[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Are there plans to upgrade Sea of Hakanas fishing?

ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,875
edited September 10, 2017 in Dungeons
This is more or less directed to someone from Nexon. I'm wondering if there are any plans to upgrade Sea of Hakanas to drop tempering stones that lv 60s can actually use.

Right now, the tempering stones you can actually use for our lvl 60 legendary gear come only from Box II which is pretty unrealistic to obtain given the crazy costs required to obtain it. The highest "regular" tempering stone you can get is lvl 170 and that is from Box II. Yet lvl 170 is the LOWEST tempering stone you can use to even attempt to temper Alsacian armor to +1 when unbuffed. Lvl 160 stones has 0% chance! (I didn't have lvl 165 stones, so I'm not sure if that works.)

In theory, you're suppose to be able to get 50% stones and blessed (100%) stones from Box II as well, but again, it's pretty unrealistic to obtain those boxes from Sea of Hakanas. You're more likely to get those from Paradise Island (I've also gotten useful regular 190/200 stones as regular drops there).

Sea of Hakanas was useful when fishing was first released, but it has never been upgraded to keep up with our char lvl and equipment lvl increases. Is this really intended or are there plans to upgrade the stones at Sea of Hakanas?

Comments

• AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,435
    edited September 10, 2017
    Would be nice wouldn't it, but considering we are just now getting Lv. 190/200 stones, and we still haven't gotten Level 6 crafting which we probably should have gotten it with the Ellora's Sanctuary update, i doubt it.
  • ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    Aellae wrote: »
    Would be nice wouldn't it, but considering we are just now getting Lv. 190/200 stones, and we still haven't gotten Level 6 crafting which we probably should have gotten it with the Ellora's Sanctuary update, i doubt it.

Well it's actually because we're getting lv 190/200 stones in Paradise Island that prompted me to ask. Many of the other Paradise Island drops like tinctures and Familiar EXP potions can be found in the older Fishing spots as well. Even Box I and Box II can be acquired from the older areas. But the lv190/200 stones are not found in Sea of Hakanas at all, not even from the boxes. So I'm thinking that Sea of Hakanas should actually be dropping those, but they forgot to update it.

Things like tinctures and familiar EXP potions are useful irrespective of what lvl you are and useful even at lvl 60. The same is not true for tempering stones and it needs to be upgraded to remain useful.

And on a side note, how did this get moved to Suggestion and Feedback from General? I'm asking a question if Nexon plans to upgrade Sea of Hakanas. It's neither a suggestion nor feedback.

@CuddleWings
    @Cream
    Please pass this question to the team. :)
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,345
    agree. also 165 temp stones is 0% for Als
    Just my experience PI drops pinky growth potions and cooldown tincutres (least useful for my chars as I'm always topping at 50% without them)
    I can get them from HH fishing as regular chance drop for pinky potion, but cd tincture drops from the boxes I only.

So I've also got lv200 temp stone from PI, this means that lv200 stones have to be regular or box I drop from SoH. And sounds as you say this is not happening.

Again lv200 stones are nothing for Als. I have failed like 10 of them saying "normal" trying to get to +10 :D
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,675
    Well, i hate to be the fly in the ointment here, but even if the drops increased and were upgraded in these areas to include lv200+ stones you still have a major problem.
    This entire system is still so flawed. When it takes a lv200 stones that read 'normal' to upgrade the new Als gear and fails more times than not, something is seriously wrong with it. :/

This whole system is just wrong or so badly designed that down the road it will only get worse unless they re-work it now or do something that isn't going to cost us, the consumer, an arm and a leg just to upgrade our gear safely to a level that matches what the game content is striving for.

Whatever that content might be for those designers that seem to have unrealistic ideas, or just don't play this enough and don't understand what we all are complaining about. :'(

Level 55+ content was hard enough and never seemed to match what was given out to those that completed basic story-line quests. (I tried playing this on one character using what was "rewarded" and failed, as I'm sure most did using it. I was forced into buying Exalted just to finish level 60.)

Now its getting much worse with a addition of lv60 Legendary content. When is enough enough?

When is it going to be fixed or corrected since they seem to believe its 'working as intended" so that we all aren't being driven into pulling out out hair and banging our heads against the desk when it fails more and more and costs become prohibitive? Frustration isn't something most of us find enjoyable.

How hard is it to admit they screwed us and up by adding an extreme hard mode that upgrading gear is just unrealistic for, given what this game's current mechanics is designed around. RnG. That seems likes a bad acid trip that we all are forced into experiencing when this fails time and time again. :(

Come on people, how much longer are we all going to just deal with this serious problem? It's getting to a point now that it's hard to just suck it up like they seem to expect from us all.

I just got my Wrath gear high enough to not be a liability to those i party with, now i have to do this again and at a greater expense and additional frustration? I just don't see a light at the end of this particular tunnel and increasing the drops, increases the level of these stones...frankly isn't the solution to it either.

What we all need is something that works and makes sense and isn't some poker junky's idea of a binge fantasy, and a re-occurring nightmare to all of us stuck with in. This is just my opinion but I'm sure others share it as well.
    ZuNamiglitchmagnet
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,540
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited September 18, 2017
    This post has been forward to the appropriate team for review, Rider! ;)
    ClearBlueSky
    edited October 8, 2017
    Just thought that I'd update this. It looks like they've upgraded Sea of Hakanas fishing. They now drop lv 190/200 tempering stones during regular fishing.

Didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes or anything, but thanks for the upgrade. :)

(I think they may have upgraded some of the other fishing spots as well since I recently got +5 heroic extractor in Hakana Highlands during regular fishing and I don't recall getting it there from regular fishing before. And by regular fishing, I mean not from boxes.)
  • CreamCream
    edited October 8, 2017
    @ClearBlueSky

Sometimes those "ninja" updates happen B) I know is not the best thing but, at least is progress! Will send feedback about adding details in future patch notes, more accurately! ;)

Have a nice day!
    ClearBlueSky
    edited October 8, 2017
    I'm not certain, but I think they may have tweaked it sometime on Friday cause I got really bad drops the day before and on Saturday, I had great drops. But with RNG, it's hard to tell.

Although my wording may have been bad, my post was suppose to be more about thanks for upgrading fishing, rather than a commentary about no patch notes. But notes would be nice too. And yeah I agree, it's progress! :)

Here's a bit more info : The lv190/200 stones are rare drops just like lv160 use to be. So don't expect stacks of them. To give you guys an idea, I got 1 lv200 and 3 lv190 in a 5 hour afk fishing session. So just under 1 per hour.
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,345
    edited October 10, 2017
    Not fully fixed, the #1 boxes still drop 130 jew tempering stones and 150 regular tempering stones :facepalm:
    edited October 10, 2017
    yvadim wrote: »
    Not fully fixed, the #1 boxes still drop 130 jew tempering stones and 150 regular tempering stones :facepalm:

I think you're right, I've noticed the same thing. I don't think they upgraded the boxes yet. 150 regular tempering stones are now the lowest common drop in regular fishing, so I'm pretty sure the boxes are not suppose to be dropping those as well.

@PuffyHuff
    @Cream
    Doesn't look like the special affluent fishing boxes have been upgraded yet. Can you pass this to the team? Thanks.

On another note, I think they tweaked the drop tables again on Monday. I was getting around 1 lv190/200 stone per hour on the weekend, but since Monday I've gotten them much less frequently. At the same time, I've noticed legendary transcending stones dropping during regular fishing since Monday.
  • CreamCream
    edited October 11, 2017
    @ClearBlueSky

Will gladly do so. Thank you for letting us know about this specific subject, Riders!

Have a nice day!
    ClearBlueSky