[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fail ratio on Exalted gear Crafting

Slayer87Slayer87
Riders of Icarus Rep: 395
edited May 14 in Crafting
it's too much high..i crafted my armor 8 times and still failed,many people are leaving the game for this matter,please do something
daeniZuNamitacobrown

Comments

• daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,700
    edited May 14
    Too true. This issue has been at the heart of the mass desertion of most of the servers. Was the same for Karasha Gear when they initially added that as well. haven't tried crafting that since that fail.

Fails=frustration. Frustration=leaving.
    When things aren't Fun" anymore, and you get told that things are 'working as intended" it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. :'(
    ZuNamiSlayer87
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,425
    edited May 14
    i think the fail itself is frustrating sure, but for the fail there are 2 ways....you can lose the gear you need as mat OR all of the mats except the gear.....
    i mean i would be ok with fails BUT not for the deleting an item that you only get once a day....

so maybe just change the "all mats are gone"-fail to "all mats are gone except the questitem karasha pure soul /ellora soul whisp"-fail
    Slayer87Aylanor
  • Slayer87Slayer87
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 395
    edited May 16
    Runi wrote: »
    i think the fail itself is frustrating sure, but for the fail there are 2 ways....you can lose the gear you need as mat OR all of the mats except the gear.....
    i mean i would be ok with fails BUT not for the deleting an item that you only get once a day....

so maybe just change the "all mats are gone"-fail to "all mats are gone except the questitem karasha pure soul /ellora soul whisp"-fail

That is a very good resolution to this major problem
    daeni
  • daenidaeni
    edited May 16
    I personally believe it needs to be revamped. This current system has to many loop-holes and we need something based more on skill rather than luck. I use 'luck' loosely though. That at least does show itself randomly once in a while. :p Since no one in authority will tell us exactly what they used to...customize this so called skill, we are left with this soar flavor of repeated failures...

I never was big on playing the lottery or the slots. The house in these instances always has the upper hand. If this system was re-tooled to be based solely on skill, you'd still have some failure; that's a given but not the habitual fails this one currently has.

Ex: if you're crafting stage 5 gear and are stage 5, you'd have success rate of say...75 % of the time. hell even 50% would be better than the 21/22 fails that i saw expressed in another post recently. If you're attempting to craft a stage 6 and are still at 5, you'd have a much lower success rate. That would be understandable as well, and yes you'd more than likely fail and loose your material. This too would encourage most to rank things higher and though i would consider this 'busy work' it would serve it's purpose.

This is just my opinion but maybe if we had more input to give those that decide things, maybe we'd see some changes. I have found most time that criticism though well intended, if not softened with suggestions, rarely is taken seriously. most of the time it's just plain ignored, being perceived as an attack.
    Slayer87ZuNami
  • tacobrowntacobrown
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 760
    edited May 21
    im now on my 7th fail for a chest.. i have all the triumphant buffs. but still failed. just failed 2 times in a row. this game blows my mind. and also just blows in general. nexon is most hated na publisher for a reason.. this is an epic freaking joke. i hate this game. seriously this game is just trash. .
    ZuNamiSlayer87
  • AylanorAylanor
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 510
    edited May 24
    tacobrown wrote: »
    im now on my 7th fail for a chest.. i have all the triumphant buffs. but still failed. just failed 2 times in a row. this game blows my mind. and also just blows in general. nexon is most hated na publisher for a reason.. this is an epic freaking joke. i hate this game. seriously this game is just trash. .
    Well triumphant buffs doesn't count on % that you'll craft the item.
    They just help for crafting an better item or more of it (last counts for marks, potions, etc.).
  • W00H00TW00H00T
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,005
    edited May 25
    If it doesn't affect the revenue stream in a negative way, there isn't likely to be a change. You guys should know this...
    Of course, hypothetically speaking, if enough people quit the game or stop spending real money, that could possibly elicit some real changes needed.
    However, if there are still players out there who want to keep "supporting" the game (and its their right to do so, just to clarify), then most of these suggestions get passed on and lost forever.
    To a publicly traded company like Nexon, the only way they make changes is when their quarterly earnings don't hit the projected quota's. If the money keeps rolling in, there's nothing wrong in their eyes.
    ZuNamidaeni
  • MobDropperMobDropper
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited May 31
    I totally agree with the outrageous fail rates. You are locked into a quest that you can do once a day for a wisp which constitutes a 5 day waiting period (a work week for many of us) for the required amount of them leading up to a epic fail for something you waited that long to craft. It is totally against all odds that you will ever get to SUCCEED and actually have the piece you crafted much less have the freaking stats for YOUR class also. (which is a totally random roll when crafted) on all crafted gear. So you are forced to get the piece to a +15 or higher state and buy a refining stone either off the market or hopefully from one of the "unlucky boxes" to even attempt that not to mention the cost in gold to do that. This game is so rigged for making money for them. (but it's truly not a pay to win game) Yea right.......Good luck on that .
  • RuniRuni
    edited May 31
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/21421/gm-blog-riders-of-icarus-summer-revamp

They will change stuff in about 2 weeks. so lets see if it will be better ;)
  • CheapneazyCheapneazy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 565
    edited June 5
    Took me just over a month to get my wisps, Try'd to make my staff last night and lost every thing but my old staff,, I soooooo wanted to say FU and move on to a new game.. I will use my old staff and never put $$ into your fail system.

Runi wrote: »
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/21421/gm-blog-riders-of-icarus-summer-revamp

They will change stuff in about 2 weeks. so lets see if it will be better ;)

they say
    Crafting
    The Dungeon Loot Revamp will have drastic changes including increased equipment and material drops. To further assist players in acquiring the best gear possible, crafting will also be receiving improvements. With the new changes, crafting will become the optimal way to obtain the best quality and slotted equipment available.

Changes to material costs for crafting.
    Significant increase in success chance to craft Legendary Equipment.
    Triumphant Craft chances will be greatly boosted.
    Best version of equipment can be obtained from “triumphant crafting”:
    Guaranteed “Very High” quality item
    Very high chance for 3 seal stone slots

Nothing about fails not removing mats , so IF you craft some thing it may be better, but if you fail you can still loose everything.
  • TanderTander
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 310
    edited June 19
    Well, so much for the changes! As far as I can see anyway. All Mats gone, fail.

There are some things that should get easier as you gain levels, crafting is one these, at least it can in other games I’ve played. But that would involve a skill tree or crafting gear, which this game doesn’t have, so all the hard work, gold and time, in the end, comes down to the toss of a coin. Even my above average OCD is struggling to find the incentive to bother trying again.

This whole games dynamic is based on the RNG, I get that, but more and more, it seems I’m just playing a glorified slot machine. I know I’m not saying anything new but a bit of fun really shouldn’t leave you feeling you’ve wasted your time or been so frustrating.

Anyone noticed improvements since patch?
    ZuNami
  • RudiRudi
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 655
    edited June 19
    I cannot say,
    before patch was crafting exalted "normal" - failed a lot of pieces
    now after patch crafting exalted "high" - failed 2/2
    So for me only text changed. I don't count change of 1 less wisp for crafting and maybe also a bit less another material. If you fail, always disappear wisps. But Karasha items for me stayed 50/50. Fine that item for 3-5g stay and something for which you need minimum 4 days and of course you must have minimum 24 pieces is gone.

Btw: What % is normal and high chance? And if will be %, % realy works or is only some text on wall? In text you can have everything.
    ZuNami
  • daenidaeni
    edited June 19
    @Rudi pretty much said it. Other than the Text change all i saw was failure.
    "Sigh" Well looks like this part of the game play is not for me even after the revamp.

Not only is it not worth the time, its also not worth the cost of the failure.
    Instead of changing the text they should have had someone sit down and rework the 'skill (and i use that term sarcastically) mechanics" so it is based on an actual attainable skill level instead of gambling.
    It pains me to say this but Nexon's other games that do use an actual skill level for crafting could teach those that designed this one something. :'(
    ZuNami
  • W00H00TW00H00T
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,005
    edited June 27
    Honestly, since it seems this game's "high" and "normal" RNG really means 20% and 10% respectively, it would be most beneficial to everyone if they just allowed players to redeem up to 6 wisps a day. That way at least players can go out and farm for more shards and have multiple chances of crafting an exalted instead of failing once and waiting 2,3-4 days just to craft another.

I don't know about you guys but 2-4 days of waiting with little reward gives me a lot of time to ponder if this game is worth it at times..

And whats the harm? I hear a new set of OP Heroic gear is coming out in 2 wks with the lvl 60 cap. Kind of like Karasha VS. Chaotic all over again.
    daeni
  • xguyx00xguyx00
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited June 27
    Took me. 2 -3 weeks to get full exalted 3slot staff and all 3slot armor. All crafted on wiz

Crafted scepter first try. Very high 3slot with intel for my priest

You have to work hard to reap the rewards.. Now full exalted with both classes with rodesh/poreon/graveon seals..
  • RuniRuni
    edited 2:12AM
    xguyx00 wrote: »
    Took me. 2 -3 weeks to get full exalted 3slot staff and all 3slot armor. All crafted on wiz

Crafted scepter first try. Very high 3slot with intel for my priest

You have to work hard to reap the rewards.. Now full exalted with both classes with rodesh/poreon/graveon seals..

i think you are playing 24/7 and had rly big luck with crafting. Myself failed around 10 times crafting exalted stuff, only saw gloves drop and got them. Rest was trying to craft them since the lvl 50 dungeons are in.
    Same with rodesh, its pure luck, some get them twice others failed already 10 times and got none.
    3 weeks would be really lucky to craft everything with 3 slots, because if you only do the dailyquest for the ellora soul whisp you can craft 1-1,5 times per week ;)