[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Taming rare mounts.

HitlanoHitlano
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,185
edited June 15 in Mount Collection and Combat
Please let us reach Sky Habratun and stingray mounts in Parna's Coast. Please remove region max altitude for higher level players, and let us fly high as much as our mounts can.
Also please create more stingray mounts, like now are so many boned dragons like Veldon and wyverns like Femuto, gyreons like Magma beast and other style mounts. I will be very happy, and ithink so not only me :) Also please give us chance even not big, get Tagris and Traes from Lv. 40 Legendary mark box. Becouse not all can get marks of them from Raids. And even if we got mark we aren't quaranted that we can tame it succesfully. They are already long time in game :) Or, Please, give us even short event to have chance tame it without mark. i Think its not easy to tame anyway, becouse its legendary. Thank You for attention! Hope so You can make one of my wishes come true :)
daeniNeora
  1. Dear Riders are You really want this same as me? :) Please Vote!10 votes
    1. Yes ♥
       60% (6 votes)
    2. Nooo!
       40% (4 votes)

Comments

• daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,935
    edited June 11
    Making these mounts more tamable, easier to get the mark, would be nice. Legendary beasts are the best to have but the hardest and most frustrating to tame. I hope they do fix the drop-rates of these marks but most of us have been complaining since last year and still we wait for any response.

They should be challenging, not impossible to get unless you have an unlimited wallet. If you're like me farming the mats really is time consuming and sucks rocks when you fail and have to begin again. :'(

Maybe an event that allows a person to tame one legendary mount of your choice per acct would be nice. IDK give out a fated blank mark that allows this once. This way we all can get the one we want the most. One that would also work in Elloras Spire for those in there as well. Just a thought. :D
    DjwaffleshotHitlanoglitchmagnet
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,725
    edited June 11
    I agree, taming legendary familiars can be a pain in the rear... scratch that, collecting all of the neccessary materials to even craft a mark is an even greater pain. >.<
    Hopefully the new fishing mechanic will help in that regard, from what I know you can fish mark materials and even marks itself.

I really like the idea of such an event where you are allowed to tame one legendary familiar of your choice. :D
    Maybe like you have to complete a certain task each day for one or two weeks, those who have completed a certain number of tasks receive a fated blank mark at the end.
    You can only enter with one character per account. The mark is bound.
    Also the tamed familiar can't be sealed but turned into a pet and is bound of course.
    daeniHitlano
  • DjwaffleshotDjwaffleshot
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,165
    edited June 11
    Yeah making these legendary marks can be quiet a pain,except lvl 40 pegasus and sometimes Rodesh mark, hopefully they do make it easier to get the materials for current and future legendary mounts.
    The voucher shop was a decent step in the right direction as it reminds me of Vindictus's "Seal of Bravery Shop" but there's a problem with the voucher quests .

It would be great if they gave us something that allowed us to tame whatever we choose, it'd probably be called something like "Fated Master Control Stone".
    Though it will take a long while for a player to get their desired mount depending on what mount is it because of spawn time/chance.
    I can imagine a long competitive line if everyone uses it on Torkai and can you imagine the competitive chaos for those who choose to use it on a PVP mount like Karon xD.
    daeni
  • HitlanoHitlano
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,185
    edited June 15
    Yeah making these legendary marks can be quiet a pain,except lvl 40 pegasus and sometimes Rodesh mark, hopefully they do make it easier to get the materials for current and future legendary mounts.
    The voucher shop was a decent step in the right direction as it reminds me of Vindictus's "Seal of Bravery Shop" but there's a problem with the voucher quests .

It would be great if they gave us something that allowed us to tame whatever we choose, it'd probably be called something like "Fated Master Control Stone".
    Though it will take a long while for a player to get their desired mount depending on what mount is it because of spawn time/chance.
    I can imagine a long competitive line if everyone uses it on Torkai and can you imagine the competitive chaos for those who choose to use it on a PVP mount like Karon xD.

Also simple Master Control Stone (Fated means 100% success)
  • xy44xy44
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,390
    edited June 15
    but this exists already no? - If you fail to tame a mount 10 times dont you get a fated one?

Legendary i buy.. (Farm gold in dungeons so I can afford them) sure its tedius, but it works for me, and keeps me busy!

Chanus has been my biggest fail!.. - Im on Fail number 9, so one more fail and least I will guarantee her.

Apoc/Hameon/ I did on First try... surprisingly! - I seem to have more trouble with heroic mounts than legendary.
  • daenidaeni
    edited June 15
    Not on some, if they occur in the Spire, then you're pretty much SoL. Also if they are not in the Bestiary, as well as those restricted to both lairs.

Frankly the ten fail number, if you really sat down and figured out how much that cost...well, it's pretty prohibitive. The rarity of the drops on some... and the recipe for their marks as well, its just not realistic.

Some frankly give up trying because of the cost in both time and money. Not everyone lives, eats and breaths RoI.
    This way if they offered A one time only master control stone event that allows you the chance to tame one per acct,or even one per character.. it would be..idk some kind of gesture that shows they are aware of some people's plight and care.
    This wouldn't effect the servers economy if they all were acct bound and not tradeable.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,175
    edited June 15
    xy44 wrote: »
    but this exists already no? - If you fail to tame a mount 10 times dont you get a fated one?

Legendary i buy.. (Farm gold in dungeons so I can afford them) sure its tedius, but it works for me, and keeps me busy!

Chanus has been my biggest fail!.. - Im on Fail number 9, so one more fail and least I will guarantee her.

Apoc/Hameon/ I did on First try... surprisingly! - I seem to have more trouble with heroic mounts than legendary.

problem is if you fail a legendary 10 times you only get a NORMAL mark....its not a fated one like it is with the heroic mounts.
    So i think the best "change" would be just make this achievements to get a fated mark for legendary familiars aswell and be with it.
    Its hard enough to get/craft 10 marks and fail a legendary familiar but not being able to get a legendary the 11th try with a fated mark is really just dumb......
    i mean getting 10 marks and fail on heroics is less expensive and faster and you get on top a 11th try with a fated mark.
    daeni
  • xy44xy44
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,390
    edited June 15
    Oh ok, I see your point @Runi Yes Its unfair to have legendary=hardest to tam, and harder to craft for then dont gaurentee it after X amount of fails as you do with heroic, I was unaware of that fact. - damm.. Ive still a fair few (lots) of legedarys to tame and I know Im not going to enjoy taming/farming for the gold over and over before it gets "old"

There is no "end" game really yet. so playing solo, is sort of hard on the player base. as mostly a solo player, The game is very very limited in what I can do. - Not strong enough to run Legendary dung solo yet.. and all the loot I want is locked up in 5+ man teams.. - I like playing with friends, I dont enjoy with randoms, Especially when it comes to taming!
  • daenidaeni
    edited June 15
    Either this @Runi, or just the mount earned from the failure. I forgot about the issue with not getting a fated mark. Been a while since i tried Shakiba. :'(

But still i think an event would be great as well as maybe tempting those back that left for this issue. I know a good number of people left after they posted this problem months ago.
    They have not come back yet but this might be the ticket for those that still love the idea of this game just not the mechanics of Legendary Failures...
    Dr3adD4ora