[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Daily World Boss Quest - no update

MaraMara
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,040
Posts: 15
Member
edited May 31 in Bug Reporting
Question about the new World Boss quest.
I had the quest - Vile Waste Enemies. I went and participated in killing Lazart (and received a chest reward). The quest did not update.
Am I missing something?

-Mara


Daily World Boss Quests Added
New daily quests can be accepted from the Onyx Order representatives for the regions. Each one will have a daily quest to defeat any of the World Bosses for that region. Gather with your fellow Riders and complete these daily quests in order to obtain vouchers that can be exchanged for various rewards from the new voucher shop.
Ga’art: Hakanas Highlands – Sansupus Camp
Ga’art: Parna’s Coast – Reedwatch
Panult: Tritael Rift – Maelstrom Perch
Kazant: Cloying Waste – Alseik
Rumant: Ellora Santuary –  Ronua Camp
Durst: Stygaea – Stillhaven

Comments

  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,670
    Posts: 199
    Member
    edited May 31
    It's buggy, just like the Juma daily.

    Fighting Flam in the rift, our group, and 3 other randoms outside our group. We get 2 boxes, probably did like 95% of the Damage, no quest credit. I know we did 100x more damage than the randoms because 1 group member was late, and we all stopped dps, that health bar didnt budge a cm. Same case in Ellora's, 6 Attempts between Lenenzar and Roa, not a single member in our 7 man party got credit, got loot from 4 of the 6 bosses.

    Fix your quest please!
  • MaraMara
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,040
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited May 31
    Same - quests not working, 0/2 (Cloying Wastes and Parna's Coast)
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,465
    Posts: 144
    Member
    edited June 1
    Quest worked for me on first Roa fight. I even got the item for the Torkai mat daily queat for the first time ever.
    I was in a 10 man raid if this helps finding the bug.
  • CuddleWingsCuddleWings
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 34,590
    Posts: 1,329
    Administrator
    edited June 1
    Good day, Mara. Our team is currently aware and investigating this issue. We'll update everyone on the status once completed. :-)
  • W00H00TW00H00T
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 995
    Posts: 59
    Member
    edited June 1
    Mara and I participated in taking down Ikeria last night with our guild and a few other random players (not part of our raid party) after the boss went down only our raid group got the quest complete. It seems only the highest DPS group will be able to finish the quest at the moment. Hope this info helps.
  • MaraMara
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,040
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited June 1
    Thank you!
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,670
    Posts: 199
    Member
    edited June 2
    KillXIII wrote: »
    Quest worked for me on first Roa fight. I even got the item for the Torkai mat daily queat for the first time ever.
    I was in a 10 man raid if this helps finding the bug.

    Shouldn't have to be in a 10 man raid to get credit, especially considering this games low population. If you do enough damage to get a box, even if it's just a gold/silver/copper box, it should give quest credit. Should for sure get quest credit if you get a superior box ffs.
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,465
    Posts: 144
    Member
    edited June 2
    Today I was in a raid party that did several worldbosses (Highlands til Wastes). Everyone in the party got all quests done. They were sharing the quest. I have no idea what that means, but these quests have a "Share Quest" button which might be the reason why some people get their dailies done and others don't. Just an idea.
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,670
    Posts: 199
    Member
    edited June 2
    KillXIII wrote: »
    Today I was in a raid party that did several worldbosses (Highlands til Wastes). Everyone in the party got all quests done. They were sharing the quest. I have no idea what that means, but these quests have a "Share Quest" button which might be the reason why some people get their dailies done and others don't. Just an idea.

    no man lol. Share just means you dont have to go to the npc to pick up the quest. If you're the only people doing the bosses, of course you're going to get credit... But like I said before, we shouldn't have to be in a 10 man raid to get the credit, that's just stupid, and i know it's not the case because earlier a party of 2 got credit for Lenanzar, just there wasn't a ton of people
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 19,700
    Posts: 2,780
    Forum Moderator
    edited June 2
    HI,

    Discussions were merged, Riders!

    Have a nice day!
  • roganemorroganemor
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 475
    Posts: 27
    Member
    edited June 2
    So why was c-blocking introduced as a new game mechanic with the new WB voucher system? Now the big guilds can dominate all the WB's since voucher quest completion is only given to the top damage dealer.
    Nice was to make your new features useless less than a week in
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,670
    Posts: 199
    Member
    edited June 2
    roganemor wrote: »
    So why was c-blocking introduced as a new game mechanic with the new WB voucher system? Now the big guilds can dominate all the WB's since voucher quest completion is only given to the top damage dealer.
    Nice was to make your new features useless less than a week in

    It isn't the top damage dealer... as I stated earlier one of the world bosses our guild fought didnt update the quest upon death, even though we were 100% sure we did the most damage. We know this for sure considering there was just 3 other people there outside our group, who couldn't even kill the thing when we stopped dpsing so one of our group members could make it in time. Over a period of about 60 seconds, with an hp bar of 5-10%, it didnt budge when our raid stopped lol.. so yea. Contrary to what people are thinking, it's not about top damage. It's probably something stupid like 1st hit, or last hit, like with field quest mobs, which is utterly stupid considering the lag levels at world bosses during certain points in the day, not to mention the RNG chance of managing to be the one that actually got the first strike/ last strike.
  • CallMeIenaCallMeIena
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 310
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited June 3
    Ehi there,
    same thing appened to me all the day.
    I took the quest and went to kill Lenanzar with a guild mate. We got the chest and I got the quest completed message.
    I changed channel and killed him again, and got the chest again. Ended this I went to pick my rewards at Ronua Camp, but as I talked to the quest's NPC there wasn't any quest available on the chat.
    I closed the window and talked to the guy again, and my quest got completely restarted.
    Since that moment I tried again to kill Lenanzar, without get the quest completed again.
    I tried just now to kill Roa too, with a bigger team, but nothing changed at all.
    Here's a screenshot with me, the team, the boss chest we dropped and the quest still not completed.
    Please fix it as soon as possible since we cannot even get a token compared to other guys with already a craft.

    2rwkvao.jpg
    yvadim
  • roganemorroganemor
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 475
    Posts: 27
    Member
    edited June 5
    Still broken or is it just that poorly designed? Take quest, Kill Lenanzar on all 3 channels, get superb chest on all 3 channel, no quest completion.
    Again they designed it to only give credit to the top damage dealing group. Perfect way to let top guild(s) make it very hard for anyone else to get vouchers.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,425
    Posts: 550
    Member
    edited June 6
    roganemor wrote: »
    Still broken or is it just that poorly designed? Take quest, Kill Lenanzar on all 3 channels, get superb chest on all 3 channel, no quest completion.
    Again they designed it to only give credit to the top damage dealing group. Perfect way to let top guild(s) make it very hard for anyone else to get vouchers.

    its not top dmg dealing grp. I was at lenanzar with 3 of my guildmates....we didnt even made more than 10% till the big guild came with lets say 15 ppl or so, we only got 1 box BUT because we did first hit we completed the quest. i Mean only one chest isnt top dmg dealer grp but we did the first hit ;-)
  • roganemorroganemor
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 475
    Posts: 27
    Member
    edited June 7
    Still that is ridiculous. It's bad game design, or worse, lazy game design.

    Update: No one else at Lenanzar, I did the first damage to it and continued to hit it until other people showed up and killed it. NO CREDIT.
    So that theory is wrong. Yeah for Nexon giving the big guilds the ability to block content from other players. So 20 years ago.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,425
    Posts: 550
    Member
    edited June 8
    roganemor wrote: »
    Still that is ridiculous. It's bad game design, or worse, lazy game design.

    Update: No one else at Lenanzar, I did the first damage to it and continued to hit it until other people showed up and killed it. NO CREDIT.
    So that theory is wrong. Yeah for Nexon giving the big guilds the ability to block content from other players. So 20 years ago.

    maybe it has to be first hit and be in a grp? I was at least with 2 other ppl in a grp or in a full raid these days and got the quest done, but only if we were the first there. If we started the grp while the HP of a boss already was at 50% damaged from another grp we didnt get the credit.

    And as you can read, they know about the issue and looking into it.

    Good day, Mara. Our team is currently aware and investigating this issue. We'll update everyone on the status once completed. :-)

    Can you maybe look into all bossquests, like the ones for torkai materials and such aswell and maybe change them aswell? Would be awesome!
  • roganemorroganemor
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 475
    Posts: 27
    Member
    edited June 8
    I was in a group, no other groups were there. We were first to do damage to it and group stayed through the entire fight.

    They already have the logic to determine who gets the good loot boxes, should not be a stretch to provide quest credit based on that. They also have the Rabbini logic in place that grants quest completion for anyone involved with that fight. Makes you wonder what is taking them so long to fix it, IF it truly is a bug and not designed that way.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,425
    Posts: 550
    Member
    edited June 8
    roganemor wrote: »
    I was in a group, no other groups were there. We were first to do damage to it and group stayed through the entire fight.

    They already have the logic to determine who gets the good loot boxes, should not be a stretch to provide quest credit based on that. They also have the Rabbini logic in place that grants quest completion for anyone involved with that fight. Makes you wonder what is taking them so long to fix it, IF it truly is a bug and not designed that way.

    things like that have to be reported to the developer. The developer has more to do than just to wait for bugreports for the EU/NA client and fix them asap. Just let them some time, the GMs already stated that they know about it and that they "investigate" it. BTW in the original korean version first grp gets all, loot, quests etc....so i think the developer programmed it with this logic behind and maybe just forgot that its different for EU/NA.
    And if Nexon have news about it, they will tell us, whining or beggign over and over wont help to get infos faster ;-) And btw the developer programms what they want and when they want so EU/NA isnt their prio nr 1 ;-)
  • roganemorroganemor
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 475
    Posts: 27
    Member
    edited June 9
    Oh I reported it, got the standard blow off response. I'm still waiting on a fix to the Familiar farm which they won't even acknowledge is broken despite me giving them proof.
    So all that left is to post on the forums, where people can see it and post their experiences. Many voices tend to be heard clearer than 1 voice thru support tickets.