[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[PATCH NOTES] Shady Warrens June 15, 2017

CuddleWingsCuddleWings
Riders of Icarus Rep: 34,590
Administrator
edited June 14 in Patch Notes
Take a look at the newest content and features that will be coming up in the Shady Warrens update!

vFbQFMS.jpg

Major Updates Game Feature Updates and Changes Bug Fixes and Known Issues

Comments

• YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,180
    edited June 14
    In this update I like crafting changes and the fact that we can see lot of variations in new outifts. I dunno how fishing has been implemented and what we can get from doing it but we'll discover it as soon as we try, In the hope it won't turn into a gold sinking mini game only.

About Shady Warrens I've many doubts 'cause after Ellora's Spire which can burn easily 40 mins of our time "forcing us" to stay away from friends/guilds due to another solo instance is not properly what this game needed (imho). I understand that there are many solo players here or people like me that don't exclusively play in large guilds, but really if I have to stay closed in solo 1hr+ per day (spire 40min+SW) I'd chosen a single play game instead of a multiplayer.
    It's just my point of view ofc, but I'd made this new instance at least as duo players.
    Acedica
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,220
    edited June 15
    I really like the new updates, especially the new loot-tables of legendary dungeons/Fractura and revamped crafting system.
    As for fishing, you can get pretty neat stuff like mark materials, marks itself and even Karasha/Exalted equip boxes... at least if they didn't change anything in the loot-tables. XD
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    About Shady Warrens I've many doubts 'cause after Ellora's Spire which can burn easily 40 mins of our time "forcing us" to stay away from friends/guilds due to another solo instance is not properly what this game needed (imho). I understand that there are many solo players here or people like me that don't exclusively play in large guilds, but really if I have to stay closed in solo 1hr+ per day (spire 40min+SW) I'd chosen a single play game instead of a multiplayer.
    It's just my point of view ofc, but I'd made this new instance at least as duo players.

As far as I know your time limit is 10mins after entering and it's more like a mini-game - how much treasure can you get before time runs out, no ranking, just enter, kill bunnies with the bombs to reach the chests, do some dailies and exit after 10min.
  • ZuNamiZuNami
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 590
    edited June 15
    I think Neoseptem is right with the 10 min. for Shady Warrens, but for the info on the testplay Icarus 2.0 they don`t allow pets in Shady Warrens and runspeed is very important o.O, but we will see how it comes, right? And the fishing, golden rod for real money?? wtf, i hope there is a way to get it without, because, i have tested it too and what should i say.. it is like the rest of the game, with a golden rod and 3H time u have a chance to get some nice things but the other rod`s baits and so.. i don`t think i want to try :/

But the other things in the patchnotes, nothing to say but a little to late for many players :/
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited June 15
    Neoseptem wrote: »
    As far as I know your time limit is 10mins after entering and it's more like a mini-game - how much treasure can you get before time runs out, no ranking, just enter, kill bunnies with the bombs to reach the chests, do some dailies and exit after 10min.

Still another solo content. Nothing wrong in giving some contents for those who play solo, but u know.. ppl like raids, to be with friends and guildmates and not stucked in two solo instances per day. :)

About fishing I still have doubts 'cause if u see golden rod in shop, well it's almost obvious the direction it could take.
    ZuNami
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,220
    edited June 15
    Still another solo content. Nothing wrong in giving some contents for those who play solo, but u know.. ppl like raids, to be with friends and guildmates and not stucked in two solo instances per day. :)

And what about people who don't like raids?
    I know it's called MMORPG but lets be honest, a lot of people just want to play by themselves and complain that you have to be in groups and raids to get stuff. Now they add a solo inctance and the other half complains that you can't enter with a group. :/

As for Spire you can't really call it an instance, it's more of a daily challenge system and if you don't care for that just do the daily for 5 Elluns. 3mins max and you're done with it.

• YllmathirYllmathir
    edited June 15
    Neoseptem wrote: »

And what about people who don't like raids?
    I know it's called MMORPG but lets be honest, a lot of people just want to play by themselves and complain that you have to be in groups and raids to get stuff. Now they add a solo inctance and the other half complains that you can't enter with a group. :/

As for Spire you can't really call it an instance, it's more of a daily challenge system and if you don't care for that just do the daily for 5 Elluns. 3mins max and you're done with it.
    As I said before, nothing wrong giving contents to solo players, but this game need something different if we talk about how can be saved from this bad status of things.
    I'm not complaining and I perfectly know that certain players likes only raids and certain want to be alone or not being forced to join a party in order to progress.. Solutions must be found from devs.
    But you know what? Ppl asked for raids and since fractura released we understood that loot in 10 men raid suck lot more than the classic 6 men party, so all players are doing it in 6.. And it's so easy that you can do it even without healer or tank if ppl know how to play. Contents like this aren't challenging so won't satisfy those who were looking with hopes about raids experience.
    This mini bunny instance will satisfy solo players?
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 915
    edited June 15
    ZuNami wrote: »
    I think Neoseptem is right with the 10 min. for Shady Warrens, but for the info on the testplay Icarus 2.0 they don`t allow pets in Shady Warrens and runspeed is very important o.O, but we will see how it comes, right? And the fishing, golden rod for real money?? wtf, i hope there is a way to get it without, because, i have tested it too and what should i say.. it is like the rest of the game, with a golden rod and 3H time u have a chance to get some nice things but the other rod`s baits and so.. i don`t think i want to try :/

But the other things in the patchnotes, nothing to say but a little to late for many players :/

What advantage does the golden rod have over the ones you can buy in-game?
  • ZuNamiZuNami
    edited June 15
    @SevenSeas the rod have : Fishing Time (Sec) -30; the Golden Auto-Reel: Fishing success rate +70%; the spezial shrimp bait : Item drop rate +50% at fishing.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,425
    edited June 15
    Hitlano wrote: »
    Why after disconnect, i see that:

When I try play game again...

they shutdown the server again because there was a BIG bug going on.

• SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 915
    edited June 15
    ZuNami wrote: »
    @SevenSeas the rod have : Fishing Time (Sec) -30; the Golden Auto-Reel: Fishing success rate +70%; the spezial shrimp bait : Item drop rate +50% at fishing.

Thanks for the info. Going back to your original post, is Icarus 2.0 the KR version of our game? Are you saying the golden rod is available in-game in that version?
  • WINDY75WINDY75
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited June 16
    is there a place to buy the modest auto reel for the quest? cause it isnt in the shop where it should be and can't finish the quest line. bugged?
  • ZuNamiZuNami
    edited June 16
    @SevenSeas the rod etc. are in-game shop item but for Ellun, 150 for the rod, and it is lightly different cause u can play in english on that server, but all other things are the same as the 2.0 KR version, time to come 2.0 here to us cause it is much more user friendly with all
  • CuddleWingsCuddleWings
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 34,590
    Administrator
    edited June 19
    WINDY75 wrote: »
    is there a place to buy the modest auto reel for the quest? cause it isnt in the shop where it should be and can't finish the quest line. bugged?

We are aware of this issue, Rider. In the next maintenance, the item used to complete that quest will be the "Austere Reel" instead. :-)
  • WraithhunterWraithhunter
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited 12:05PM
    I've been dcing in Shady Wardens a lot..always loose like half the time I have left when I come back into the game...my graphics are on the lowest they can be, my internet connection is a' ok. So ye, I mean I am enjoying the dungeon greatly, but still its kind of annoying to spend the 15g for the Mediciene just to have the game Dc you when entering the dungeon. Oh yea I almost forgot..so I've entered the dungeon. The timer started at 10min. I dc from the game, few seconds later I come back on only to see that only 27's are left... I dc from the game and get back on in 1 min, how the hell did 10min just turn into 27's?????!