[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Magical Attack vs Critical Damage

drgeekdrgeek
Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
edited February 20, 2017 in Ranger
I wonder the rate between attack / critical damage ! I focus on critical so I wish to use critical damage seal stones but i dont know the relation of dps - critical damage relation !
I mean what will the difference be for 6K dps / 3K cdmg && 4K dps / 4.5K cdmg ?

What should the rate be for them ? 1/3 ? 1/4 ? or...

Comments

• EntrenchedsoulEntrenchedsoul
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,030
    edited March 8, 2017
    I don't think the game calculates DPS with critical rate in mind so in order to understand the relation you would have to go DPS to Base Attack/Damage. so you hopping on one leg while trying to juggle in chainsaws isn't how I would try to understand the games mechanics.

this of course is what I know about the game so far. however I could be wrong.. if I am wrong then you have to understand averaging taking the mid point between regular damage and critical damage meaning the relation you are looking for wont be clear grade 4 math.

also if your looking at only one or two hits as your critical damage reading. some of your attacks naturally do more or less then 100% damage. i believe the max DPS will only calculate 100% hits over 1 second. would have to consult the brains behind the calculations to be sure.