[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

@Cuddlewings about "Trickster"

AellaeAellae
Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,445
edited June 21, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
wBoJ6CD.jpg

???

Saying I can not create and need to buy more Slots?

No thanks. Every MMO I've ever played that had limited character slot always gave another slot for the new class they introduced. If you guys think myself, and the majority of other players out there who have 4 slots are going to purchase another character slot to play this knew class, you're out of your gd mind.
daeniZuNami

Comments

• MysticMystic
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,060
    edited June 21, 2017
    Also feels bad for those that already have 6 characters on their accounts and can't have a 7th unless they delete or create another account...
    Kesstryl
  • AellaeAellae
    edited June 21, 2017
    Mystic wrote: »
    Also feels bad for those that already have 6 characters on their accounts and can't have a 7th unless they delete or create another account...

If they aren't going to give us slots like they did with Ranger, I'd just make a new account. I'm not going to play their lame marketing game. Like I said before, all games that introduce a new class have always made arrangements for the players to be able to create these new classes at no cost, I dont know why they think they are special and expect people to buy a character slot. The class is already locked with a "Loli" race, which brings down its appeal by 50% (for me personally). But I'm willing to suck it up and try it if it's a powerful class, which it looks like it will be. Seems like it's a support / dps hybrid, i could be wrong.

Idk. Please let us know what your move is so I know if I have to make a new account or not :)

• daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,825
    edited June 21, 2017
    Limiting the total amount of characters you can have is frankly suicidal for this game. Also forcing people to "buy" more slots for a new class is also not a very well thought out move either especially when the game is floundering.
    I Do hope they re-think this before they release it.
    You already have people that...well it seems like it won't take much to leave this game, this will be that tipping point.
    AellaeZuNami
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,000
    edited June 21, 2017
    I agree. They should have taken away the 6 char limit at least. But not even that happened. So the game doesn't allow us to have all classes on one account. I really don't want to make a 2nd one cause that will mean I have to keep the game running twice as long for login rewards :/
    We can only hope that they rethink their decision. The Ranger update gave us a free slot so why not another one now? Please Nexon *puppy eyes*
    daeni
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,945
    Administrator
    edited June 21, 2017
    I completely understand where everyone is coming from on this. Many of you have already maxed out your character slots and would prefer not to delete one to accommodate the new class. But unfortunately, this is a technical limitation of the game itself that only allows up to 6 total character per account and this was not by choice. We are working towards changing this in the future so Riders do not have to resort to deleting characters.
  • AellaeAellae
    edited June 21, 2017
    I completely understand where everyone is coming from on this. Many of you have already maxed out your character slots and would prefer not to delete one to accommodate the new class. But unfortunately, this is a technical limitation of the game itself that only allows up to 6 total character per account and this was not by choice. We are working towards changing this in the future so Riders do not have to resort to deleting characters.

You failed to address the situation, and original subject of this post, which is for people that have only 4 characters. Are we expected to purchase another slot so we can play the new class?
    daeni
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,945
    Administrator
    edited June 21, 2017
    Aellae wrote: »

You failed to address the situation, and original subject of this post, which is for people that have only 4 characters. Are we expected to purchase another slot so we can play the new class?

There are many Riders who are concerned with the Max slot limit so I wanted to cover this as well.

Assuming you have not maxed out your characters, in order to increase your slots you will have to purchase the voucher from Ellora's Shop. There are no plans to issue free vouchers.
  • AellaeAellae
    edited June 21, 2017
    Aellae wrote: »

There are many Riders who are concerned with the Max slot limit so I wanted to cover this as well.

Assuming you have not maxed out your characters, in order to increase your slots you will have to purchase the voucher from Ellora's Shop. There are no plans to issue free vouchers.

Lol :D Not gonna happen.

This decision will likely be another nail in the coffin. A final for some, though It's certainly the 1st nail for me personally. Most will likely just make new accounts however, which makes this greedy decision completely pointless, you guys should have just opted for the positive PR by giving everyone a slot for the new class.
    ZuNami
  • daenidaeni
    edited June 21, 2017
    Oh boy. This might not be what most wanted to hear. I know if i am given a choice between buying an extra slot/deleting a character or just doing without...not really a choice.
    i won't buy/delete. I will more than likely do without. :'(

I can understand if the game limits are 6 characters, but for those of us that frankly didn't create the max (by buying the slots.) why force us to do so now for something that you're promoting? Doesn't sound like a smart business move from where i stand. Especially not for a game that already has population issues because of failures in game mechanics .
    With the ranger class you gave them out with the pre-registration, failing to do so here might kill this game further. IDK
    AellaeZuNami
  • KaikoonKaikoon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,760
    edited June 21, 2017
    LoL ... are you serious?

have fun than. Keep this class to yourself, and Play it yourself.

Directing People to Ellora's shop in a 'free to play' game, when you announce a new Feature simply makes me speechless.

daeniZuNamiDeamondo
  • AellaeAellae
    edited June 21, 2017
    daeni wrote: »
    Oh boy. This might not be what most wanted to hear. I know if i am given a choice between buying an extra slot/deleting a character or just doing without...not really a choice.
    i won't buy/delete. I will more than likely do without. :'(

I can understand if the game limits are 6 characters, but for those of us that frankly didn't create the max (by buying the slots.) why force us to do so now for something that you're promoting? Doesn't sound like a smart business move from where i stand. Especially not for a game that already has population issues because of failures in game mechanics .
    With the ranger class you gave them out with the pre-registration, failing to do so here might kill this game further. IDK

yeeeep, it's completely asinine. Now those of use with 4 full slots get to waste our game time leveling a character to at least 15 on a completely new account, that will likely never get played beyond 15, just so we can try out the new class they introduced. Yeeeea. the more i think of it, the more i cringe. I may just not play it all together. Thanks for the pre-registration pack atleast , i guess.

Kaikoon wrote: »
    LoL ... are you serious?

have fun than. Keep this class to yourself, and Play it yourself.

Directing People to Ellora's shop in a 'free to play' game, when you announce a new Feature simply makes me speechless.

Ikr, i thought this was a Free to play game. Guess not anymore right?
    daeni
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,000
    edited June 21, 2017

How do they handle it at the original game? They are even getting another new class. Are they bound to 6 slots max too?
    daeniZuNami
  • ValhallaQueenValhallaQueen
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 755
    edited June 21, 2017
    Free to play... except when new classes are added. then you're on your own. :) Its sad... but looks like im gonna be without, due to not having money for a free to play game. :)
  • daenidaeni
    edited June 21, 2017

KillXIII wrote: »

How do they handle it at the original game? They are even getting another new class. Are they bound to 6 slots max too?

This a a good point here. How did the original version deal with this?
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,125
    edited June 21, 2017

Bad news indeed for many, many players! You say this was not by choice but someone, somewhere made the decision to restrict the game to 6 character slots per server per account! I have to agree with others in this thread, this is not going to do any good for the future of the game. Working on changing this in the future is going to be too late for many players who will simply walk away to go play other games that don't have such an archaic restriction!

Great advertisement for the game isn't it? Icarus is going to have 7 character classes available to play, but players can only have 6 characters per server per account!

I've been playing Icarus less and less over recent months and I'm seeing absolutely nothing to encourage me to continue playing once my current Premium Service expires! :(
    daeniVikira_Hakain
  • daenidaeni
    edited June 21, 2017
    Free to play... except when new classes are added. then you're on your own. :) Its sad... but looks like im gonna be without, due to not having money for a free to play game. :)

I fear this might be RoI's Epitaph. Forcing people to buy new classes that are made available will not go over well for a game that promotes itself by saying it's F2P.

Hopefully seeing what most have written here someone will reconsider this game killing decision and change it before the launch of this class. If you fail in this, it could well be the end.

Now that i think on this, how a game that sells vouchers for additional character slots could be this short-sighted in limiting the overall character amount and as well as alienating the F2P crowds by forcing them into a choice...well its kinda mind-boggling.
    Again i hope someone is realizing the error in all of this and changes it fast.
    GrizzlyUK
  • Vikira_HakainVikira_Hakain
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 510
    edited June 21, 2017
    I personally have 3 characters made, i made the new character and shes registered however it looks like i shouldnt have the space for her considering on my screen, theres my 3 and then a locked slot. So technically there shouldnt be room for her...Though i could be wrong......
  • AellaeAellae
    edited June 21, 2017
    I personally have 3 characters made, i made the new character and shes registered however it looks like i shouldnt have the space for her considering on my screen, theres my 3 and then a locked slot. So technically there shouldnt be room for her...Though i could be wrong......

When they introduced the ranger, they added an additional slot, FOR FREE. It use to be we could only have 3 characters max. With addition of ranger, we were now able to have a max of 4 characters, for free. For what ever genius reason, this isn't the case this time.
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565
    edited June 21, 2017
    Unbelievable, really. "technical limitations"? I don't think so.

IF..a big IF, we choose to delete a character ( which I highly doubt anyone is willing to do), what of the lost income , time, Elluns, Enhancement Stones, etc., etc.,? Not to mention the fact that pretty much everything in this game is bound. It's as though Nexon/WeMade want people to leave. I mean, compared to when this game first released, the player base has dwindled significantly (re: Only 2 servers now).

@daeni "Mind-boggling" covers much of what this company has done with this game. Some packages limited to one per account; limits on how much NX you can buy per month..the list goes on. Makes absolutely no sense.
    GrizzlyUKdaeni
  • AellaeAellae
    edited June 21, 2017
    Honeychyld wrote: »
    Makes absolutely no sense.

oh it makes perfect cents, and hopefully some dollars too, at least in their greed ladened minds.

What's even worse, is the potential that, when they realize how stupid it is to not give a courtesy slot and end up giving them, will be the people that caved and bought slots prior to this. Don't do it people. It's easy enough to just make a new account, start another storage/ broker character, level it to 15, then make your Trickster. If they want to play stupid games, so be it, lets play a stupid game.

daeniZuNami