[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Disconnects, Information, and Compensation

PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
edited September 21, 2017 in Official News

Regarding the current, ongoing issues of User Lobby Disconnects, Server Disconnects, and Channel Switch Disconnects we have found the root to the problems.

User Lobby Disconnect: It is most likely related, but not exclusive, to the Dice event. Riders who roll on one character, and then switch to another character may be affected. Our developers were able to reproduce the issue and are looking into having this issue resolved.
Server Disconnect: Our developers have an idea of what might be causing the issue. However, additional logs will need to be investigated to find the root cause.
Channel Change Disconnect: We think the issue that is causing the server disconnect is also causing this issue.
Fishing Invalid State Message: The issue has been reproduced by our internal staff and is being worked on.

More details will be shared in the future as these issues develop.

We are dedicating the rest of September to bug fixes in lieu of releasing new content.

For accounts that have logged in during the affected issue dates, 9/1/2017 to 9/20/2017, we are offering a compensation rewards.
Compensation Rewards:
• Premium Service (7 Day) - Untradeable - (1 Per Account)
• Ellun (50 Pack) - Untradeable - All Characters
• Legendary Mark Box - Untradeable - All Characters
• All accounts that have logged in from 9/1 - 9/20 were rewarded

We would like to thank you all for your patience, issue reports, and for your continued support.

- The Riders of Icarus Team
BobTheBlobYllmathirNXACuddlesHoneychyldPuppyPawsAzymionVeritoKamihitoKerriganneGreyciaand 4 others.

Comments

• MaraMara
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,400
    edited September 21, 2017
    TYTY for compensating all characters - for so many who can't log in because of the issues, it would be a shame to miss out.

That being said...
    Legendary Mark Box - Untradeable - All Characters
    I would really love to see an option for bind to account. My level 16 assassin isn't likely to tame Runelon any time soon :o .
    daeniVeritoArynRipleyLucii91215512
  • CarrolCarrol
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 310
    Thank you for compensating the players. It's very much appreciated.
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,445
    That compensation doesn't even come close to making up for what we have had to deal with in our lost game time. 7 Day premium is the only thing that comes near it. 50 elluns is no where near the 40 we lost per day of potential earnings through dailies, not to mention the lose of Paradise Island Fishing. Not only this but you need to take into consideration the loss of potential loot in Dungeon Runs, etc, but there really is no way to quantify those loses. In addition, there's the stress of it all. Numerous people have given up on even trying so they don't completely rage quite the game.. that's how bad it is guys.

What compounds the situation even more is the fact that the issues aren't resolved! So we are potentially looking at even more down time! All this coming when the game is barely holding on by a thread with the amount of active people that are still playing.

A more appropriate compensation for all this down time needs to include more elluns, a few paradise island passes, and some dice. The legendary mark boxes are great and all, but give me a break, at the end of the day it's an RNG box that could, and most likely will, leave you with nothing in the end.

But hey, take the suggestion from someone who plays the game day to day, and in the end, what do I really care? It's not my lively hood at stake here, I'm just trying to give you a suggestion that may help retain the tiny amount of paying customer base you guys still have left. The core of our guild has formed strong relationships and we could easily all uproot and go somewhere else, in-fact a few members already essentially have due to the levels of greed illustrated through how bad the RNG systems are here.. your call guys, is it worth losing the rest of your game population over a few virtual items that cost you nothing to produce? :)

Ps: The legendary mark i got failed, so yea, thanks for nothing :)
    daeniVaxyToxlcDollArynRipleyLucii91215512
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565
    I'd like to report that I'm still getting disconnected while teleporting. Once using a warp pass to Carleon, and once using the transit shrine pass. I used the shrine pass , I'd say 3 times, and it happened once. I haven't used the actual shrine yet.
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Honeychyld wrote: »
    I'd like to report that I'm still getting disconnected while teleporting. Once using a warp pass to Carleon, and once using the transit shrine pass. I used the shrine pass , I'd say 3 times, and it happened once. I haven't used the actual shrine yet.

Thank you for checking back in with this!
    Honeychyld
  • W00H00TW00H00T
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,125
    Thank You for your transparency PuffyHuff.

While the compensation package offered here is definitely a good first step, I believe overcompensation would go a long way as far as restoring confidence with the players that are on the fence of deciding to leave or stay. I understand that the players and the publisher will never see eye-to-eye all the time but in this instance, giving more than what you guys might think is "fair" would definitely be the right step in retaining those players that already have one foot out the door.

Think of it this way, players that have had a nightmare doing more than a handful of tasks per day for the past 2-3 weeks are feeling a bit more than disgruntled. Offering everyone an additional free 30-Day Premium, 150 elluns, a Blessed Tempering Stone, and a 14-Day Talisman package MIGHT intially seem a huge loss to NEXON's bottom but think of how much lost revenue will be incurred if another chunk of players leave the game outright.

I'm not trying to appear greedy, but the way I look at it is similar to having a bad meal at a restaurant. If the manager simply just replaced the badly cooked meal with another one, its...moderately satisfactory but the only thing on the customer's mind after leaving the establishment is how bad that meal was. They're a lot less likely to return in the future.

IF, however, the manager took a few extra steps and gave the customer a free meal, a free dessert and a complimentary coupon for 20% off their next dining experience, it would all but wipe away any remaining thoughts of the initial bad dish and replace it with confidence in the restaurant's sincerity to make things right. This is no different from NEXON's ever declining confidence that players have in their titles. Give more and reap a lot more profit in the future.

In this instance, a little more will go A LONG WAY!
    I hope you guys can adopt this ideology and make the right call here.

I apologize for the long post but I think this needed to be said.
    Aellaedaeni
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    W00H00T wrote: »
    Thank You for your transparency PuffyHuff.

While the compensation package offered here is definitely a good first step, I believe overcompensation would go a long way as far as restoring confidence with the players that are on the fence of deciding to leave or stay.

IF, however, the manager took a few extra steps and gave the customer a free meal, a free dessert and a complimentary coupon for 20% off their next dining experience, it would all but wipe away any remaining thoughts of the initial bad dish and replace it with confidence in the restaurant's sincerity to make things right. This is no different from NEXON's ever declining confidence that players have in their titles. Give more and reap a lot more profit in the future.

In this instance, a little more will go A LONG WAY!
    I hope you guys can adopt this ideology and make the right call here.

I want to first say thank you for your feedback and suggestions!

Compensation is a tricky thing sometimes and it's never taken lightly. We generally compensate items that are relative to the initial issue. The only hesitation companies might have when offering large compensation is having to meet that expectation every time (when do you make the pot bigger and when is it okay to offer less. It's fair to ask for a bigger comp when the issues are far more frustrating, though. Then there's comparing comps...Soandso got "___", but I only got "___"). I've seen and worked with other titles that compensate players very often and each time they're asked to give more and more. The problem isn't in the items we're giving away, but the manner in which we continue to go forward with it.

With that being said, I will look into better ways to soothe and sate players in the future! ^^
    W00H00TAzymionArynRipleyMaldonia
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,445
    W00H00T wrote: »

I apologize for the long post but I think this needed to be said.

dats not a long post :3
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    Glad we know whats causing it kinda, might not roll any dice anytime soon now for that matter and see if it helps any
  • W00H00TW00H00T
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,125
    @PuffyHuff

While I do understand your stance, I also believe very strongly in the power of first impressions. Since first impressions are over for the vast majority, lets skip to the impression that NEXON is turning a new leaf. In the past, NEXON compensation has always been on the scarce side, which having played NEXON titles since 2008, I have gotten used to. However, what I've learned is that players just want to feel..."appreciated" and "heard" (I'm guilty of this as well).

Your transparency is a very very good step and I really commend you for your courage to be able to bring bad news to the table. Unfortunately, not everyone will take it well (as you have probably already seen). What I believe everyone is looking for is a clear solution with a definite timeline on when these issues will be resolved.

Sooo, atm there isn't a definite timeline or promise of when these issues will be fixed. As a result, players lose hope and confidence in NEXON management. Its a natural step in how things progress. The only remedy is to keep players distracted by overcompensating them in-game with the limited time they are able to play. That will buy NEXON more time and favor with its player base until the issue can be resolved.

Keep in mind, a month is a very long time to wait around, ESPECIALLY for gamers when there are a lot of other titles out there yearning for attention. If NEXON wishes to keep the majority of players happy (and hopefully with ROI), I still believe its in your best interest to push for more compensation until things are fully remedied.

I would almost challenge NEXON to give it a shot and see how it works out. If I'm full of hot air, then nothing lost (because players who are fed up won't want to stay around either), but if it works, its a win-win for everyone.
    AzymionEstiPuffyHuffMaraToxlcDollVaxyAwelynMrsMaroniArynRipleyPrinnyChuand 2 others.
  • VaxyVaxy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,385
    Compensation is all good but the freakin problem is back. out of 6 toons, 2 are locked out and I'm sure if I try to log into the 4 remaining they too will be locked out.

• AwelynAwelyn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,555
    I am still getting disconnects and the "you cannot use that item" on my toons. It does seem to come from teleporting with the shrine pass. Although if I have been in game a while and switch to a different toon it will do that as well in the character screen. I go in and shut the game down in task manager and reload and usually I still can't log into the one that had the disconnect, but if I try a different toon I can usually get back into the game and after a bit I can relog with the character that had the initial disconnect. So far I have not been locked out of anyone for long term as of yet. I will of course add more if it changes.
  • Chelsea685Chelsea685
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 435
    Why higher compensation, it's just a game, ppl :)

I received rewards:
    but he was not among them

We are two players from one computer and the other player receives a full reward, with Premium Service.
    Who can I contact?
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    Since new patch I can't change graphic settings 'cause if I try to lower/raise shadow or such the game goes in block. Nor crash or dc but simply block.
    I'm used to lower few settings for WB fights in order to have a smoother fps, but uhm I wasted all time reloading game.
    Never had this issue before.

Big thanks for compensation rewards, I really appreciated it even if I got demonus again (5th time it comes out from Legi Mark Box) sigh! :(
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited September 22, 2017
    Chelsea685 wrote: »
    Why higher compensation, it's just a game, ppl :)

I received rewards:
    but he was not among them

We are two players from one computer and the other player receives a full reward, with Premium Service.
    Who can I contact?

did you logged in with another char first after the maint? if so look on that char, one of the chars should have the premium service in it ;)

@PuffyHuff
    For me the comensation is nice, only thing i would suggest is, dont do random boxes for such compensation.....I mean some got calypto/demonus/hameon and dont even need them at all...others got runelon and dont even are ready to run lv. 50 legendary dungeons to get them....Myself had the bad luck on getting demonus and i am already working on getting rodesh and higher seals/familiars....so for me this mark i got sucks. ^^
    Just saying it would be nicer to get compensations where everyone get the same and not the luck decides if you get good or bad stuff ;)
    ArynRipley
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    Oh well, a low level character which is in a friend guild got torkai mark.. I'd prefer to have "Legendary Coin" which can be used in these cases for buy a legendary mark of my choice. That's would be great :)
    ArynRipley
  • CarrolCarrol
    Oki, now both Baellas and Radan servers are giving me the "cannot use this item" message. Only the Teleo server is working for me and who knows for how long? Please please fix this bug!
  • CarrolCarrol
    I am back on both the servers now. Seems to be ok for now.
  • VinhalesVinhales
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    I just want to connect in the game but I'm giving up
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    I'm just checking back in to let you all know that my original statement might not have been completely clear in that the root of the issues have been identified, but they are NOT fixed yet. Should we find any workarounds, I believe some players have mentioned then in Discord, I will share them.
    Azymion
This discussion has been closed.