[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[EVENT] August Booster Events

CuddleWingsCuddleWings
Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,605
Administrator
edited August 2 in Official News
Start August off right with empowering events!

cd3S0cwl.jpg

This month, enjoy increased server buffs and exclusive level up rewards on Radan and Raken servers. In addition, prepare for the return of the giant Rabbini! See below for more details.

Check it out here >> http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/24457

Comments

• HoneychyldHoneychyld
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565
    edited August 2
    Wow, giving away full Karasha set , Exalted weapon and jewelry? Pretty cheeky considering those on the other servers had work their behinds off to get that gear. :/
    ArynRipleyGrizzlyUKdaeniAzymionZuNamiCastanVaxyMattoSevenSeasMastas
  • ArynRipleyArynRipley
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,735
    edited August 3
    Hahahaha! I love your guys sense of humor!
    Wait.. that ... that isn't a joke?!?!
    Wow ... Pretty rude and unfair towards everyone on the old servers. Not just Karasha and exalted but also three relatively new shop familiars ....
    PperkEricDcMinimueckeGrizzlyUKdaeniAzymionZuNamiCastanVaxySevenSeasand 1 other.
  • EricDcEricDc
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 465
    edited August 3
    I wish I got a free lyrudis :(
    CastanKesstryl
  • TriceTrice
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,080
    edited August 3
    I dont even have the full exalted jewelry set or weapon on the older servers yet new players get them for free LOL, completely unfair
    GrizzlyUKHyenaArynRipleyZuNamiCastanMastas
  • AndanzasAndanzas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 330
    edited August 3
    CuddleWing, gian rabbini is for all the servers or just for the news one?
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,380
    edited August 3
    That's a real slap in the face to everyone on the older servers! Join the new servers and get full Karasha set , Exalted weapon and jewelry plus 3 familiars just for levelling! Meanwhile, everyone on the older servers just get server buffs and the return of the Giant Rabbini just 6 weeks after the previous Giant Rabbini event! :( Good to know how Nexon views the veteran players! So glad I decided not to give Nexon any more of my money!

Can't help but wonder if the new servers aren't doing too well and Nexon hopes this will attract players to join the new servers? *shrug*
    daeniArynRipleyZuNamiCastanVaxySevenSeasKesstrylMastas
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 3
    Andanzas wrote: »
    CuddleWing, gian rabbini is for all the servers or just for the news one?

All servers get both the Server Buffs and Return of the Giant Rabbini events, it's just the Level Up Rewards that are restricted to the new servers Radan and Raken.
  • SgtMadSgtMad
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    edited August 3
    Yes go everyone jump on the hate train to blame them for something.
    ArynRipley wrote: »
    Wow ... Pretty rude and unfair towards everyone on the old servers. Not just Karasha and exalted but also three relatively new shop familiars ....

Its not like everyone on the old servers got daily rewards that weren´t accesable for the new players because the server is 3-4 weeks old.

Honeychyld wrote: »
    Wow, giving away full Karasha set , Exalted weapon and jewelry? Pretty cheeky considering those on the other servers had work their behinds off to get that gear. :/

If you start on a server atm you have work behind getting your gear? Level to 60, have over 1k Gold from quests and get the stuff in the auction house. doesnt seem that hard to me. Karasha isnt that expensive and if you dont have enough money go to FOS with your starting gear and farm in under 4 hours your complete gear because you can buy it. And for leveling you get your heroic gear that is totally fine until 60.

The only reason that you can buy it on the new server Raken is that my group is farming dungeons/fractura since the start of the server and we decided to sell the karasha parts we dont need for around 35~50 gold each. so that everyone can get gear even if they dont have a static for dungeons. And yes thats alot of work too. So stop whining if they do something for new player on another server than yours.
    Trice wrote: »
    I dont even have the full exalted jewelry set or weapon on the older servers yet new players get them for free LOL, completely unfair

Thats only your own fault. You dont know how to be efficent in the game and i dont mean to play 12 hours a day and dont have a "real life". Nowadays its not that hard to get your gear together if you can buy everything from 40/50 coins, world boss vouchers and go fishing to get Complex Magic Dragon Essence. (Yes exalted is craftable too)
    Even on the new server there are a couple of people that have full exalted gear and they didnt have the option to buy it or to buy elloras fragments for their daily quests. As mentioned before its just "work" and grinding the dungeons. If you arent willing to do that dont jump on the hate train because new players get something for free.
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    Join the new servers and get full Karasha set , Exalted weapon and jewelry plus 3 familiars just for levelling! Meanwhile, everyone on the older servers just get server buffs and the return of the Giant Rabbini just 6 weeks after the previous Giant Rabbini event! :( Good to know how Nexon views the veteran players!

Just get sever buffs? the server buffs are huge.

So glad I decided not to give Nexon any more of my money!

You even gave them money and have it alot easier than f2p player? And still complaining about new players getting free stuff? Sry but thats kinda sad.

Our server Raken is pretty empty tbh. Maybe one reason is because of the bad advertisement they did. Its even much harder to find groups for new players and start farming gear so just let them have their free stuff.

Maybe you are wondering why im mad about these posts here? Because everyone is hating on them and the only reason is that another new server gets something that you dont have. Should i compare the servers again? Maybe you should read the announcement again and see that there is a damn op server buff and a rabbini event that you get on your server too? But no its always easier to just hate them if they do something for free.

• HoneychyldHoneychyld
    edited August 3
    SgtMad wrote: »

If you start on a server atm you have work behind getting your gear? Level to 60, have over 1k Gold from quests and get the stuff in the auction house. doesnt seem that hard to me. Karasha isnt that expensive and if you dont have enough money go to FOS with your starting gear and farm in under 4 hours your complete gear because you can buy it. And for leveling you get your heroic gear that is totally fine until 60.

The only reason that you can buy it on the new server Raken is that my group is farming dungeons/fractura since the start of the server and we decided to sell the karasha parts we dont need for around 35~50 gold each. so that everyone can get gear even if they dont have a static for dungeons. And yes thats alot of work too. So stop whining if they do something for new player on another server than yours.

Maybe you are wondering why im mad about these posts here? Because everyone is hating on them and the only reason is that another new server gets something that you dont have. Should i compare the servers again? Maybe you should read the announcement again and see that there is a damn op server buff and a rabbini event that you get on your server too? But no its always easier to just hate them if they do something for free.

Leveling to 60, farming gold and buying it on auction is NOT getting it handed to you for free. It doesn't matter whether it's expensive or not, those servers get it for doing practically nothing. Server buffs and a silly event where the rewards are nothing special, is a far cry from getting a full set of gear without barely lifting a finger.
    GrizzlyUKCastan
  • CastanCastan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 820
    edited August 3
    This event is completely unfair, as these are prizes that we would of had to pay real money for or farm for the gold. Even with our daily rewards we rarely get anything like this. Why do they get free exalted items when we still only get free karasha unless you use monthly reward writs. A free lyrudis and maid daveen? Where's the good stuff for those who have been loyal. :(
    GrizzlyUKVaxyHoneychyldAzymionSevenSeas
  • VaxyVaxy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,385
    edited August 3
    Well, not a big surprise. Rare have I seen the veteran players on any "Korean Game" Get treated with respect. Who the heck do you think are buying your crap... not the new players.
    Honeychyld
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 3
    SgtMad wrote: »
    Yes go everyone jump on the hate train to blame them for something.

Its not like everyone on the old servers got daily rewards that weren´t accesable for the new players because the server is 3-4 weeks old.

Trice wrote: »

Thats only your own fault. You dont know how to be efficent in the game and i dont mean to play 12 hours a day and dont have a "real life". Nowadays its not that hard to get your gear together if you can buy everything from 40/50 coins, world boss vouchers and go fishing to get Complex Magic Dragon Essence. (Yes exalted is craftable too)
    Even on the new server there are a couple of people that have full exalted gear and they didnt have the option to buy it or to buy elloras fragments for their daily quests. As mentioned before its just "work" and grinding the dungeons. If you arent willing to do that dont jump on the hate train because new players get something for free.
    Join the new servers and get full Karasha set , Exalted weapon and jewelry plus 3 familiars just for levelling! Meanwhile, everyone on the older servers just get server buffs and the return of the Giant Rabbini just 6 weeks after the previous Giant Rabbini event! :( Good to know how Nexon views the veteran players!

Just get sever buffs? the server buffs are huge.

So glad I decided not to give Nexon any more of my money!

You even gave them money and have it alot easier than f2p player? And still complaining about new players getting free stuff? Sry but thats kinda sad.

Our server Raken is pretty empty tbh. Maybe one reason is because of the bad advertisement they did. Its even much harder to find groups for new players and start farming gear so just let them have their free stuff.

So you're complaining about people complaining? Way to go to miss the point entirely! I think Honeychyld covers it fairly well, as for the Server Buffs those are on ALL servers (along with a bonus to the Server Buffs on the new servers), so everyone benefits from those! Then there's the Return of the Giant Rabbini, which was last seen on the old servers way back in June 2017! :*

If your new server is lacking player population that's because Nexon know there are too few players but they opened new servers anyway! They even merged two NA servers just 4 weeks before opening the new ones! Players said it was a bad idea to open new servers because the player population wasn't high enough on the existing servers, but Nexon went ahead anyways. So now they seem to be trying to attract players over to the new servers which means the old servers will suffer with even lower player population!

Yes, I've paid for Premium and purchased some other items. That does not mean I'm no longer allowed to complain about anything, if I feel I'm not getting value for my money I'm going to let Nexon know that! I still have to work at getting all my characters equipped with full Karasha set , Exalted weapons and jewelry. On the new servers now you just have to level and get given full Karasha set , Exalted weapons and jewelry along with Karasha, Panos, Karasha the Darling, Lyrudis, Aethorus and Maid Daveen without having to do anything other than level normally! That includes familiars that are not cheap to acquire on the old servers, whether in gold from the auction or in real money! Also note that these rewards are per character, which just adds to the insult by Nexon!
    HoneychyldAzymionArynRipleySevenSeas
  • DatZebraDatZebra
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,110
    edited August 3
    this is not an unfair limited time, based on level, event - this is a way to give players an incentive to populate the new servers - seems to me that when the original servers came out, there were 'founders' incentives to get things rolling; this is something along those lines

happy hunting ^^
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    edited August 3
    DatZebra wrote: »
    this is not an unfair limited time, based on level, event - this is a way to give players an incentive to populate the new servers - seems to me that when the original servers came out, there were 'founders' incentives to get things rolling; this is something along those lines

happy hunting ^^

Well I just started a new Trickster on my server, yet because I am on Baellus, I don't have the privilege of a free set of gear? I'm sure there are tons of players who have main characters on that server, who have also started a new Trickster , or other classes( I have seen them), yet we still have to bust our behinds to get what the new servers are getting for free?

Tell me how that is, in any way, fair?
    VaxyAzymionArynRipley
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,585
    edited August 3
    Older players I guess get 7D prem and 100 elluns...in packs of 5 over 20 days or was that from the Maint..? I'm not pissed more of an upset honestly, knowing the game I thought they were reselling these mounts but found out there giving away stuff we had to pay for and grind for, ouch man...That's pain
  • ANIMEniacANIMEniac
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 215
    edited August 3
    No one is stopping you from playing on the new server to get these free stuff.

I think it's a great way to really get people interested in trying new server (or start fresh). The older servers have had lots of time to develop and build an economy. Do you expect all players on a new server to be able to obtain all the resources the other servers have in a reasonable amount of time?

New players will be able to get equipped much sooner to be more proficient for grouping and tackling the content. Most of the older players complaining now were able to gather their items as they came out with each update (or easily obtain them through economy). Without these items to help them, much of the end-game content would be too difficult to get through.
    AzymionNia
  • PperkPperk
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,260
    edited August 3
    Azymion wrote: »
    Older players I guess get 7D prem and 100 elluns...in packs of 5 over 20 days or was that from the Maint..? I'm not pissed more of an upset honestly, knowing the game I thought they were reselling these mounts but found out there giving away stuff we had to pay for and grind for, ouch man...That's pain

those gifts are for the disconnects
    Azymion
  • xy44xy44
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,400
    edited August 3
    To me, Nexon are getting pretty desperate I think......

Really Just fix other issues and millions would come running. - turn all those really negative game reviews around to good reviews... All you need to do is listen to your playerbase!.

Easy!
    Kesstryl
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,180
    edited August 4
    Hahahaha! I love your guys sense of humor!
    Wait.. that ... that isn't a joke?!?!

I agree.

I can see them giving the Karasha gear to help the new servers "catch up", but exalted gear is current end-game gear. I think the lv 50 rewards (exalted gear) and the lv55 rewards (the 3 cash shop legendary familiars) should also be offered to the old servers.
    GrizzlyUK
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 5
    DatZebra wrote: »

happy hunting ^^
    ANIMEniac wrote: »
    No one is stopping you from playing on the new server to get these free stuff.

I think it's a great way to really get people interested in trying new server (or start fresh). The older servers have had lots of time to develop and build an economy. Do you expect all players on a new server to be able to obtain all the resources the other servers have in a reasonable amount of time?

New players will be able to get equipped much sooner to be more proficient for grouping and tackling the content. Most of the older players complaining now were able to gather their items as they came out with each update (or easily obtain them through economy). Without these items to help them, much of the end-game content would be too difficult to get through.

ALL servers have low player population, but now Nexon (and some players) are trying to encourage players to switch to the new servers and basically abandon the old servers? :/

This is nothing like the Founders Packs which had to be purchased with real money! If Nexon were charging real money for all these items then maybe you could compare it to the Founders Packs.

Yes, the "older servers have had lots of time to develop and build an economy" which is something that takes time and effort from the players on the server.

Some of the familiars that Nexon are giving away for free on the new servers had to be purchased with real money and/or gold on the old servers. Those that were purchased from the cash shop also had a "one purchase per account" restriction so they could only be acquired on one character. There have been many requests from players for that restriction to be either removed or changed to "one purchase per character" with a lower price along with requests/suggestions for an account-wide familiar collection so that those "one purchase per account" cash shop familiars would be available to all characters on a players account, but so far Nexon have done nothing other than ignore all these requests and suggestions!

Players on the old servers have had to invest time, effort and possibly real money (for the familiars) to acquire full Karasha set, Exalted weapons and jewelry on each of their characters! Players on the new servers just have to level and receive the items for free. Nexon have even made that much easier on the new servers with the "Obtained Character EXP increased by 20%" from the Server Buff Event, plus the additional "Obtained Character EXP increased by 30%" on the new servers. So players on the new servers get a 50% increase to Obtained Character EXP, Taming Chance and Tempering Chance! Just going to clarify at this point that I'm not complaining about these buffs, I'm simply pointing out how easy it is for players on the new servers to level their characters to receive the free gifts!

Maybe if Nexon were to do something similar for players on the old servers then this wouldn't seem so bad! :/ But it is what it is, seems like we're no longer allowed to voice our opinions or let Nexon know that we're not happy with some of their decisions. :(
    KesstrylArynRipley
This discussion has been closed.