[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - August 10, 2017

CuddleWingsCuddleWings
Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,600
Administrator
edited August 10 in Official News
The Schedule Maintenance is now complete. However, if you are using the Nexon Launcher, we recommend running a repair installation in order to update the game properly. Please follow the steps below:

1. Be sure to be logged out of the game.
2. Go to the Riders of Icarus game page on the Nexon Launcher.
3. Click on "Game Settings".
5tLPJrdl.png

4. Go to the "Repair/Uninstall" section and click "Repair Installation".
b7MWQgTl.jpg

5. Click "Okay" and it will verify you game client files. Patching should begin immediately after. Allow this to complete and log back in.

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, August 10, 2017. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 5 hours. Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

August 10, 2017
  • Pacific Daylight Time: 5:00 AM – 10:00 AM
  • Eastern Daylight Time: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
  • Central European Standard Time: 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM
  • Australian Eastern Daylight Time: 10:00 PM – 3:00 AM [August 11]

Website login and the billing system will be unavailable during the following times. During these time you will not be able to purchase NX or view previous purchases:
  • Pacific Daylight Time: 5:00 AM – 8:30 AM
  • Eastern Daylight Time: 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM
  • Central European Standard Time: 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM
  • Australian Eastern Daylight Time: 10:00 PM – 1:30 AM [August 11]

What will be unavailable:
  • All Riders of Icarus game servers.

Details:
  • Changes and Updates
  • Fixed Issues
    • The Lv. 55 Stygaea Trickster Box will no longer drop items for classes other than the Trickster.
  • Known Issues
    • Woden’s shop is incorrectly labeled “Salvage Certificate Shop”. Woden only accepts Shiny Fishing Marks for his items.
Necros79JawersComini

Comments

• faruk_omerfaruk_omer
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 550
    edited August 10
  • myrradiggimyrradiggi
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 205
    edited August 10
    So have u fixet the BUG Rashine Flower when u pick that u get Taramun Herb ?????????????
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,845
    edited August 10
    myrradiggi wrote: »
    So have u fixet the BUG Rashine Flower when u pick that u get Taramun Herb ?????????????

Why they should since are mostly used on lv6 crafting? Was last of the problems these herbs. :)
  • CuddleWingsCuddleWings
    Administrator
    edited August 10
    The maintenance is being extended by 1 hour and is expected to end by (11 AM PT/ 2 PM ET/ 8 PM CEST/ 4 AM AEST).
    Thank you for your patience.
  • ShreddyShreddy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,095
    edited August 10
    of course it is.... of course it is. we've come to expect it so no worries what so ever. by the by.... any idea what Trickster Disguise does and where i can get a Radiant Potion for my level 58 trickster skill?
  • myrradiggimyrradiggi
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 205
    edited August 10
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    myrradiggi wrote: »

Why they should since are mostly used on lv6 crafting? Was last of the problems these herbs. :)

still a bug they should FIX
    daeni
  • CuddleWingsCuddleWings
    Administrator
    edited August 10
    The maintenance is being extended by an additional hour and is expected to end by (12 PM PT/ 3 PM ET/ 9 PM CEST/ 5 AM AEST).
  • ShreddyShreddy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,095
    edited August 10
    lol.... mind if i can get some answers to my questions? been asking in game and no one seems to have a clue
  • MeepzMeepz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 930
    edited August 10
    Will Timers on items also be extended? I have that pink trainer outfit on and literally only a day left on it, thanks!
  • VaxyVaxy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,385
    edited August 10
    Muhahaha good old Nexon never a dull moment lol.
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,305
    edited August 10
    Yeah, well if i had a dime for every time they ran out one of my timers, or ate into my premium....all for extended maint or game crashing issues. :/

There goes my premium compensation they handed out. Really wish they'd mention this when they announce maint to correct bugs at least a day before so we can adjust our own schedules around this. If I'd have had any idea i wouldn't have used the 7 day yesterday and would have waited until after this maint today to activate it.
    GrizzlyUK
  • CuddleWingsCuddleWings
    Administrator
    edited August 10
    The Schedule Maintenance is now complete. However, if you are using the Nexon Launcher, we recommend running a repair installation in order to update the game properly. Please follow the steps below:

1. Be sure to be logged out of the game.
    2. Go to the Riders of Icarus game page on the Nexon Launcher.
    3. Click on "Game Settings".
    5tLPJrdl.png

4. Go to the "Repair/Uninstall" section and click "Repair Installation".
    b7MWQgTl.jpg

5. Click "Okay" and it will verify you game client files. Patching should begin immediately after. Allow this to complete and log back in.
  • xy44xy44
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,390
    edited August 10
    @cuddlewings earlier the nexon client loaded up and verified all files.. then I hit play and am in game fine. - how do I know if this is right or not? ~(as it did not download anything)??

Also where is "Woden" the new angler NPC.. cant find him in plazza. thanks
    Comini
  • CuddleWingsCuddleWings
    Administrator
    edited August 10
    xy44 wrote: »
    @cuddlewings earlier the nexon client loaded up and verified all files.. then I hit play and am in game fine. - how do I know if this is right or not? ~(as it did not download anything)??

Also where is "Woden" the new angler NPC.. cant find him in plazza. thanks

If you didn't see anything update you need to log out and perform the repair installation.
    Woden is right next to the fishing NPC in Victory Plaza. :-)
    Comini
  • sourisduloiretsourisduloiret
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 590
    edited August 10
    sorry dont understand. when i log in game no update that all..... i need to do your instruction ?
  • CastanCastan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 820
    edited August 10
    @CuddleWings
    Even after following the directions on the post about the patcher keep telling me it is unable to install the games patch. Please help.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,380
    edited August 10
    daeni wrote: »
    Yeah, well if i had a dime for every time they ran out one of my timers, or ate into my premium....all for extended maint or game crashing issues. :/

There goes my premium compensation they handed out. Really wish they'd mention this when they announce maint to correct bugs at least a day before so we can adjust our own schedules around this. If I'd have had any idea i wouldn't have used the 7 day yesterday and would have waited until after this maint today to activate it.

They post a warning about a 10GB download at 1:24 AM of the day it's happening! :o But they think that adding "We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your patience." makes it all OK? Nexon, you have abused my patience far too much recently and I am now all out of patience with Nexon!

This sort of thing should be announced at least 48 hours prior to it happening! Not everyone around the world has super fast broadband that can download 10GB in less than 30 minutes! For the vast majority of players a 10GB download takes several hours and means we cannot download anything else so as to avoid slowing down that massive download! I had to download the entire game TWICE last month due to Nexon screw-ups, now this? Where's the compensation for all this time I've lost on my PAID premium? :s

Nexon just continues to show why they are the absolute worst in the world! :s

EDIT: I started the download and after an hour it's up to 5%! :( Going tp pause it until later so I can get on with playing other games that do work and will resume this download just before I go to bed. At 5% per hour that's another 19 hours to go! :( :'( There'd better be some damn mind-blowing compensation for Nexon pulling this crap with such little warning!
    daeniMastas
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,180
    edited August 10
    It auto-patched for me. It was only around 500Mb patch. I didn't repair or anything (I only read this thread now after everything was done), but the game launched fine and I see the new NPC so I think it patched succesfully.

In my case, the launcher was already up cause I was playing Vindictus. I noticed it was patching something and found out it was patching RoI, but was stuck at 78%. So I restarted the launcher and it gave me the update button. I clicked the button and it completed the update in a couple seconds. No 10Gb download nor repair required for me.

WARNING: You will get 2 compensation items (a familiar EXP pack and 100% health potion pack). This is given to the first character you log in with, so make sure you first log in on the character you want to receive the compensation.
    GrizzlyUK
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,380
    edited August 10
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    It auto-patched for me. It was only around 500Mb patch. I didn't repair or anything (I only rad this thread now), but the game launched fine and I see the new NPC.

In my case, the launcher was already up cause I was playing Vindictus. I noticed it was patching something and found out it was patching RoI, but was stuck at 78%. So I restarted the launcher and it gave me the update button. I clicked it and it completed the updated a couple seconds. No 10Gb download nor repair required for me.

Then you need to follow the instructions to do the repair because I'm getting a 10.1GB download and if you *only* got around a 500 mb patch that may mean you're missing some stuff that may just result in a completely broken game later! Obviously it's up to you, but it may be better to run the repair to get the proper download now rather than believe it's all OK and have to download the entire game at a later date to fix everything. *shrug*
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,180
    edited August 10
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    Then you need to follow the instructions to do the repair because I'm getting a 10.1GB download and if you *only* got around a 500 mb patch that may mean you're missing some stuff that may just result in a completely broken game later! Obviously it's up to you, but it may be better to run the repair to get the proper download now rather than believe it's all OK and have to download the entire game at a later date to fix everything. *shrug*

Well fixing everything means redownloading 10GB, so it will be no worse than redownloading 10GB now. I see the new NPC, so I suspect it patched ok. Plus I suspect a lot of players are like me and auto-patched without reading this thread and if everything patches and launches fine for them, they wouldn't even be reading this thread. (I only read this because it stalled at 78% the first time and I wanted to see if this was a known problem.)
    Maldonia
This discussion has been closed.