[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Character Slot Voucher?

HoneychyldHoneychyld
Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,250
edited July 22 in General Chat
So I decided I'd break down and buy another character slot to try out the Trickster, but now I can't find the item to do so in the shop o.O

Unless I'm totally blind, but I've checked every tab of the shop. It was there before, so why wouldn't it always be available? If anyone knows why it isn't there anymore...or tell me I'm blind and direct me to the right section lol!, that be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• HoneychyldHoneychyld
    edited July 24
    Just wondering if anyone knows where the Character Slot voucher is, or why it isn't in the shop? A Mod perhaps knows the answer?
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,110
    edited July 24
    No. You're right. It's been removed since they added the trickster. :/

I know i broke down and bought one, a slot for it. Decided if...if i bought premium in the future, and created another new acct. i wouldn't be able to use the perks to level.
    If they add another free slot now, i guess I'll be pissed
  • CuddleWingsCuddleWings
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 35,805
    Administrator
    edited July 24
    I notified the team that the character vouchers are missing. You can find it again in the "Special" tab. :-)
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    edited July 24
    Thanks @daeni and @Cuddlewings for the replies. Much appreciated :)
    CuddleWings
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    edited July 30
    Uhhm, as I was about to purchase the voucher, I read it and it states "Can't be used if you already have the maximum number of character slots". Since I'm one of those people who like to try every class in a game, I have 6/6 slots taken. Am I to understand that they honestly expect us to delete a character every time they bring out a new class? Or am I misunderstanding how it works?
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 19,945
    Forum Moderator
    edited July 31
    You can have a maximum of 6 characters per Region, NA/EU. Requests from our community for more available character slots has been forward to the Dev team, Rider!

We do understand that this is not the ideal situation but has been addressed already, however, you are welcome to remind us at any time for follow ups on the subject. ;)

Have a nice day!
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    edited July 31
    @Cream Thank you for the clarification :)

Well, it's a good thing I didn't waste my money on it then lol! In my opinion, it makes no sense. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to try every class to see which they prefer. Or even to be more versatile in a group ( I.e. If a group requires a tank, then I'd play my Guardian, or they need a healer, I'd get on my priest, etc.). Not to mention the fact that it means more money in their pockets. Any additional character slots above 6 would require a player to purchase a voucher, so essentially they are making money . I've never understood the reason we'd be limited to the "one per account" items, especially if the items were not considered exclusive or "rare". It's illogical. Also, from the player's position, to have to delete a character that we put time and money in, just to try a new class is not something anyone would want to do.

In any case, thanks again, and if you'd be so kind as to remind them again, that would be great :)
    CreamGrizzlyUK
  • EvenstarEvenstar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited August 11
    This is what you simply call a failure. I put the money in to buy the extra slot, but the company feels we shouldnt have enough slots for all characters and are forcing us to delete. I remember when the game was released, and they put like a weekly limit on how much money you spend, I thought that was pretty silly, but this.. this takes the cake.

If you make money, when people pay for character slots, wouldnt selling as many as the customers wants, be a good thing? Assuming the company wants to make money of course.

Lets say you make cookies, and you sell them as your business. You have 6 types of cookies, but then, you make a 7th type of cookie. If a customer comes into your store, and wants to buy all 7 types of your yummy cookies, by the current business model of Nexon, they would refuse the customer, and choose to make less money.
    GrizzlyUK
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,160
    edited August 11
    I think what makes this worse is that while we're currently restricted to a maximum of 6 characters per region per account and there's now 7 classes available, I've seen posts stating that the original South Korean version of the game is about to get an 8th character class added to the game and they don't have this restriction! So what's going to happen when that 8th character class finally gets added to RoI and we still have that stupidly ridiculous 6 characters per region per account restriction? Of course that very much depends on whether RoI survives that long!
    Cream wrote: »
    You can have a maximum of 6 characters per Region, NA/EU. Requests from our community for more available character slots has been forward to the Dev team, Rider!

We do understand that this is not the ideal situation but has been addressed already, however, you are welcome to remind us at any time for follow ups on the subject. ;)

Have a nice day!

Just how, exactly, has this "been addressed already"? Do you simply mean that Nexon are aware of the issue and are, erm, well they're aware of the issue? In all seriousness, this restriction is actually preventing Nexon from earning money and it's just simply mind-boggling that Nexon impose this restriction to prevent themselves earning money! :o
    daeni
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 19,945
    Forum Moderator
    edited August 11
    @GrizzlyUK

We understand that the situation is not ideal but, keep in mind that Nexon is the publisher and WeMade the Developer, Rider. That been said, we do on our side as much as possible to get information detailed and compiled for our developers to work on or analyze the possibilities according to our region needs and/or wants.

Now we ask for patience as this simply described process, that in reality is a very complex task in nature happens and whatever the outcome or end result is, Nexon will deliver to the community with due diligence and care.

Nexon does care for the community! This game has one year out and has almost caught up with its counterparts from other regions. It has not an been easy endeavor but, has been accomplished to this point so far (with its pros & cons) with an amazing support and motivation from the community and outstanding work and dedication from all of Nexon's teams.

I ask from the community for patience and the amazing support that has so far kept your Riders of Icarus here!

Have a nice day!
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    edited August 11
    @Cream asking for patience and giving absolutely no information is not gonna happen unless you provide:
    detailed patch notes
    dates for missing features
    bug fixing updates
    future plans

on a regular basis, at least each "planned" maintenance that is unexpected to most players btw
  • EvenstarEvenstar
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited August 11
    I dont think they realize that people will pay money for the charcter slot, which will lead to more sales for the new character created.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,630
    edited August 12
    I dont think all the ppl in here understand what being a publisher means....They cant do a thing if the developer says no or just dont say/do anything....
    Yeah the original version now has 8 character slots, but what if our version is just to "behind" so that they cant add more till the version is higher so that the feature works proberly....?
    Do you dont want to have a working game? Do you dont understand that the developer is working on THREE different versions at the same time?! (korean, japan, eu/na)
    And nexon only can ask and hope for good news or patches with their requested features...the developer will see if it fits in now or in a future patch....and nexon only has patchnotes/infos what the developer is willing to give them.
    So if we dont get the full patch infos, maybe blame the developer for their incomplete infos, just maybe only a small piece of missinformation lies at nexon?
    Just think a little bit about it, because if they know stuff, they always told us. Maybe they just DONT KNOW?!
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    edited August 12
    Hey, do you work for Nexon/WeMade @Runi?
    Because if you don't you should get the same nice yellow badge as I have for making assumptions.
    If what you say is the case then it has to come from one of the mods here.
    Also good developers work on one version unless they're absolutely worthless as developers. Its typically a different group of people called translators who are doing different languages of the game.
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,075
    edited August 12
    Cream wrote: »
    We understand that the situation is not ideal but, keep in mind that Nexon is the publisher and WeMade the Developer, Rider. That been said, we do on our side as much as possible to get information detailed and compiled for our developers to work on or analyze the possibilities according to our region needs and/or wants.

The problem is the lack of transparency and update by Nexon NA on ongoing issues. One of the key responsibilites of the publisher is to communicate with the players. However in many instances, players raise important issues and a CM/mod (usually CuddleWings or Cream) tells us they will forward our concerns to the team (either via forum or PM) and then ... nothing. It's often not even clear what the "team" is. Is that the Nexon NA team or the Wemei team? Presumably, the chain of communication would be : Players -> CM/Mod -> Nexon NA team -> Weimei team. So we have no idea what the hold up is. Is it because the Nexon NA team decides it's not important and didn't forward the request to Weimei or is it because they're waiting for a reply from Weimei?

I believe it is in Nexon NA's best interest (as well as the player's best interest) to be more transparent with their players and not keep us in the dark. An example of doing so would be to set up a sticky page where all ongoing issues are tracked and updated on this forum. Here's an example (dates are fake in this example):
    Player-raised requests and issues :

1) Issue : Lack of character slots
    Description : Players feel the need for additional character slots to play all classes on same account.
    Acknowledged by CM/Mod : acknowledged via forum, Jan 9, 2017
    Acknowledged by Nexon NA team : Jan 10, 2017
    Action by Nexon NA team : agreed with issue and forwarded to Weimei
    Acknowledged by Weimei team : Jan 20, 2017
    Action by Weimei team : agreed with issue and solution pending

Or if Wemei hasn't replied, then ...
    Action by Weimei team : response pending

Or if Weimei doesn't agree its a problem, then ...
    Action by Weimei team : disagree with issue, no action will be taken

2) Issue : Ugly leggings on Trickster class
    Description : Players feel leggings are ugly and would like the option in the game settings to enable or disable the display of the leggings.
    Acknowledged by CM/Mod : acknowledged via PM, Jul 11, 2017
    Acknowledged by Nexon NA team : Jul 12, 2017
    Action by Nexon NA team : agreed with issue and forwarded to Weimei
    Acknowledged by Weimei team : Jul 27, 2017
    Action by Weimei team : response pending

3) Issue : Tempering costs too high
    Description : Players feel tempering costs are too high and would like the cost cut in half.
    Acknowledged by CM/Mod : acknowledged via PM, May 20, 2017
    Acknowledged by Nexon NA team : May 21, 2017
    Action by Nexon NA team : disagree with issue, no action will be taken
    The above are just examples (actions and dates are fake). But having a list like this should be very easy to do and would keep everyone informed.

@CuddleWings
    @Cream

Edited to clean up the post to make it more readable.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,630
    edited August 13
    yvadim wrote: »
    Hey, do you work for Nexon/WeMade @Runi?
    Because if you don't you should get the same nice yellow badge as I have for making assumptions.
    If what you say is the case then it has to come from one of the mods here.
    Also good developers work on one version unless they're absolutely worthless as developers. Its typically a different group of people called translators who are doing different languages of the game.

i dont have to work for nexon nor wemade to understand how publisher & developer relationships work....
    And this arent assumpations, its just telling the ppl that it can be this way (and most of the time it is but if you dont work in this field you dont rly know it or dont want to know that not always the publisher is the guilty party....)
    And the fact that wemade IS the developer and this game is atleast published in korean, japan and our version (EU/NA) with different patch versions aswell as thigns that works different here than in the original version....the developer IS working on 3 different fronts ;-)
    But as i said if you dont know what a publisher is and how that is working (and i am sure you dont because of your statements) then you cant blame them. btw "the translators" are the publishers or their translation companys they are working with, not the developer ;-)

Another hint, the "mods" are normal ppl like you and me, only the GMs have more insight and the CMs (like cuddles) is the link between the community and the publisher. So if the publisher or even the developer doesnt give the CMs informations they cant give them to us.
    And there are some papers you have to sign where you agree that nothing you know will be told to the community if the company dont want it to.

But i agree with @SevenSeas that they should do some sort of list of the known bugs and feature requests...and there were already some requests since month for this list.
    I think it dont have to be this big....a list/table with bugs/features and some sort of "forwarded to the team", "known issue", "forwarded to the developer", "developer is working on it" or "team is thinking about it" would be enough.
    So ppl can see what bugs are there or if the bug they have is a known thing or they have to report it etc. And we all have some more transparency and dont have to ask in alot of threads whats about this or that and then the thread gets locked because "necroing" and "bumping".... ^^
    Maldonia