[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - June 15, 2017

Comments

• TralayanTralayan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 420
    edited June 15
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    If this takes much longer some Riders are going to miss out on their daily log-in rewards (me included). Thanks to the greedy idiots who clearly don't care how their actions affect other players! As far as I'm concerned those selfish people should be perma-banned for deliberately exploiting and ruining other players enjoyment!

Agreed. Not that it can't be done tomorrow and be a day behind but these punk@$$ little kids taking advantage of what they absolutely know is a bug should be punished with perma-bans. These are the same one's who spent all day changing channels for the Valentines boxes. Just lose them all together... they won't be missed.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,800
    edited June 15
    xy44 wrote: »
    ...instead a days premium goes by..
    Its already late here in UK, and the sounds of it, it wont be up tonight anytime soon. - Its been down for 10hours now for an update..
    I get it.. just Im disappointed on my only off work night :(

Yeah, it's now 10:53 pm and it's not looking good for the servers to come back online in the next 30 mins or less. :( I've already missed too many daily log-ins and if I miss any more I won't be able to collect all the daily rewards this month.

@cuddlewings
    Is there any possibility that we can get today's Daily Log-in Reward auto-completed due to this mess? I know it's not Nexon's fault and is purely down to a small number of selfish players, but those of us who have done nothing wrong are already losing out by not being able to play.
    Elleloup
  • AylanorAylanor
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 510
    edited June 15
    Tralayan wrote: »
    If this takes much longer some Riders are going to miss out on their daily log-in rewards (me included). Thanks to the greedy idiots who clearly don't care how their actions affect other players! As far as I'm concerned those selfish people should be perma-banned for deliberately exploiting and ruining other players enjoyment!

Agreed. Not that it can't be done tomorrow and be a day behind but these punk@$$ little kids taking advantage of what they absolutely know is a bug should be punished with perma-bans. These are the same one's who spent all day changing channels for the Valentines boxes. Just lose them all together... they won't be missed.

The problem here is, that Nexon will miss them.. :/
    It's already known that the guys who are doing this are known cashers..

But my hope is too, that they perma-ban them to do a statement, which would be a hard warning too for every player.

After all to be honest, this won't happen..
    Tralayan
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,220
    edited June 15
    @cuddlewings
    Is there any possibility that we can get today's Daily Log-in Reward auto-completed due to this mess? I know it's not Nexon's fault and is purely down to a small number of selfish players, but those of us who have done nothing wrong are already losing out by not being able to play.

Actually it IS Nexons fault, since they messed up and let the bug happen in the first place.
    The servers had to be taken down regardless if people abused the bug or not since it was not intended at all and had to be fixed imediately.
    You can hate on all these exploiters as much as you want, they deserve it, but saying it was purely their fault that you can't go online is not correct. And yes, I'm mad as well since I probably lost my freshly crafted 3s high-roll Exalted Scepter. :/

Anyway, going to sleep now... see you all tomorrow.
    KingOfEverythingZuNami
  • Wingmaster870Wingmaster870
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,530
    edited June 15
    I understand everyone's frustration. I, too, would like to play, however in all the years of gaming I have done and that to be honest is longer than some of you have been alive, I have never seen a game update or major release that hasn't had problems. Many times when new content is introduced the coding of the new content "breaks" something somewhere else in the game. It happens, it's code, it's computer programming and it's something as gamers we have to live with. I wish I lived in a Walgreen's commercial too but I don't. This is the very reason I don't play just one game, I have more than 17 games on Steam and 2x that many as stand alone installs. If one isn't playable I can be guaranteed that at least one of the other ones are. For me personaly I expect this from Nexon so it's not a big surprise.
    ZuNamicragiekc
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 19,700
    Forum Moderator
    edited June 15
    @GrizzlyUK

Will forward your concern to the team, Rider! Thank you for your understanding and hopefully this ongoing issue will be solved promptly.
    AylanorGrizzlyUKCuddleWingsElleloup
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited June 15
    Cream wrote: »
    @GrizzlyUK

Will forward your concern to the team, Rider! Thank you for your understanding and hopefully this ongoing issue will be solved promptly.

Thank you, unfortunately I guess many Riders will now have to wait until tomorrow to find out what's going to happen as it's getting too late here now and many will need to retire to their beds.

@ all Forum users:
    Lets not forget that the exploiters made their own decisions to exploit this particular bug, possibly thinking that there would be little to no action taken against them. Regardless of whether they are "known cashers" or whatever, exploiting any bug should always result in some form of punishment. Especially when all players are negatively affected due to their decision to try and benefit by exploiting a bug. Nexon must take a stand and let everyone know that such actions will always be punished with no exceptions!
    RuniAylanor
  • dragonbattydragonbatty
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 310
    edited June 15
    Is the maintenance gonna last much longer? Haven't been able to play at all today. If it goes past today.. are we gonna get compensated for loosing out on our login rewards?
  • CreamCream
    Forum Moderator
    edited June 15
    @dragonbatty

Maintenance was completed but unfortunately after the game was live to our Riders, an unforeseen in-game issue (BUG) occurred and all servers had to be shutdown temporarily. At the moment we do not have an estimated time, but as soon as is known to us (the community team), all information will be available to our Riders, immediately!

Edit: As far as the login rewards; the information was already forwarded to the relevant team, Rider! ;)

We do apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!
    AylanorMydoleGrizzlyUKdragonbattyCuddleWingsW00H00TElleloup
  • RaubtieR666RaubtieR666
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited June 15
    Is the maintenance gonna last much longer? Haven't been able to play at all today. If it goes past today.. are we gonna get compensated for loosing out on our login rewards?

if i red right:
    - end of the emergency maintenance is^still open
    - compensation is actually in discussion (e.g. log-in-reward instantly available for everyone who didnt get it before the main maintenance started)

if im wrong, please correct me.

is already known what type of fix it will be? the most interesting way would be a rollback.
    Advantage:
    - no losses in most game mechanics (e.g. crafting materials would be resetted and loots from raids/dungeons are compensated by the used entry to achieve them)
    - no profit out of this bug and the following maintenance for anyone

Disadvantage:
    - Possibility of mistakes in payment options (e.g. NX bought after main maintenace missing AND bought item missing)

yeah, i know its bad if you succesfully crafted 3s exalted items and now "lost" them but its something we all have to suffer from.

Question to the Mods:
    IF you ban: what is the criterium? i mean, if a player used this bug without abusing it ( = didnt use the obtained ellun) and warned others in the alliance / guild, does he get banned because of this mistake in the balance or not? I ask because someone in my alliance informed us directly after seeing that there is this bug so we do not overuse teleports and channel switch.
  • KIttenPaineKIttenPaine
    edited June 15
    Withdraws are starting, I am getting the DT's and shakes, please bring back my cute familiars so that I can bounce around again soon.

Serious note, I appreciate what is occurring and thank you for keeping us up to date Cream.
    Cream
  • LinettLinett
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 420
    edited June 15
    Thank you for this information. We are just impatient and want to play as soon as possible.
    Cream
  • CreamCream
    Forum Moderator
    edited June 15
    @GrizzlyUK

Lets not forget that the exploiters made their own decisions to exploit this particular bug, possibly thinking that there would be little to no action taken against them. Regardless of whether they are "known cashers" or whatever, exploiting any bug should always result in some form of punishment. Especially when all players are negatively affected due to their decision to try and benefit by exploiting a bug. Nexon must take a stand and let everyone know that such actions will always be punished with no exceptions!

Anything related to that specific subject, when and if, the relevant information is available will be done by CM-CuddleWings, on its due time.
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 915
    edited June 15
    Edit: As far as the login rewards; the information was already forwarded to the relevant team, Rider! ;)

Simplest solution is to just extend the reward deadline by a day (instead of June 30, make it July 1). I think Nexon did this before already for an earlier event. One less thing to worry about for this patch.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited June 15
    @GrizzlyUK

Anything related to that specific subject, when and if, the relevant information is available will be done by CM-CuddleWings, on its due time.
    Understood, that part of my post wasn't actually directed at you, it was simply a general comment. As such I've edited my post to make that clearer. My apologies for any confusion caused.
    Cream
  • dezzorodezzoro
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited June 15
    will servers be back up soon any eta seeing im banned from roi discord
  • dragonbattydragonbatty
    edited June 15
    Bug must have crept in immediately after maintenance. LOL Ok, thank you Cream for the quick response.
    Cream
  • AcedicaAcedica
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 430
    edited June 15
    "I wonder if it takes as long to load up the servers as it does the game" <- If you haven't consider purchasing a Solid State Drive in the future. Getting a cheapo 120 Gig one just for your current "main game" and the most commonly used applications like Microsoft Word and Excel saves a lot of annoyance.
  • RandomRootsRandomRoots
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited June 15
    when are the servers coming back up. over 10 hours now. what the heck is going on at nexon?!
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,185
    edited June 15
    Acedica wrote: »
    "I wonder if it takes as long to load up the servers as it does the game" <- If you haven't consider purchasing a Solid State Drive in the future. Getting a cheapo 120 Gig one just for your current "main game" and the most commonly used applications like Microsoft Word and Excel saves a lot of annoyance.

Installed RoI in a Samsung Evo 850 long time ago after trying it on normal hard disk and loading time didn't speed up as I wished. In fact I think that some of time used in loading depends from bad optimization on server side. Only starting the game seems to be affected by the ssd speed, once u get inside the rest of loading time it's from server-client data exchange, so yeah isn't worth taking space on your ssd in this case.