[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - June 15, 2017

Comments

• RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,650
    edited June 16
    Did the players get any official statement about what was done to the players that abused this bug and got +25 items with the elluns?
    Will they only be banned for some days and get to keep the elluns and +25 items or will there be some actions like downgrading stuff?
    Would be nice to get any official statement about it!

@cream
    @CuddleWings
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,175
    edited June 16
    Runi wrote: »
    Did the players get any official statement about what was done to the players that abused this bug and got +25 items with the elluns?
    Will they only be banned for some days and get to keep the elluns and +25 items or will there be some actions like downgrading stuff?

@cream
    @CuddleWings

I would like to think that they reverted the server to before the update went live. It was only live with the exploit for a half hour, so reverting it should be a no-brainer to me.

Can anyone who managed to log in before it was taken down confirm whether or not they reverted the server?

Not reverting the server and letting people keep the elluns and +25 items sounds borderline insanity to me. It would basically reward people who exploit and cheat. I can't imagine that being the case.

• PhilosoapPhilosoap
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,465
    edited June 16
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    Runi wrote: »

@cream
    @CuddleWings

I would like to think that they reverted the server to before the update went live. It was only live with the exploit for a half hour, so reverting it should be a no-brainer to me.

Can anyone who managed to log in before it was taken down confirm whether or not they reverted the server?

Not reverting the server and letting people keep the elluns and +25 items sounds borderline insanity to me. It would basically reward people who exploit and cheat. I can't imagine that being the case.

As far a friend told me there wasn't a complete reverse. People got to keep the rolled equip and heroics they tamed but the elluns were set back to before the update and had to be picked up from elloras storage. I can't tell you about what happened to the tempered equip as those of our guild who tempered got banned for 2 days so I dunno either what probably happened to the equip. We will find out when those people can log in again and check on their equip..
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,535
    edited June 16
    Yes I can confirm, there was no real roll-back, I still got my Exalted Scepter... but I lost my 1.2k Ellun I collected during last month and only get 20 in return. I feel so ripped-of. :/
    Already opened a ticket, hopefully I'll get them back.
  • WINDY75WINDY75
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited June 16
    trying to find out if the fishing quest is bugged cant find where to get the modest auto reel, stuck on that qust :(
  • IxxolosIxxolos
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 720
    edited June 16
    WINDY75 wrote: »
    trying to find out if the fishing quest is bugged cant find where to get the modest auto reel, stuck on that qust :(

I also am stuck with this particular quest.
    WINDY75
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,170
    edited June 16
    Cream wrote: »
    Maintenance is complete Riders!! Log in and take the fight against the Rabbini and good luck Fishing!!!

http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/23340/completed-unscheduled-maintenance-june-15-2017

Many thanks to both yourself and @CuddleWings for trying to keep us updated with what's happening during the course of this Unscheduled Maintenance. ;)

I realize this is probably too early but is there any update on what's going to happen to the Daily Log-in Rewards that many were unable to earn due to this lengthy Unscheduled Maintenance? I see from the news article you've linked that Premium Service is being extended by 48 hrs along with a list of items to be claimed from Ellora's Storage before 6/21/2017 UTC. Unfortunately there's no mention of whether those items are per account or per character, but, from previous experience I guess it's going to be per account and only available to the first character logged into the game.
  • LaDesireLaDesire
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 565
    edited June 16
    I created a thread i think yesterday where i was asking if there will be roll back so the tempering the bug abusers got is canceled and the thread got deleted. And i didn't recive any warrning or at least a PM mentioning the reason. Maybe it was because i mentioned (with screenshots) a bug abuser who was saying that he got all his set +25 easy and the 5 days ban he got is nothing. Maybe mentioning names of others is against the forum rules. I don't know. Or maybe in a comment i mentioned that i will switch to another game if this tempering is not going to be undone and i mentioned the name of the game i will switch to.

So ok, let's say deleting my thread was fair. But the question still remains! We need to know if there will be any roll back so the bug abusers will lose the tempering they did! It's completely unfair! Five days ban is nothing if the tempering stays as it is! It's like they paid with 5 days ban for +25 gear within 30 mins!

If it's not going be undone, please consider to add this in ellora's shop as package. Five days ban for +25 gear. I will be the 1st one who will buy.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited June 16
    LaDesire wrote: »
    I created a thread i think yesterday where i was asking if there will be roll back so the tempering the bug abusers got is canceled and the thread got deleted. And i didn't recive any warrning or at least a PM mentioning the reason. Maybe it was because i mentioned (with screenshots) a bug abuser who was saying that he got all his set +25 easy and the 5 days ban he got is nothing. Maybe mentioning names of others is against the forum rules. I don't know. Or maybe in a comment i mentioned that i will switch to another game if this tempering is not going to be undone and i mentioned the name of the game i will switch to.

So ok, let's say deleting my thread was fair. But the question still remains! We need to know if there will be any roll back so the bug abusers will lose the tempering they did! It's completely unfair! Five days ban is nothing if the tempering stays as it is! It's like they paid with 5 days ban for +25 gear within 30 mins!

If it's not going be undone, please consider to add this in ellora's shop as package. Five days ban for +25 gear. I will be the 1st one who will buy.

Naming and shaming is never allowed on any official forums, that's a policy that pretty much every MMO has. Report cheaters directly, just don't do it via forums as doing so can get yourself into trouble.

If the exploiters have indeed only received a 5-day ban for their deliberate exploiting and cheating then that's a total joke and an insult to everyone who did nothing wrong! Check the details of the compensation package Nexon are giving out:
    Due to the extended down time the following will be given out.

Premium Service will be extended by 48 hrs.

Please claim the following items from your Ellora's Storage before 6/21/2017 UTC.
    • Large Familiar EXP Potion (5 Pack)
    • 100% Health Recovery Potion (3 Pack)
    • 100% Mana Recovery Potion (3 Pack)
    • Familiar EXP Booster (5 Pack)
    • Legendary Emblem Package
    • Familiar Full Growth Potion
    • Ellun (20 Pack)
    • Adventure Booster (100%)(5 Pack)
    • Premium Service (5 Day) (Distributed on 6/17 UTC)

Depending on when the bans started those banned players may be able to return to the game just in time to collect those items! Players are joking about these bans in-game, not only over the short duration but that these cheaters are apparently allowed to keep all the items they tempered to +25. They have cheated to gain an in-game advantage over others, so what's the difference between them and gold sellers/buyers? :* Seriously, what's the point of a 5 day ban if those players then get Premium Service extended by 48 hrs plus Premium Service (5 Day), along with all the other items? :*
    daeni
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 19,955
    Forum Moderator
    edited June 16
    @LaDesire

It was a long night Rider, but as others have mentioned here name and shaming is not permitted on these forums by its Code of Honor. I did removed the thread but decided to give a chance before issuing a warning, since it was a long and hard issue for all of us and the community included.

We are still working on many aspects of the issue that affected our community yesterday and will keep you updated when information becomes available!

Thank you for your understanding, Riders!
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,110
    edited June 16
    I think i stated what i thought was a just punishment for those that think it was OK to abuse an exploit, then brag about it.
    They all should be banned. No questions. If 5 days was all they got then this is pretty much a middle finger to those of us that did nothing.

These people are the same ones that more than likely abused another exploit back on Valentines day and caused us all to pay. You can't let people that have no conscious get away this because frankly they will not learn from it at all.

All you really did here was reward them for bad behavior. :*
    The brats win again. :'(
    Just my opinion though.
    GrizzlyUK
  • DespondancayDespondancay
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 760
    edited June 17
    @cream
    If the ppl who abused the bug will only be banned for 5 days and can keep their +25 items a big wave of ppl will leave the game, because they will feel cheated!

Getting the Elkins from tower or dailies and collecting tempering stones is, for many the last thing, this game has to offer and motivates....
    If you don't remove/rollback the items ppl will not see any value in farming and grinding for something other ppl got in 30mins for free...

You and the other Devs really
    Need to take an action there if you want to keep that game alive! It was already dying without that bug-abusing but if you don't take care of the +25 items Cheated it could be the nail in the coffin!
    GrizzlyUKZuNami
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,650
    edited June 17
    @LaDesire

It was a long night Rider, but as others have mentioned here name and shaming is not permitted on these forums by its Code of Honor. I did removed the thread but decided to give a chance before issuing a warning, since it was a long and hard issue for all of us and the community included.

We are still working on many aspects of the issue that affected our community yesterday and will keep you updated when information becomes available!

What about the infos......2 of our members had yesterday a 2day ban and today they wanted to look how long it is and now they have a ban for 8 day?! i mean can we finally get any info what was done and why someone that took 1-2 times the achievement now got 8 day ban?! And what is been done about the tempered +25 items from some ppl that abused the bug?!
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,640
    edited June 17
    If there's no perma ban for those who exploited the bug then you encourage more and more people to do so. I myself would do the same when I see that there is no real punishment for breaking the ToS -.- Just a few days vacation from game but you have a full +25 set? That's a nice deal everyone would take...
    GrizzlyUK
  • RyderRyder
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,810
    edited June 17
    I feel positive regarding the bans: In previous events, the players which used the exploit were not banned at all. This mislead them to again trying to get most of the bugs for themselves. This time, they are banned for several days. Next time - maybe the final ban?

For me, it would be fair when all items which were tempered with these illegal Elluns are simply taken away from the players. THAT would hurt them most.
  • automatikautomatik
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited June 17
    How to activate a premium status? Can't find Premium Service (5 Day) (Distributed on 6/17 UTC) item in Ellora's storage or elsewhere. Today is 6/17 but nothing happened... Where can I claim it? Thank you.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited June 17
    automatik wrote: »
    How to activate a premium status? Can't find Premium Service (5 Day) (Distributed on 6/17 UTC) item in Ellora's storage or elsewhere. Today is 6/17 but nothing happened... Where can I claim it? Thank you.

Well they've got an entire day to distribute the item to all players, so I guess just keep checking throughout the day. Remember to allow for different time-zones as well. Currently here in the UK it's 7:40 pm but over on the East Coast of USA it's only 11:40 am! Once it does become available it should be in Ellora's Storage for you to claim.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited June 17
    @LaDesire

Thanks for this update, however, as you can see there are Riders who feel rather strongly about these cheaters apparently getting little more than a slap on the wrist. Nexon needs to clearly show that exploiting will not be tolerated and certainly any gains from exploiting will be removed!

I just hope it isn't left too long for some updates on what's happening. :(
  • ikrantikawngikrantikawng
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 600
    edited June 17
    What are the limited time items whose timers are already activated for players who are banned for several days? They have a compensation? Are they restored or can we always cry for not being able to enjoy it once?
  • RyderRyder
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,810
    edited June 17
    Do you mean the daily login reward and the seven-day login reward? Or which timers do you mean exactly?

I would assume that not receiving those rewards might be part of the ban punishment ... but I might be on the wrong path.