[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Gems (Ruby I), (Sapphire I), etc; Where are they?

CharonCharon
Riders of Icarus Rep: 405
edited August 5 in Crafting and Tempering
So I recently leveled my Jewelry Craft to level 4 and since there are only 2 base recipes available, I was wondering this:

I know I can buy more recipes from the Jewelry Merchant, but when I look at the ingredients, it includes something which I have no idea how to obtain.

So my question is:

Where do you get the base bracelet gems from?

Example: Ruby (Physical Attack I)

I see in the Merchant recipes that crafting a "Ruby II (Physical Attack II)" requires:
Ruby (Physical Attack I) x3
Gem Polisher x5

I know you buy the Gem Polisher from the NPC, but where in the world do you get the Ruby, Sapphire, and other gems in their base form (Ruby I), (Sapphire I); Etc?

Cause googling gives me nothing about it, and I can't seem to find it anywhere in the forum via the search function, so I don't know if I am googling the wrong thing, or if there is no information on it, or if there is no way to acquire them. Could someone please help me?

Comments

• NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,795
    edited August 5
    Don't bother with gem recipes.
    Just buy Kherim ore recipes in Stygaea they are lv4 as well. Less expensive in the long run.^^
  • CharonCharon
    edited August 5
    Does that require me to go and get killed in PvP? Cause I am not the biggest fan of PvP ^^;
  • NeoseptemNeoseptem
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,795
    edited August 5
    No, you can buy recipes at Freeman Village for gold. Kherim ore can be simply collected or dropped from mobs.
    No need to participate in PVP activities. Just be careful not to run around Stygaea when Manastone battle stats. XD
  • CharonCharon
    edited August 5
    Oh, thank god. I more or less suck at PvP so I have never been able to get into it too much. Thanks for helping out, I thought I'd be stuck on crafting forever haha.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,615
    edited August 5
    To answer the inital question, the gems I you can get as drop in some dungeons and even as normal drops from monsters/elite mobs. Or you can go to the lucky gem box merchant in the market ditrict and buy boxes. For me it was easier to use the mysterious fragments and use that to master stage 4 of jewelry crafting ^^
  • CharonCharon
    edited August 5
    Thank you for answering my original question. :D

That helps a lot. Thank you.

Is there an effective way to get Mysterious Fragments? I've been farming random mobs and doing the daily quests for material boxes in hopes of getting a Mysterious Fragment box. xD
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,615
    edited August 10
    Sadly its just farming randommobs. They can drop quite often in ellora sanctuary, in the shady warrens and in dungeons (i saw some in fractura aswell). Dunno about akrat, because i dont do daily quests there and while leveling i dont rly cared ^^