[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

No Respect When Taming in Stygaea

Dr3adD4oraDr3adD4ora
Riders of Icarus Rep: 420
edited August 12 in PVP
Every time I or my friends go to Stygaea to tame the familiars there, we always get ganged up on by players from Teleo and Radan. It seems ever since a few certain players started this whole "hate and kill everything on sight" thing, people have little to no respect for those who are only trying to tame. Barely anyone I know in my server goes to Stygaea to even attempt to tame the beasts there because of the nonsense we encounter. Just today, me and several players from Baellas were going after Jami for tames, when players from Teleo started killing everyone. It turned into a mad slaughter house. And then they turned around and started accusing us for attacking them when we were only after Jamirot. I was watching my guys and the others not in my party. No one even attacked them. Any attacks that may have hit them were AOE's focused on Jamirot. Don't even get me started on when someone is on Jami, or any of the familiars. They can get killed, lose the tame, and have to start over from ground 0. This is ridiculous!
daeni

Comments

• daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,935
    edited August 12
    i think maybe they might want to consider an option where if you aren't actively wanting pvp action, you turn off something so no one can kill you if the only thing you want is the taming of those familiars there.

This really has been an issue and one of the main reason i don't go there. WITH THE HOURS I PLAY DURING I TEND TO...ATTRACT ACTION I DON'T WANT.

Some think its a free-for-all in gaining pvp achievements at your expense. If that option were available and i know you're going to flame this idea; others would risk taming there more often.
    Never understood why they never added the ability to not participate, since they saw the need to add familiars there just to cause this problem. Having an event adds to this already messed up system.

One time i went there a few months back and i saw the horn announce...:Good, fresh meat." It left me wondering wth. :D

A couple weeks ago i saw a post where someone asked about taming in those pvp areas. It was suggested that they could with no worries if they chose to do it when there was no Manastaone... The actual phrasing was that it was safer to be honest. Well this clearly shows that isn't the case and there should be worries about being targets and for good reason.

When its part of your achievements to kill different classes for rewards and Elluns under combat in that menu then it seems reasonable that this would become a problem for those that don't want pvp, but are faced with the need to gain those familiars that the powers that be put in there for the sheer hell of it. It's all about dangling that carrot in front of us in the Bestiary.

Most don't seem to care even if you say that you're only there for the heroics.
    Dr3adD4ora
  • Dr3adD4oraDr3adD4ora
    edited August 12
    Precisely. While some may say otherwise, having an option would be more appealing. Like if you're in a group with 1 or more members from the other server(s) you & they would not be victim to being harassed and bombarded with the slaughter fest. Like with WoW, how they had an option that prevents you from being targeted after a certain time of being 'prime meat'. And if you're already on a mount, you should be target-able to other PvP players who want your skin.
    And that is ridiculous. Hearing a shout like that and not know what it refers to until it's too late for ya.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,205
    edited August 13
    these familiars are there for a reason....they have stats for better PVP if you ride them or have them as pets....
    So taming them means you are in a pvp zone and you want a mount for pvp...So why shouldnt there be a fight for it? thats the whole reason for pvp -> have something to fight for!
    I myself dont like pvp in this game, so i dont go there. But if i want to tame something its NORMAL that you could be killed, so if you want the familiar bad enought, get help and gather some ppl to fight for you while you are taming it.

And as i said, i dont pvp either...i am more of a carebare in this game atm, and i still dont think an option to "disable pvp" in a pvp zone is a good idea....i mean everyone would go in there and turn it off oO so its no pvp map anymore!
    NiaBRK
  • daenidaeni
    edited August 13
    Kinda hate to disagree here but that wouldn't be the case. As long as you have those bent on getting that achievement daily/combat slot there will never be an empty pvp area. But this would protect those not really wanting or caring about that daily like me. And having three or more ass****** bent on killing me for this daily or just because I'm in there...well its not fun or pleasant at all. :'(

Nexon has other games that offer this in settings and frankly i would like to see this option on this one. I didn't risk my ass trying to tame Nightmare because of it's pvp stats. I wanted it as soon as i saw it before they added Lair of Ienos. I had a total of four jerks then doing nothing but using my low level sin for target practice. It is no different now with the end gamers with plus 25 gear doing nothing but stalking that area for the same reasons now.
    Why? Because they can and know they'll get away with this. :/

However i do want to have some of those familiars regardless of whether they have pvp stats or not because they are cool looking and i want them for my collection, and i still risk getting my ass killed for that very reason. How can this ability to turn off your pvp status affect anyone other than those ass***** that get off on this? I can tell you, it doesn't. It would give me and others the choice whether to accept their challenge or refuse it.

But it would stop those that use the weaker for target practice and allow them access to do what they are there for, taming a familiar they want. It would start a dialog with those there as well, if you are asked to pvp, then you have the option to agree or not. Free will, not something more akin to gladiator games. :D
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,205
    edited August 13
    you go in a pvp zone and are mad about getting killed?! just dont go in a pvp zone and if you want a familiar from there you have to reckon that you get killed. I rly dont get it. I mean i played atleast 2 OpenWorld PVP games and sure sometimes it sucks but it is how the game works and getting a "safe mode" in a pvp zone just means everyone can do as they like, because they dont get hit and dont have to care about pvp anymore. There are only 2 zones that are pvp and if you rly want a mount from there then get some friends together or wait till you have it in the lairs or wait till it get added in a lair or just get in there and get killed. ^^ (i even quested in stygea and never got killed so it is possible to do pve in there, but every second someone could come and fight with you, thats how a pvp map works, aswell as the fights over mounts or bosses ;) )

btw way, the "ask for pvp" is the same as the duell request.....so yeah they could aswell just make the pvp zones a normal zone and can say "if you want to kill each other, just make duells".....*sigh* It is and always will be a pvp map and not a "pve i want to tame there aswell so dont hit me pls" map ;)
  • Dr3adD4oraDr3adD4ora
    edited August 13
    I understand the repercussions of entering PvP zones. It's just irritating as ever just simply trying to capture the familiars needed for achievements and whatnot. Being harassed and ganged up on by multiple players hellbent on making your life miserable just takes the joy out of this game. Some PvP players I don't mind, but others who just kill to kill, I have little to no tolerance for.
    Yes, PvP areas are there for a reason. But when you only have a small group of friends, or even a Guild that doesn't have that many players, it doesn't sit well going up against dozens upon dozens of others. Especially when they clearly have better defense-offense armor compared to the armors you've already spent hours to just simply craft. I don't even see that many Baellas players in Stygaea anymore , not even during Manastone battles. A lot of people have just simply quit those fights because it's pointless. They know they're gonna lose.
    And as for PvP familiars showing up in the Lair dungeons? It seemed like an eternity just for the Badlands familiars. Example: Trying to tame Abyssal Vylet, etc. having the HP low enough to tame, only to have an enormous group suddenly coming in to slaughter you and then take the beast for themselves. It would break your heart. All that hard work gone to waste. Please don't tell me that you wouldn't get mad if that happens to you. Not everyone can just simply shrug and ignore it. It can and will happen more than once.
  • daenidaeni
    edited August 14
    Runi wrote: »
    you go in a pvp zone and are mad about getting killed?! just dont go in a pvp zone and if you want a familiar from there you have to reckon that you get killed. I rly dont get it. I mean i played atleast 2 OpenWorld PVP games and sure sometimes it sucks but it is how the game works and getting a "safe mode" in a pvp zone just means everyone can do as they like, because they dont get hit and dont have to care about pvp anymore. There are only 2 zones that are pvp and if you rly want a mount from there then get some friends together or wait till you have it in the lairs or wait till it get added in a lair or just get in there and get killed. ^^ (i even quested in stygea and never got killed so it is possible to do pve in there, but every second someone could come and fight with you, thats how a pvp map works, aswell as the fights over mounts or bosses ;) )

btw way, the "ask for pvp" is the same as the duell request.....so yeah they could aswell just make the pvp zones a normal zone and can say "if you want to kill each other, just make duells".....*sigh* It is and always will be a pvp map and not a "pve i want to tame there aswell so dont hit me pls" map ;)

You're assuming that these familiars in the newer PvP areas will eventually end in in a Lair, but i have seen the legendaries get overlooked so what do you suggest then? If you had the ability to refuse PvP in these areas like elsewhere the it wouldn't be a problem.

As to having friends join you, well that's not always possible or practical. Unless you're part of a huge guild then you're choice is usually limited. I'm not suggesting they get rid of these areas, just take those of us in consideration when adding familiars that you just might want to be in your bestiary.

This is a problem with some taking advantage of the weaker here and killing, stealing or taking possession of your hard earned take-down in hp for that familiar. No matter how you sugar-coat this, some do use this to up their achievements and because nothing will get done about correcting it, it will continue. And it doesn't make it right in being a total jerk to others either. All we ask is that if you see one of the weaker trying to tame something there, then don't be an ass just because you can.
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,005
    edited August 21
    I've put my thoughts on a separate thread on how to remedy this sad situation. Not to duplipost - http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/22078/pvp-vs-pve-balancing
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,435
    edited August 24
    I would like to first start off by saying, the pvp in this game is garbage and they need to just scrap the whole system and build it back up from the ground.

-No sieges (the manastone battle is a joke)
    -No controlled arenas for pvp like 1 v 1 , 3 v 3, 10 v 10
    -No such type of pvp ranking system either
    -No real system of CC, winning in pvp is like 90%-99% gear related, meaning if someone has a pvp set and you dont? Y ou can forget about it, you stand no chance. (a system like this is stupid and boring). Sure, pvp set v pvp set maybe is alittle more even matched, but still, who ever has the +25 and op seals is gonna win, who ever has more rl money is also gonna win, cuz they can afford to buy the p2w seals they keep putting out :cough: Kegriff :cough:

It's a slapped on system and a complete freakn' joke, they need to just get rid of it. The weekly manastone battle between servers has been a joke from the very introduction of it. First Baellas Dominated it because the other 2 servers had low populations (we use to call it the manastone parade ffs) but now the shoe is on the other foot because they combined those 2 servers to introduce a fresh server, thus creating a complete zerg. So now Baellas and Radan have no chance in ever gaining the buff again. This is a 95% PVE game, and the buff, considering is all about pve should be acquired through some type of PVE competition, like, oh idk, maybe highest over all top 10 from each class - server wide spire scores? Why is it a reward for the manastone battle anyway? Seriously, just take the total from all the top 10 rankings from each class, add them together, and the highest score gets the buff for a week.

Secondly, make Stygea a pve zone, or not, I really don't care. I love open world pvp, but the way it's implemented in this game is just so Meh. Surely they can come up with a solution to please both side. Maybe make it only pvp during certain periods of time? This alone would probably be the best solution to this issue considering it would give pvers a chance to tame stuff in peace, but also set a set schedule for the people that actually enjoy pvping. And dont give me that "people will not be around to kill during the pvp times" because what' you're really trying to say is pvers who stand no chance against my pvp set will no longer be around for me to punching bag. Give me a break , that's pathetic, why you worried about killing someone who stands no chance anyway, were you really picked on that much to get gratification from that? :smh:

Like I mentioned earlier, this game desperately needs something to actually make grinding a pvp set worth it, like some kind of "Battlegrounds" for people to pvp in, a more controlled environment for pvp. Something with some nice rewards of things we need, be it marks, temper stones, elluns, buff talismans, catch my drift? In addition, surely they can come up with something better than the way the manastone battle is designed. Seriously, capture the flag once and win? That's so stupid, and anyone who has ever experienced real pvp in games that were actually designed with it in mind knows what I'm talking about.

As far as Topic? Idk, it's a pvp mount, pvp zone, people should expect to get killed, however when someone is actually on a familiar, I think they should be immune to damage. These marks are annoying to get, and it's probably insanely frustrating to get killed while you're in the act of taming. You're literally helpless, and there no sport in killing something that's helpless. Sure you could have a perimeter to protect the tamer, but with the way they completely imbalanced the servers, you can forget about being able to do that.
    DjwaffleshotDeath_Wingdaeni
  • NeriuxNeriux
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 790
    edited August 27
    you really need to start write memuars or some other books... with your 10 pages A4 for simpe topik, take what you have or leave. Capturing? What Garme or Agnas is better? 1 per chanel at 20 lvl every 1-3 hours. Go at night 3 for better chance. Pvp? Entire zone be happy or do something without it.