[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - June 15, 2017

Comments

• ikrantikawngikrantikawng
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 600
    edited June 17
    What are the limited time items whose timers are already activated for players who are banned for several days? They have a compensation? Are they restored or can we always cry for not being able to enjoy it once?
  • RyderRyder
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,670
    edited June 17
    Do you mean the daily login reward and the seven-day login reward? Or which timers do you mean exactly?

I would assume that not receiving those rewards might be part of the ban punishment ... but I might be on the wrong path.
  • automatikautomatik
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited June 18
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    automatik wrote: »
    How to activate a premium status? Can't find Premium Service (5 Day) (Distributed on 6/17 UTC) item in Ellora's storage or elsewhere. Today is 6/17 but nothing happened... Where can I claim it? Thank you.

Well they've got an entire day to distribute the item to all players, so I guess just keep checking throughout the day. Remember to allow for different time-zones as well. Currently here in the UK it's 7:40 pm but over on the East Coast of USA it's only 11:40 am! Once it does become available it should be in Ellora's Storage for you to claim.

6/18, but Premium Service marks have not been given yet =(
  • ikrantikawngikrantikawng
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 600
    edited June 18
    Ryder wrote: »
    Do you mean the daily login reward and the seven-day login reward? Or which timers do you mean exactly?

I would assume that not receiving those rewards might be part of the ban punishment ... but I might be on the wrong path.

I was talking about time-limited items once in the inventory
    And why add ban time like this without any valid and unjustifiable reason?
  • RyderRyder
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,670
    edited June 18

Ah, ok, thanks for this clarification :)

I can't answer your question about "why add ban time" - but I agree it would be helpful for understanding if @CuddleWings or @Cream could give a statement about this.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,800
    edited June 18
    Ryder wrote: »

Time-limited items will continue to count down until they expire, being banned should not pause the timer!

As I understand it the players who have been banned were exploiting a bug to give themselves an in-game advantage over others. Basically they cheated, got caught and have been banned. That's a valid and justifiable reason, they are being punished for cheating and as such they should not be entitled to any sort of compensation for anything they've lost as a result of their own cheating! These cheaters also contributed to the servers being taken offline less than an hour after the Scheduled Maintenance. That Unscheduled Maintenance lasted almost 11 hours, which, along with the Scheduled Maintenance meant that thousands of players were simply unable to play for a day!

This is based on what I've read both here on the forums (primarily in this very thread) and "chats" I''ve seen in-game amongst some players. It would certainly be better if Nexon made an official statement, but an earlier comment from @Cream seems to indicate that Nexon are still sorting things out.
    Cream
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited June 18
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    How to activate a premium status? Can't find Premium Service (5 Day) (Distributed on 6/17 UTC) item in Ellora's storage or elsewhere. Today is 6/17 but nothing happened... Where can I claim it? Thank you.

Well they've got an entire day to distribute the item to all players, so I guess just keep checking throughout the day. Remember to allow for different time-zones as well. Currently here in the UK it's 7:40 pm but over on the East Coast of USA it's only 11:40 am! Once it does become available it should be in Ellora's Storage for you to claim.

6/18, but Premium Service marks have not been given yet =(

Patience youngling, only Nexon knows what's happening, so all we can do is wait for Nexon to post an update that lets the rest of us know whats what. ;)
    Creamdaeni
  • virus0011virus0011
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 345
    edited June 20
    Bravo, the cheaters have won and the honest people are punished, because of the second maintenance I could not connect for my daily reward and end of the month. I will miss a days for the 4 coupons, I present the Answer of the support, if we summarize it, you will have nothing honest rider.

"Bonjour,

Merci d'avoir contacté le support de Riders of Icarus.

Les maintenances hebdomadaires sont toujours à la même date et heure, ce qui vous permet de prévoir une connexion en amont ou en aval.

En ce qui concerne la maintenance exceptionnelle suite à un bug, nous en sommes désolés. Elle a été aussi rapide que possible, et une compensation a été envoyée à tous les joueurs suite à celle-ci. Nous ne pouvons malheureusement pas donner de récompenses supplémentaires.

Merci de votre compréhension.

Cordialement,
    [Nx] Maïa
    Nexon Support"
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 965
    edited June 20
    virus0011 wrote: »
    Bravo, the cheaters have won and the honest people are punished, because of the second maintenance I could not connect for my daily reward and end of the month.

Not sure what you mean here, but I got a free daily reward after the maintenance. So the next day I've logged in I got the next item countdown timer.
    Also you should also post your request, not just the answer from support team to understand what you have been denied.
  • virus0011virus0011
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 345
    edited June 20
    yvadim wrote: »
    Bravo, the cheaters have won and the honest people are punished, because of the second maintenance I could not connect for my daily reward and end of the month.

Not sure what you mean here, but I got a free daily reward after the maintenance. So the next day I've logged in I got the next item countdown timer.
    Also you should also post your request, not just the answer from support team to understand what you have been denied.

My request was simple, I could not miss a single day of connection, because of the cheaters I could not connect and now I will miss just one day for my last coupon. I asked the support if he could Just given me a calendar day, you have the answer.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited June 20
    yvadim wrote: »

This is the first I've seen of any such "free daily reward after the maintenance". I've been checking my Daily Rewards every day to see if we get a "free" day but as of yesterday there wasn't any.

@CuddleWings @Cream Could you look into this please?
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 965
    edited June 20
    @GrizzlyUK Maybe my memory plays tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure that there was an unclaimed item after my login, and the next item's countdown has started.
    Also I haven't received the promised 5 day premium on my account. So maybe its one or another?
    Would be nice to get a clarification from GMs.