sharp Shot from the double tap "W" key.
-Making Backflip an active skill so we can bind it to a key.
-Giving Rangers an aggro drop ability.
-Let Ranger's heals affect pets.

If anyone has any others issues or concerns list them below and I will add them to the list.
nythrex

Comments

• Wingmaster870Wingmaster870
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,605
    edited January 12, 2017
    I have a couple of suggestions for the ranger. First, I've noticed that if I am kiting a melee enemy trying to stay at a distance they still hit me. Example, the Master Thief Rabbini is an assassin that uses a dagger but he can still hit me from a distance of 10-15 m, that's a long dagger. If rangers are "ranged" then we shouldn't be hit at range with a melee weapon. Second, we should be able to stand on a rock or cliff and shot enemies on the ground. We use projectiles that's meant for that. I'm not saying from great distances but maybe 25-30 meters above the enemy. I know some may feel that this is an unfair advantage but it's what rangers do. Third, is there some way we can bind our mounted special action to a specific keyboard key? For instance, the Crossbow Attack..the 3rd, 4th, and 5th hit. It already may be there but I haven't been able to find it. Thanks for asking for suggestions.
  • LegendaryDanLegendaryDan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 340
    edited February 14, 2017
    Key binds for Vambrace and Bow stances need to be able to reassign these off the A and D that's a super annoying and is driving me crazy. Second the Sharp Arrow double tap W is also a super annoyance. Nothing worse than trying to kite and you stop to cast sharp arrow and then get killed or hit when fighting a boss. You can already assign these skills to action keys that do not need to interfer with directions. Also the backflip needs to be able to be used with Shift+S just like every other action game and an Option to Flip left or right only makes sense as well. Moving forward when using the CC escape ability doesn't make sense either you should move backwards or whatever direction you are moving instead. We do not want to move toward the enemy most of the time. Also some of the Talents do not work correctly. For example the skill that gives +20 power to Chaos Arrow only applies to the first hit when there are 4 hits in the combo.
    nythrex
  • drgeekdrgeek
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
    edited February 23, 2017
    Ranger should have a poisonus and a aoe attack too. Both of these are there at mount attacks.

- rain of arrows
    - poison attack

I hope you add these kind of skills too.
  • XenKai1XenKai1
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 645
    edited March 3, 2017
    - I approve of the removal of stance changes via double tapping A or D.. as well as the removal of Sharp Arrow from double tapping W. I don't see Guardians changing their "stance" the same way.

- I would also like to have Backflip changed from a Passive skill to an Active skill, so we can add it to a keybinding of our liking.

- Another suggestion I have is that the Volatile Traps with the healing talent (Whispers of Chaos) be able to heal Familiars.
  • biggheadbigghead
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 700
    edited March 3, 2017
    These are looking good, keep it up.
  • EntrenchedsoulEntrenchedsoul
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,030
    edited March 8, 2017
    i agree with suggested changes except for backflip like assassin backflip is proper double tap 'S' is the easiest way and the best way without using up slots on hotkey menu
  • EntrenchedsoulEntrenchedsoul
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,030
    edited March 8, 2017
    maybe make backflip passive double tap 'S' and active for those who wish to bind it to another key win win (maybe do the same for assassin)