[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Ienos Control Stone didn't work

ArmadaArmada
Riders of Icarus Rep: 765
edited September 18, 2017 in Dungeons
I have a bunch of the permanent ones from the dice game, and I looted the 30-minute one off Ienos. The ground familiar that spawned in was Phantom, which was awesome. What was not awesome was the fact that it wouldn't let me try to tame him. Fair enough, as I didn't have his mark, but I didn't have marks for the Hoonbabas I tamed previously and that worked perfectly fine. The only difference I can think of is that Hoonbaba is already in my bestiary and Phantom is not, but if that's true it's kind of a terrible system. My other guess was that you had to knock down part of his health before you could attempt taming, but the thing said "taming conditions unmet" right up until I accidentally killed him. What gives? Is this supposed to happen for some reason or is it a bug?

ETA: used my last keystone and got a Scalleda (which is fine, I need one anyway) and a Magma Hound. Both said taming conditions were met despite me not having a mark for either of them (beyond the control stone). However, both are also in my bestiary already, so that doesn't exactly tell me anything new.

Comments

• daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,675
    edited September 18, 2017
    Actually that shouldn't really matter unless they changed things and didn't let us know. I tamed my first Phantom in the lair with only the control stone Ienos dropped. And with the knocking down the health, that should only be a factor until you get to half HP.

Sometime they don't 'show' the correct taming conditions and the only way is to try and mount them inside the lair. the only Familiar that needs an mark is Magma Beast in Lair of Ma'art. If it does it again all i can suggest is post it under bugs.
  • ArmadaArmada
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 765
    Well, that's disappointing. I did try to mount him but it gave me the "you don't meet the requirements" error. I guess I'll just watch out and hope it doesn't happen again. Still a bummer that it was the one familiar I don't already have, and one that's otherwise hard to get, too.
  • DatZebraDatZebra
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,250
    in lair of ienos, 'you dont meet the requirements ' means u must lower the familiar hp - but be careful not to kill it, the red message quite often stays on without turning green, so if hp looks low, try taming anyways - works for me
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,675
    edited September 19, 2017
    Rule of thumb is if you have to lower it where it spawns in the world map you must do it in the lair. The amount is about 20-50 percent of max.

There was a glitch a while back and not sure if they EVER fixed it, once you get it to 50 start trying to mount it because you might kill it with one shot below 20 percent.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,905
    @Armada Heroic mounts have to be low health to actually tame them. It doesnt matter if its in lair or in the wild, they all need to be low health but how low can be different from familiar to familiar.
    Sometimes the info if you hover over him isnt so fast updated, just use the tame button and see if you get the spacebar, if so you can jump, if not, then it has to be a little lower.

There are only 2-3 exceptions like letonsia or graveon which can be tamed with 100% health.
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,345
    phantom doesn't need a mark to tame in lair - this is the fact. The only tame that needs a mark is magma beast in the lair of maart.

when you're level high enough with high dps you'd kill tames before them ever being tameable. solution - keep low level gear with you or take most of your armor off (not the weapon) and be careful not to die while you lower your tame slowly, but definitely not killing it with 1-2 shots.

also there are other reasons you may not be able to tame, such as no free room to tame, no points. It typically shows what is wrong in the ALL chat window when you try to tame and it doesn't work.
    daeniArmada