[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Disconnects, Information, and Compensation

Comments

• SwifzSwifz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 410
    edited September 22, 2017
    I'm locked out of all 3 toons on Radan server, My main account has 2 toons locked out on Baellas... this is getting real old real fast.
    Xyon
  • DatZebraDatZebra
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,360
    edited September 23, 2017
    Chelsea685 wrote: »
    Why higher compensation, it's just a game, ppl :)

I received rewards:
    • Ellun (50 Pack) - Untradeable - All Characters
    • Legendary Mark Box - Untradeable - All Characters
    but he was not among them
    • Premium Service (7 Day) - Untradeable - (1 Per Account)

We are two players from one computer and the other player receives a full reward, with Premium Service.
    Who can I contact?

when the premium is opened, all the characters on that account get the tele, storage, market, etc - so if you can agree on a date to open the premium, you should both be able to benefit from it
  • LinettLinett
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 875
    It's really nice to check on forum and finally get some answers on what's really going on. The prices are welcome but what is more important that you share all information with us.
    Thx Puffy
  • ArynRipleyArynRipley
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,745
    Still cranky about the missed Magma Torkai (seriously, if RNG finally gives you the top mount it should be a 100% pull)/wasted NX and now my account also suffers from this DCs. My guild already has a ranking list about who was kicked the most...

I understand your point about greed, Puffy but this is thinning the already small player base drastically and your devs should be more concerned about losing them than dealing with greedy players in the future. They should focus more on cleaning out major bugs in general.
    Such a massive cut in the play experience needs some higher compensation.
    But thanks a lot for keeping us up to date with Info's about that. Missed this the last month here.
    AellaeAzymion
  • ElloraEllora
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    Diesen fehler hatte beim porten gehabt heute
    url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=dbfehlerm4kqb.png]dbfehlerm4kqb.png[/url]
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,445
    Chelsea685 wrote: »
    Why higher compensation, it's just a game, ppl :)

I received rewards:
    • Ellun (50 Pack) - Untradeable - All Characters
    • Legendary Mark Box - Untradeable - All Characters
    but he was not among them
    • Premium Service (7 Day) - Untradeable - (1 Per Account)

We are two players from one computer and the other player receives a full reward, with Premium Service.
    Who can I contact?

50 pack of elluns = nothing compared to the 40 we are losing per day we can not log in and do our dailies.
    Maybe you're lower level so you haven't yet realized the necessity of Elluns.. trust me.. 50 is nothing. To give you an example, i tried to temper my helm from 20 - 21, it ate 100 elluns in a matter of seconds, and didn't even temper up.. using "normal" level stones, with a temper jewelry set, title, potion.. so yea.. 50 elluns is a joke.

Legendary Mark Box = potentially nothing, in fact it was nothing for my main since the mark failed.

7 day premium= good to cover 7 days of the losses, but we are stretching into week 2 of having to deal with this issue.

One of the biggest problems I have is the fact that they rolled out a cash shop update when they have this major issue going on.. like seriously guys? Fix your game first before you request more money from your player base!

Like other people said, this is coming when the player base is already dangerously low, this could be the kill shot for this game if they dont get their act together pronto. For example, I've been sitting here for the past 30 min trying to get into my main.. Log in launcher, game launches.. Hangs at Initializing Character until I Ctrl Alt Delete and kill the task, then rinse, repeat.
    They should rename this game Riders Of Load Screens or better yet, Riders of DIsconnects. All i wanted to do is log in my character so I can set it to fish before I have to run some errands, this is beyond old at this point!
    AzymiondaeniZuNamiW00H00TDesintegrationSwifzMrsMaroniToxlcDollGrizzlyUKOwlSAMA
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    ArynRipley wrote: »
    Still cranky about the missed Magma Torkai (seriously, if RNG finally gives you the top mount it should be a 100% pull)/wasted NX and now my account also suffers from this DCs. My guild already has a ranking list about who was kicked the most...

I understand your point about greed, Puffy but this is thinning the already small player base drastically and your devs should be more concerned about losing them than dealing with greedy players in the future. They should focus more on cleaning out major bugs in general.
    Such a massive cut in the play experience needs some higher compensation.
    But thanks a lot for keeping us up to date with Info's about that. Missed this the last month here.

I think that's the two main reason why people are leaving. Its also how they take your money, take the mount people really want reskin it and put it in a pure RNG box and your choice of luck picking the cards. This is why I wish they would sell them for NX straight but they wouldn't get as much money as the boxes. And with the bugs its another thing players get pissed about as much and the P2W shoving in the face. If you Compare this NA version with the KR is it majorly different in many ways, another reason why it pisses most people off. I really am sorry about your Magma Torky though
    daeniZuNami
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,825
    @Azymion, You have a point, they wouldn't sell as many boxes as they would the mounts. But here's where their idea is flawed. How many people have stopped buying those boxes because of the stupid RnG that is associated with them?

Well, they have lost my patronage in this. I never liked the odds these items showed me and after a couple of fails, i stopped buying cold turkey. I even stopped buying premium when they stopped fixing their game in a timely manner, but that's another post.

But trust me if they stepped off their high horses long enough and just offered those mounts, their sales would reflect this instead of showing which spoiled kids are still buying this crappy box just for the one in a thousand chance at getting that mount, with no thought to the cost or who has to pay for it down the road. I would be more than willing to buy just the mount/pet, if and when they fix their bloody game so i don't spend what time i do allocate to it trying to log in.

When they offered those mounts, they usually sold them for about 19k+ NX. if the average player bought a minimum of 2-3...well that's more money than the zero amount they currently get from me. i would probably be one of those buying at least 2. That's money they won't see me spending under their current system of boxes/RnG. I out-grew the need to gamble when i went out on my own and started making a living seeing just how hard Real life can be, and uncertain. This is just my opinion but i don't buy that I'm alone in it. :/

Now, about the current compensation they gave out...well i have two thoughts about why they did and why now. One is that they fully realize they don't really know for sure what's causing this current lock-out/glitch.
    Oh they might have a general idea but finding it in all the additional code they recently added is just plain time-consuming. We know from the past when it comes to fixing things it takes Nexon longer because they only allow their Dev's to touch it. Allowing their NA branch to even look is something they don't trust. Maybe when they do get to fixing it and getting back to us they plan to give out more to reflect what we all lost. We can hope anyways. This move would be a smart one and might win back some of the distrust we all seem to have developed recently.

Now to the other reason and this one isn't so...generous. They fully know what's causing the glitch, and they know its going to either result in taking down their game for longer than a day or waiting a couple weeks to add the fix over time. In this time they want to keep it up as best as they can so they can literally milk us of our money in this time-frame.
    if this is the reason, they they might want to tread carefully there. We aren't that stupid and greedy. What we want it to be made whole after all the frustration and angst we have experienced over the past few months of game glitches and failures. This additional miscalculation just may shut this game down if they don't' become more transparent, up front and yes honest.

Having @Puffy keep us enlightened might be their way of trying this. Adding a different layer of transparency and showing that they are aware of all our...concerns. Again we can hope they see that the past failures they have made have caused a great divide between us, the player-base and themselves. It has driven most away. The axiom "better late than never!" comes to mind and i hope it's this that currently drives them and not pure unadulterated greed. Another axiom...."greed it not so good." a Play on the other that is the complete opposite Of "Greed it good!" Not when it destroys. Again just my opinion.
    Sorry for the book, took a bit to gather what i wanted to really express. :D
    AzymionZuNamiAellaeW00H00TArynRipleyGrizzlyUK
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    @daeni Ive played Wizard101 for a few years back then and if its anything similar to the Card Packs as the boxes in this game the more stuff you put in their the less likely you are to get the mount, pet, or item you want. The only difference is one game makes the rate of the mount show up far less than the other. (i think) I know of a few mounts that will come in this game hopefully, but knowing this game they will need to paid for or better yet Top guild hogging up the spawns and the mats overpriced making you wait till its cheaper. Now if we relate this to the KR most of the mounts we paid for they got free via completing the bestiary. The most recent Kengriff they got free for completing the cloying wastes bestiary. Same stats or not I don't know.

And some express that they hate what Nexon or NA has done to the game, via youtube comments which in terms seems like a bad thing. And back to the bugs..I swear honestly I have never played a game with many glitches and I play a few early access games. Lets also mention that a kids game is smart enough to have a test realm where they give members access to the new content to test out, this is how they prevent and fix bugs from entering the game unlike this game they put them in and stuff like this happens. And with the player base as it is now in my server where its pretty low. I still don't know why they made another server cause my gosh it made players more scarce or I wouldn't doubt their will be another server merge between more servers. This game went from 1.6k daily to 900 on steam alone since this glitch, let that sink in.
    ZuNamiAellaedaeni
  • SharaskaSharaska
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 445
    VAYA TELITA.... Tusking con los teleports y los cambios de canal... vaya finde.. Mira a mi me da igual las recompensas y lo que deis, arreglad ya las cosas que ya esta bien.. al final nos piramos todos y os quedais ahi, que ya son semanas que pasa esto
  • EricDcEricDc
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 465
    edited September 25, 2017
    Deleted by Moderator
    edomemoZuNamiAellaeLocStylz
  • AdriftAdrift
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,020
    Cloying wastes ch 3 dead zone
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited September 24, 2017
    It's the whole week that I'm trying to go full spire run with my main character but when I teleport to spire I get my ton stuck in this bug.
    Few days ago I decided to run spire with my ranger and I got him stuck.. Then I decided to fully run spire on priest and puff all 3 char got stuck. Luckily I could unlock at least ranger, I did few dailies but I lost all on my main 'cause I wasn't able to unstuck him at all.

This bug is seriously making ppl frustrated. Yesterday I had the same bug on main char.. basically with that character I couldn't run spire at all in the whole week. Nexon, try to figure how many elluns we are losing in these days when this bug comes out. With the risk that we could lose also the spire ranking which would be a pain for many of us.
    MrsMaroniToxlcDoll
  • TanderTander
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 880
    Changing channels in Cloying Waste always freezes and requires Ctl alt del to get out. This happens in other areas too but it’s more random. Getting back into my main char usually can only be done by logging in an alt then, if successful, relogging my main.

Until now, Atm Like others, I’m getting the errors "You cannot use this item “or “You have been disconnected from the server” at the char select screen making it impossible to log in to any char.

Doing a repair install and/or clean boot doesn’t solve things.

I’ve just about had enough of this game. The response to bugs used to be much quicker. My guess is that resources have been scaled back or reallocated from this title after it reached the top of its financial curve. Or, the rng has finally taken over all aspects of gameplay, with successfully logging in being considered an achievement, and soon to be available log in and stability buffs in the store. I joke but wouldn’t be that surprised…

Seems to me the only ppl interested in saving this game are the players atm

ZuNamiSwifz
  • FeidhlimFeidhlim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,550
    As far as I can tell, the issue has been going on for...too long now.
    I personally am not experiencing it, but that's not the point... Considering how long it's been, and seeing no fix on the Horizon, ... I think the compensation is a bit low.

Fixing this issue should be the top priority and I hope it is... The game is nice and I would hate to see more players leaving. Icarus needs a push in the right direction not chains to hold it down more than it already is. Don't let this become an other NA Dragon's Prophet.
    Just a week ago I was talking to my friend about how this game does have potential if a few things were changed, but these things don't matter in the slightest if the players can't even get in.

I hope you are more concerned about this than it seems, because so far it's been a disaster.
    ZuNamidaeni
  • SharaskaSharaska
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 445
    Very sadly, because is a beautiful game and i think is very different than the others, and have a potential but the answers for the technical support for the problem happening is disastrous. When change chanels or simple when you transporting with the transit... i dont know what happen... but i know one thing, the money to invest on the shop, they doesnt use for fix this technical problems

My guild partners and me talk about leave the game to play BD or RV online, more clean for bugs and funny. Is not the same for me... because i reapeat, i think the icarus story, theme and overworld are wonderfull but the problems make game unplayable... If the problems fix, is probably returns but for the moment... no
    ZuNamidaeniMrsMaroniXyon
  • KaikoonKaikoon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,760
    Adrift wrote: »
    Cloying wastes ch 3 dead zone
    On Velzeroth its Channel 2 which is completely broke.

just good that with your socalled compensation you throw with Shakiba Marks at us. Did you know that the respawn time of Shakiba is 19 (nineteen) freaking hours? now what does that mean when 1 channel is completely broke? 2 shakibas every freaking 19 hours for more than 100 marks that you threw at us with your (and i repeat myself) 'SO CALLED' compensation.

Now maybe you just start searching why ch 2 on velzeroth in cloying waste is broken, and im pretty sure you will find a solution to that whole issue soon.

But wtf am i typing at all, cos instead of reading any of my Posts you just move them into nomansland.
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,345
    Its weekend, guess noone is at the office to even look into the issue until Monday. :D
    ZuNami
  • Lucii91215512Lucii91215512
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 560
    Look the fact is that you should be paying your teams Extra to stay to fix these issues.

Then you have the issues with how your entire staff is uneducated in your department. I know tons of people who can help with your issues. Who actually want to keep a job because this show your staff is putting on is ridiculous. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy compensation only when it’s GIVEN FAIRLY. So I’m going to give you guys till next maint to fix this or you’re gonna lose a lot of people and yes the ones who also fund your pockets :p

The only thing that’s going good right now is Puffy giving us semi vague info which is better then nothing so thank him for saving you guys there’s. Keep up the good work puffy :D
    ZuNamiArynRipley
  • LocStylzLocStylz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 860
    I'm locked out, Item error message again, can you PLEASE PLEASE get my character back, all others work, exact replicated bug of the Victory Plaza genocide. Please pass this info on, been DC'ing every time I zone... Again the game ate my ridiculously expensive account.... Please get Camusa on Baellas, I really don't have much left, this is beyond insane playing the waiting game with no customer support... literally not one employee to take my message, this should be easy since its only one toon right?

Thank you for reading my message and getting back to me when you can, Please HELP!
This discussion has been closed.