[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Can we get some higher lvl temper stones already?

AellaeAellae
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,820
Posts: 273
Member
edited August 11 in Suggestions and Feedback
I mean seriously, 76% Temper bonus, and a Lv. 170 is still "Low" Chance on a +20 Elder Crossbow...


IBfLewC.png


Time to give us some higher level stones guys... or oh, idk, redesign the system so we dont have to use such outrageously high stones?

An item that's 110 levels higher than the gear piece being "low chance" is absurd! Between this and the numerous identical items that have different item codes for what ever reason (hint: untradeable unsellable familiar exp pots, hint: various lv 12x, lv 14x, lv 15x, lv 16x, lv 17k temper stones), there's so much junk coding in this game.

daeniMadDog68

Comments

  • W00H00TW00H00T
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 117
    Member
    edited August 11
    ^ This
    daeni
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 253
    Member
    edited August 11
    someone was writing on the forums that nexon has nerfed lots of stuff for our market.
    we are supposed to have lv6 crafting by now
    we are supposed to have lv200+ tempering stones by now
    familiar farm fishing
    etc...
    they are just modifying this game so hard, but its visible when they forget a place or two. Also watching loot from eastern servers on youtube might make local players cry :D
    daeni
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,820
    Posts: 273
    Member
    edited August 11
    yvadim wrote: »
    someone was writing on the forums that nexon has nerfed lots of stuff for our market.
    we are supposed to have lv6 crafting by now
    we are supposed to have lv200+ tempering stones by now
    familiar farm fishing
    etc...
    they are just modifying this game so hard, but its visible when they forget a place or two. Also watching loot from eastern servers on youtube might make local players cry :D

    I often wonder about that, like, are the legendary transcending stones suppose to be in the npcs inventory? Or even the Legendary Refining Stones for that matter.

    Also, why haven't we received the level 6 crafting when it appears that it was suppose to be introduced with the Ellora's Sanctuary update. I just don't understand their logic.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,630
    Posts: 660
    Member
    edited August 12
    do you guys know for sure that the original version with level 60 got all the high stones they have now?!
    I mean common guys, these are different "patchversions"....the original game is now there for YEARS, and we only have a year past....sure will catch up maybe but dont ask for stuff they maybe didnt had where they were at the same patchversion we are now.

    Only thing i agree is the level 6 crafting, i mean we are level 60 and it should have come by then.


    btw the Elders Crossbow is the first legendary lvl 60 Item, shouldnt it be "hard" to achieve the max level and ideal stats for this "end game item" ?
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,820
    Posts: 273
    Member
    edited August 14
    Runi wrote: »

    btw the Elders Crossbow is the first legendary lvl 60 Item, shouldnt it be "hard" to achieve the max level and ideal stats for this "end game item" ?

    There is no challenge in throwing 2 weeks worth of grinded elluns at an item and not getting any result. I do not believe this falls into the "end game challenge" category man, it's just a blatant mechanic to get people to waste money on elluns. Have you got an Elders Crossbow or Lance yet?

    Their temper system is asinine. I mean.. a temper stone that is 110 levels higher than said item gives a "low" chance? And what exactly is "low" considering i've seen an item with "normal" eat literally 300+ stones and not get to +15. Game Mechanics such as this is what guarantees to get people to quit, i mean, don't get me wrong, I love wasting a half hour clicking the temper button, and not getting an item even to 15... but seriously, they need to tell us the % chance. They never will over course because there would be an insane amount of backlash, but that should tell them something about how garbage the system is.

    The next shining stone I throw at it will be the 3rd attempt at +21, and I'll be honest, the inability to even grind for the items i need to temper this up is really having an effect on my motivation to even continue playing this game. I have a pretty strong will too, I'm sure the vast majority of people will just stop playing when they come up against a wall like this.
    daeni
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,630
    Posts: 660
    Member
    edited August 15
    sure i have an elders lance and it will stay at +15 till we get new dungeons and stuff where we get higher stones to temper it better. It was always hard to get the best item over +15 or so. First exalted came out it was hard too, now with lvl 60 and the new map we have 170 stones en masse to better temper the items. If you want the best of the best at max level before all other you have to "pay the price" or just wait till you get better stuff in a later patch ;-)
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,820
    Posts: 273
    Member
    edited August 16
    Runi wrote: »
    sure i have an elders lance and it will stay at +15 till we get new dungeons and stuff where we get higher stones to temper it better. It was always hard to get the best item over +15 or so. First exalted came out it was hard too, now with lvl 60 and the new map we have 170 stones en masse to better temper the items. If you want the best of the best at max level before all other you have to "pay the price" or just wait till you get better stuff in a later patch ;-)

    Or they can actually release the stuff we are suppose to get when we are suppose to get it, instead of holding it back!

    Case in point: Level 6 crafting. We were suppose to get that with the level 50 Ellora's patch (considering the recipes were dropping in Ellora's Sanctuary). Now here we are with a 60 patch, and still can't do level 6 crafting! If they hold back that, what makes you think they haven't nerfed the types of Tempering stones we have access too?

    Oh and by the way, look at what we got in the new lucky boxes, convenient, isn't it? Something I've noticed over the past few weeks, I'm not getting the same level of Shiny Stones from familiar adventures. (3 characters, 3 adventures each, with of the area heroics or legendary- every 10-12 hours) It makes sense now why the familiar adventures were broken the other week, probably because they were ninja nerfing the drops, it appears to me that they lowered the chance of Shiny stones.

    You can justify it to yourself anyway you like, but that doesn't make it right, and they are hemorrhaging players by using such business practices. I understand they need to make money, but figure out a better method of Monetization!
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,630
    Posts: 660
    Member
    edited August 16
    we never were supposed to get lvl 6 crafting with lvl 50....if you correctly followed the updates, you got stage 4 crafting with lvl 40, stage 5 with level 50 and stage 6 could fit for level 60.
    About the recipes: as i said we have a lower version than the original version has. Maybe they added higher recipes to ellora in their higher version, so it wasnt meant to be there if lvl 50/55 is max level. The team explained this problem the same way "recipes shouldnt drop, sorry about that" (you cant imagine that you even can drop lvl 60 legendary gear in legendary lvl 40 dungeons in the original version and a completly other droptable for dungeons because they got more functions in their version in a later state of the game)
    About familiar adventure same like everythign else, something has to get cut if you dont want to have all the content the level 67 original version has, so that the progress is normal like the original version had with lvl 60 aswell. (i think if you rly want you can google and find out what they had and not had with our content version...and it will be almost similiar to what we have atm )
    And i still get every second/third adventure the 30% shiny temp stones...so nothing changed there for me. Maybe just bad luck for you ;-)

    About making money, i think they make enough money from lucky boxes because ppl are willing to pay 300 € and more just to get the best and sweetest mounts in there. ^^
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,820
    Posts: 273
    Member
    edited August 16
    Runi wrote: »
    we never were supposed to get lvl 6 crafting with lvl 50....if you correctly followed the updates, you got stage 4 crafting with lvl 40, stage 5 with level 50 and stage 6 could fit for level 60.
    About the recipes: as i said we have a lower version than the original version has. Maybe they added higher recipes to ellora in their higher version, so it wasnt meant to be there if lvl 50/55 is max level. The team explained this problem the same way "recipes shouldnt drop, sorry about that" (you cant imagine that you even can drop lvl 60 legendary gear in legendary lvl 40 dungeons in the original version and a completly other droptable for dungeons because they got more functions in their version in a later state of the game)

    About familiar adventure same like everythign else, something has to get cut if you dont want to have all the content the level 67 original version has, so that the progress is normal like the original version had with lvl 60 aswell. (i think if you rly want you can google and find out what they had and not had with our content version...and it will be almost similiar to what we have atm )
    And i still get every second/third adventure the 30% shiny temp stones...so nothing changed there for me. Maybe just bad luck for you ;-)

    About making money, i think they make enough money from lucky boxes because ppl are willing to pay 300 € and more just to get the best and sweetest mounts in there. ^^

    Well i hope those people that are willing to pay 300+ on lucky boxes also enjoy playing with themselves, because all these throttles are killing their population at a steady rate.

    All you've clarified to me is that there are fan boys in every game, and the publisher can do no wrong in said fanboys eyes, am I right? I've been around the block a few times, and it's always the case. What are you basing this "we have lower versions" on anyway? Obviously we are behind the KR version, this is 95% the case when it comes to these KR -> Na/EU ports, but they are going beyond that and altering what we have access to in said patches in order to hopefully bolster their cash shop, and probably artificially extend the life of the game ~it ain't right man, i don't care how you attempt to excuse them, I'm not buying it, no pun intended. I'm 99% sure they didn't add the recipes at a later version that somehow got put on our Ellora's Sancturay patch? (Seriously man, think about what you're proposing, it makes ZERO sense considering the reduction in drop rates as you go beyond 3 levels of the mob. Not only this, but I've heard that if you don't get the grilled dragon feast recipe when you are 55, you can not go back and get it. I've not confirmed this, considering I have always made sure I got said recipe.. but can you see what I'm Saying?

    What logic does it serve to hold back the crafting? All the recipes have a level 55 requirement, so I know for a fact they didn't "add it with 67" in the original version like you're claiming.... Hell the Grilled Holy Dragon Feast is a level 50 recipe..

    I'm not sure why they meddle with these things, other than they are trying to artificially extend the life of the game. I wish they would just release the patches as they should be, matching the KR version, and the intended original developers design- by doing this, it would force the developer to continue to develop content for the game. The recipes wouldn't drop in ellora's sanctuary if we weren't meant to have them at 55, just as the meat that said recipes uses is from Ellora's sanctuary, yet we are suppose to get level 6 crafting at level 67? #fanboylogic

    I didn't say it wasn't possible to receive the shiny stones either, just that the frequency of receiving them has been noticeably lowered. I call "from the hip" statistics on your supposed every second or third adventure giving them. If that was the case, we wouldn't even be talking about them considering the volume of these adventures i send out (3 per character, for 3 characters, so 9 adventures every 8-12 hours?) If it was every second or third adventure, i'd be seeing more than I am.

    Justify it however you like, but they are slowly killing the game by throttling the content the way they are, I'm 90% sure the only reason a good number people are still playing this is because there isn't much else out there in the genre of F2P mmos. I mean, really what is there? In addition to this, we have the guild factor, which, guess what, if the relationship is that strong, they will easily leave together for that new game, it's not restricted to only ROI, and that is often the case with many guilds and groups. It's true that guilds keep people playing a game longer than they would solo, but it's a double edge sword, because once a person of that guild finds a more satisfying way to spend the down time, well they just lost that whole chunk of people.

    Edited by Moderator
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 19,945
    Posts: 2,885
    Forum Moderator
    edited August 16
    Lets take this a notch down and make sure not to call names or flame other members/discussions. Argue and debate peacefully. ;)

    @Aellae

    Do not try to bypass filters by adding characters in order to use tasteless language. Follow forums rules at all times, Rider!
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,820
    Posts: 273
    Member
    edited August 16
    Cream wrote: »
    Lets take this a notch down and make sure not to call names or flame other members/discussions. Argue and debate peacefully. ;)

    @Aellae

    Do not try to bypass filters by adding characters in order to use tasteless language. Follow forums rules at all times, Rider!

    Thank you for the censorship. You know what I do with games that needlessly censor conversations between adults? I stop supporting them fiscally . So congratulations on becoming another game that has lost the interest of my wallet. I self censored the "tasteless" word you mentioned, and you went above and beyond and cut out my entire sentence, not just the CENSORED WORD IN QUESTION. Gj Cream, you lost them a paying customer.

    I really wish I saw what that other part of your response was at, but sadly, i can't, surely that wasn't for me.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,630
    Posts: 660
    Member
    edited 3:35PM
    i just want to leave one more text here:

    i am no fanboy of nexon nor this game! Sure i like to play it. It doesnt mean someone is a fanboy if he/she has another opinion than you have!

    But i am familiar with the work because i work in the IT-sector. And you learn that there will always be bugs and problems but raging about something which is maybe not their fault is somehow idiotic for me. Its the same with insulting support staff for a bad programmed game and the only thing they can do is give the infos to the programmers. They cant fix buges themselfs and are sometimes outsourced support staff and not even working in the developer/publisher-company. So at the end i know that its sometimes difficult to get something done in the IT because of different task for different groups of ppl/companys. I dont say it is a good thing, but i wont rage about something either even if sometimes bugs can rly hurt your gaming experience ^^

    (btw i never said they added it with lvl 67 in the original version, learn to read...i just said "maybe at a later version" )
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,820
    Posts: 273
    Member
    edited 4:19PM
    Runi wrote: »
    i just want to leave one more text here:

    i am no fanboy of nexon nor this game! Sure i like to play it. It doesnt mean someone is a fanboy if he/she has another opinion than you have!

    But i am familiar with the work because i work in the IT-sector. And you learn that there will always be bugs and problems but raging about something which is maybe not their fault is somehow idiotic for me.

    A bug... you're telling me that we don't have level 6 crafting, or usable temper stones... because of bugs and bad programming? I don't think so fanboy. We don't have them because they have a laid out progression plan for their cash shop. The latest Mini Lucky box supports this statement..
    Runi wrote: »
    Its the same with insulting support staff for a bad programmed game and the only thing they can do is give the infos to the programmers.
    They cant fix buges themselfs and are sometimes outsourced support staff and not even working in the developer/publisher-company. So at the end i know that its sometimes difficult to get something done in the IT because of different task for different groups of ppl/companys. I dont say it is a good thing, but i wont rage about something either even if sometimes bugs can rly hurt your gaming experience ^^
    (btw i never said they added it with lvl 67 in the original version, learn to read...i just said "maybe at a later version" )


    Who insulted the support staff for bad programming? If you're implying i did, you need to take your own advice buddy, because what I said was neither an insult, nor had anything to do with bad programming. Considering it's the only later version I'm aware of, what else was I suppose to think?

    Justify it however you like fanboy, the fact remains they are slowing killing their game by making these decisions.