[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Ellora spire wizards' tactics

emerdeix123emerdeix123
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,295
edited February 6, 2017 in Wizard
Hi fellow wizards, mages, witches and casters! I'm curious about the tactics in ellora spire to reach as high as possible. Mine is as follows :
As long as there are the first 14 floors I just get upclose to the boss, cast a frozen blessing and start bathing it in aoes. Once the aoes are finished, I use bombs if the boss is still alive, and after a point where the bosses are more resistant, I kite with bombs but try to use the frozen blessing + aoes upclose tactic as often as possible. On the 15th floor radan is a bit harder due to adds, but doable if you switch wisely between manashield, frozen blessing and kiting. Jayce on the 16th floor is easier than radan, just get upclose with frozen blessing and start aoes, then kite and repeat everything when cd on frozen resets. I managed to get to 17th floor and beat the boss to 3/4 hp due to no time. I would do it but I had a dc on the 10th floor and wasted 2 precious minutes for relog. Well, now it's your turn. Strategies and how far you reached please ;)

Edit: with a bit better seals and staff at +18 I killed Gustav (18) and had 40 sec time when started LeBrand (19).

Edit 2: with a bit of luck I got to LeBrand and took 50% of his hp, beating my record of 204k points, still having staff at +18. Now it's +20 and I'm curious how the tower will look like now.

Comments

• WforWizardWforWizard
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 995
    edited January 29, 2017
    I was able to kill the Bulter in 19th floor in my last try. Jeranin in 20th floor seems to be much easier than Bulter. Maybe if I try harder, I might be able to complete stage 20, too. But I think I need to upgrade my staff to +20 for more dps but I am not gonna pay money to this game :^)
  • emerdeix123emerdeix123
    edited January 29, 2017
    WforWizard wrote: »
    I was able to kill the Bulter in 19th floor in my last try. Jeranin in 20th floor seems to be much easier than Bulter. Maybe if I try harder, I might be able to complete stage 20, too. But I think I need to upgrade my staff to +20 for more dps but I am not gonna pay money to this game :^)

Well I didn't pay any money for that game, still I have my staff at +16 and 4 parts of set to +15. I have 2 slots in my hat, so it doesn't pay to upgrade it. I'm waiting for 3 slots in hat, then it will be upgraded (if the reroll is necessary)
  • PeonlicousPeonlicous
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 350
    edited February 3, 2017
    Is there any trick at Floor 16 with Jayce? i cant see a way to dodge his damn avalance attack, I am getting knocked down so often, it costs me alot of pots and time... which I miss to finish floor 17
  • emerdeix123emerdeix123
    edited February 3, 2017
    Yes, jayce uses avalanche if you get to far, meaning you have to either make a close range kiting (be at the distance where he won't hit you in melee but won't use avalanche.) or just kill him with brute force literally staying in his face and casting aoes under your feet. This way if you set camera in a good place, you can cast aoes faster due to no point and click action. You ask me how to stand in his face like a tank? Try to enter with full mana and hp and build your shadow spark from floors below. This will regenerate you. And first you facetank jayce with mana shield, then when it crashes you cast frozen blessing which gives you Def of a really good tank for 7 seconds. It's enough to cast firestorm + linked inferno meteor under your feet, if you're lucky you can also quickly cast hailstorm + linked glacial meteor. Then after the frozen blessing you have to use hp potion and try to survive 2-3 melee hits with hp, then quickly change to manashield and drink mana potion. This will buy you time before next frozen blessing + aoes combination, in the meantime you can use your ember bomb with barrage and ice bomb with barrage, but remember to be fully on shadow spark and don't cast light based skills (lightblast, thunderstorm, fire shift, light explosion) because your shadow spark regeneration will pop like a balloon. That's all I think.
  • PeonlicousPeonlicous
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 350
    edited February 6, 2017
    idk he still uses it even if i am under 10 feet away from him, seems like only if i facetank he wont use it, at least i finally passed 17. But the fight in 16 still eats alot of my potions