[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

PVP FAMILIAR Tutorial + Familiars Problems

HydraZeroHydraZero
Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
edited January 30, 2017 in PVP
Hello everyone! Wassup o/ I'M Irhia from Kalas! Please make yourself at home!
Well i've seen this after taming Pyludd, and i know that someone has realized that before me, and i'll not be the last to think about this "thing", let's get to the point:
We have this ultra hardcore badass guys in badlands (Pyludd, Megantes and Vylet) and the steps you will need to tame them is not a mystery anymore. But let's get some details about it:

*First step you will need TIME, to farm the little mobs that follows their "mother", they have the chance to drop the minor materials, the recipe for the jelwery set(cursed ring, ring of darkness and crimson necklace) or even the complete ring or pendant. One friend told me that he spent 6 hours just farming all the materials for Vylet.
*Second step is the craft part, you will need the modest jewel set (pvp lv30) then upgrade it to the austere set(pvp lv35) and finally the final jewel.
*Third step and the hardest part, find some guys that are ready to spank their skills like there is no tomorrow for about 1 hour long to make them tamable. More People=Less time.
OBS: There is a chance of respawning a non tamable version of the heroics, i've never killed one so i do not know if they drop something.

***You will need 40 Exarium Powder for every 3 itens (120 powder for the complete set of each heroic familiar) wich means 800 Exarium Ore, 400 Amethyst Ore, 200 Gold Ore (if you are taming them, be sure to write it) 24 "secondary" itens for the rings (tail,horn and bone) and 20 "primary" itens for the necklace (flame,shell and claw).

For the ingredients, the total price for EACH 3 JEWELS (2 rings, 1 necklace):
600 basic solvent for 40 exarium powder = 2g 4s
36 simple jewelry kit for 2 modest hunter rings = 1g 11s 60c (SAME VALUE FOR MODEST NECKLACE) 1 chaos essence, 2 chaos fragment for rings and necklace
70 cheap carving tool for each austere ring = 2g 17s (SAME VALUE FOR AUSTERE NECKLACE) 2 chaos essence, 4 chaos fragment for rings and necklace + the modest jewel set
Specific Beast Necklace: Austere Necklace + specific materialx20 + 136 average carving tool (11g 69s 60c)+18 chaos fragment+6 chaos essence
Specific Beast Ring of Darkness/Cursed Ring: Austere Ring+specific material x12+67 average carving tool(you will need 134 for the 2 rings, so =11g 9s 70c)+12 chaos fragment, 4 chaos essence
***The rings have fixed bonuses (10% Max HP for ring of darkness and 473 for cursed ring) the necklace too (27 all stats) and 2 random effects. So we have a HUGE CHANCE of creating(in my case) a full magical attack necklace for a guardian. In the end there will be a huge possibility of you making an item that you will throw away without thinking twice.
But there is a chance that you can create a really powerful item (like my 19% physical attack megantes necklace). All the sets gives different bonuses: Pyludd's Set - (9% PvP Attack, 4% PvP Defense) Megantes's Set- (16% PvP Resistance, 6% PvP Attack) Vylet's Set - (6% PvP Defense, 10% PvP Resistance) But in the end, you will find a cheaper and better jewel set, so all your hard work will go to trash.

Now for the inconsistency and general problem about familiars:
**Each one of them will take at least 30min to become tamable (depends on the size of your team) What is the point of creating a familiar that have the HP of a world boss or a dungeon boss? WHY??? It is encouraging me to make friends right? NO! Because it's better for me and for you to farm your frost keep than spend 1 hour taming a monster that will give nothing more than a tittle and acheivement score.
**Tame them can be suicide, their zones are not safe. Besides the debuff aura from the heroic familiars, nothing more can stop your enemies.
**They give non sense sealed bonus (pyludd gives magical attack, megantes physical attack and vylet HP)

"But Irhia, they have awesome skill set and passives right? The time that i have spent will be compensated!!!"
Now we have maybe the biggest inconsistency about familiars: The Skillset
You were hoping to get awesome monster to fight by your side right? Yeah i was hoping that this was real, but no :(
You farmed for +- 6 hours to complete your Pyludd set and 1 hour to tame him? TOOOOOO BAAAD!!! Because he have THE SAME SKILLSET, BASE DAMAGE AND EFFECTS THAT LEORID DOES!! Oh, i forgot, he does not have the attack speed buff, so you have farmed for hours to get a COMPLETLY USELESS LIGER!
Their passives are pretty cool in my opinion. Pyludd gives overall defense, pvp resistance and critical defense. Megantes gives critical defense pvp attack and overall critical rate. Vylet gives hp, pvp defense and critical defense. But is this all you were expecting? Just a monster to follow you and upgrade some of your stats? What about their skills and how they should be cool and useful, but in the end, they mean nothing! Vylet has the same skill set than Bonethorpe. Megantes lost the megantes's roar, but the rest is the same.
What is the point of putting skills that are useless? Why sould i use Pyludd for damage, with him causing 1100 damage in a common lv10 monster? It is better to remove them right?Like they did with Dark Lyrudis, removing everything and adding a move speed buff.
In the momment, Paragas is my favorite , but they just have their passive and nothing else. What is the point of putting a melee flame breath in a dragon???? And what about that damage? It tickles more than hurts.
I know, there is not a perfect game, but think about, putting a real skillset in familiars will improve the fun part so much!! I know i'm right! Or you are gonna say that you waited sooooo long to tame Traes and he can't even spit fire?? A legendary badass dragon that you can mount, can't even spit fire??? What about Tolus??? A thunder dragon that does not have anything to do with thunder...
Well this is my opinion about it. This game offers you to tame dragons. I'm not the only one who always dreamed about taming his own dragon. To burn everyone in my way. To feel powerful. But they gives nothing more than a buff. Every familiar you have can be changed to a seal or a commom buff, because this is what they really are created, and this is TOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAD!!!!!

Comments

• ReleRele
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,850
    edited January 30, 2017
    Not shure if Tutorial or trying to scare ppl away from them >_>,
    ppl tame them because of reasons, not because of buffs/seals.....,

you might reduce the time needed, you might need 30 min alone (that i don't mean tank or priest should be clear), a party with tank, dps and supp already only 15min.^^
    and i think you missed that they have a good chance to respawn as untameable version.^
    HydraZero wrote: »
    I know, there is not a perfect game, but think about, putting a real skillset in familiars will improve the fun part so much!!
    This part somehow calls for Dragon's Prophet Familiars here,
    they could actually fight.
    But Nexon makes way to much with shop boxes, that contain familiars for this to ever happen.
    HydraZero
  • HydraZeroHydraZero
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    edited January 30, 2017
    If they have their reasons to tame them, they will not care if i recommend or not. They will just get the extra info and begin their "mission".
    But thanks for the comment, i've forgot the untamable version!
  • WforWizardWforWizard
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 995
    edited January 31, 2017
    I tamed them for Pokemons <.<
  • KnyomaoKnyomao
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,210
    edited February 27, 2017
    Does any1 know how exactly you tame Finion? I have the 5 pieces but when i got to him it said i need to look at Bestiary, i did and apparently ask me a "mark" too from WB?
    Any1 can confirm this??
    If this is true im pretty upset..I spent so much time alone farming coins for the enigma boxes and finally have the 5 pieces for set(so many non-set drops tho :-{ )
    And now i need to do a WB, that pretty much requires 10+ people well geared ....
    I really hope i can get the "mark" somehow else .
  • MlBMlB
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,665
    edited February 28, 2017
    Knyomao wrote: »
    Does any1 know how exactly you tame Finion? I have the 5 pieces but when i got to him it said i need to look at Bestiary, i did and apparently ask me a "mark" too from WB?
    Any1 can confirm this??
    If this is true im pretty upset..I spent so much time alone farming coins for the enigma boxes and finally have the 5 pieces for set(so many non-set drops tho :-{ )
    And now i need to do a WB, that pretty much requires 10+ people well geared ....

Drop his HP while you have the set. You don't actually need a mark, just get the HP to around 80%, and alongside that it must be Tamable Finion, since there is an untamable version that can spawn.
  • KnyomaoKnyomao
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,210
    edited February 28, 2017
    MlB wrote: »
    Any1 can confirm this??

Drop his HP while you have the set. You don't actually need a mark, just get the HP to around 80%, and alongside that it must be Tamable Finion, since there is an untamable version that can spawn.

Do you know if is same for Calypos..i have 1 piece from the 50 set ....so if is same and does no need mark i will keep farming for them.
  • MlBMlB
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,665
    edited March 2, 2017
    MlB wrote: »
    Any1 can confirm this??

Do you know if is same for Calypos..i have 1 piece from the 50 set ....so if is same and does no need mark i will keep farming for them.

I believe so. I have a 100% confirmation on Finion but I have not yet tested Calypos. But I'm about 80% sure its the same.

Edit: Confirmation acquired. Me and guildie were both able to tame Calypos with no mark.