[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Get wizard better

NaimasterNaimaster
Riders of Icarus Rep: 440
edited January 11, 2017 in Wizard
Hope I post this in the right section now otherwise I apologize.

It's no secret that my Wizard is weak, I am pretty open about that and I am completely green on stats in this game. Right now I got just Karasha helm, rest of my outfit is a mix between Hermit and Frost Arcane Robe where the Robe has the only seals of Ruby Bloodwyrm and one of those health stones I never remember the name of. In other words, I think my gear suck. :p

Now I am wondering, after reading different opinions, what is the best gear to have on a wizard? What is the best seals on the gear if I want to increase Magic Crit Dmg and/or Magic Attack? Also, what is the best heroic pet you would recommend? :)

Comments

• RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited January 11, 2017
    learn to play your class right!
    Wizards arent bad its the opposite they are one of the best DDs ingame.
    So get your gear straight and get heroic familiars for seals and you will see ;)
    There is a 2 guides pinned in this section and maybe more on other pages just read them.
  • NaimasterNaimaster
    edited January 12, 2017
    Runi
    Runi said:

learn to play your class right!
    Wizards arent bad its the opposite they are one of the best DDs ingame.
    So get your gear straight and get heroic familiars for seals and you will see ;)
    There is a 2 guides pinned in this section and maybe more on other pages just read them.
    There's a difference in playing the class right and being green on the gear. I never said the wizard character sucks otherwise I would never have chosen it, I said my gear do. ;)

And since I also wrote that I have read different opinions on this matter I kind of wanted to see what the majority thinks is best, one thing I do know is that many use Void Kargyle as seal but some say to get Karasha gear, others Frost, others Supreme commander, others Ruinous... see my dilemma here?!

• RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited January 12, 2017
    These are the steps: latest hero gear (atm Tyrant) -> legendary gear (weapon, accessoirs, crossbow lance) ruinous -> best gear ingame atm Karasha (armor, weapon, accessoirs). That should be the way to go. the latest hero gear could be expensive but so could be the supreme because noone is going breach anymore.

For seals its venomous caspert -> void kargyle -> poyo if you want one for +magic attack.
    Longhorn bajarn is the first heroic mount with magic crit rate, so if you are missing alot then get 2-3 of those aswell -> better is calypto (legendary seal) which has crit rate and crit damage.

and sry i read "wizard is weak" and just though *facepalm*. So i am sorry for misreading that ;)
  • NaimasterNaimaster
    edited January 13, 2017
    Runi
    Runi said:

These are the steps: latest hero gear (atm Tyrant) -> legendary gear (weapon, accessoirs, crossbow lance) ruinous -> best gear ingame atm Karasha (armor, weapon, accessoirs). That should be the way to go. the latest hero gear could be expensive but so could be the supreme because noone is going breach anymore.

For seals its venomous caspert -> void kargyle -> poyo if you want one for +magic attack.
    Longhorn bajarn is the first heroic mount with magic crit rate, so if you are missing alot then get 2-3 of those aswell -> better is calypto (legendary seal) which has crit rate and crit damage.

and sry i read "wizard is weak" and just though *facepalm*. So i am sorry for misreading that ;)
    Thank you so much for this info, you just provided me with a deeper understanding of this.

I have the supreme commander staff in my storage but that's about it. I have thought about getting the whole set but became unsure when I read all different opinions and as you mentioned the gear is expensive therefor it may take some time if I were to get it, although I have found that the Hermit (heroic) outfit I right now have has higher stats then the Supreme.

I am however very keen on getting the entire karasha set but that's even more expensive and will take even longer time. :)

And no worries, everyone can read wrong at times. ;)