[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Disconnects, Information, and Compensation

Comments

• FeidhlimFeidhlim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,550
    edited September 24, 2017
    I think it's also important to precise... You should, and I hope you do, pay attention to the fact your players are clearly wanting to play your game, and that alone should be motivation enough to at least communicate small updates here and there regarding the issue.
    People are in right to doubt you are even trying, because other than the compensation, which is...not even enough to compensate in my opinion- what changed? People are now also getting locked out of the game for just teleporting to Hakanas Highlands and Cloying Wastes...

Personally, I feel like the compensation should have been either More elluns than what was given (for reasons stated by others), or a Free September writ, or a Legendary Mount scroll, since a lot of people are probably aiming towards the one from September writs...It does not even have to be a bestiary scroll. But regardless-

Is it normal and acceptable to have your players borderline scared to even play?
    Hakanas Highlands being such an early leveling zone, what will you do when a group of new players get the bug and cannot play your game? And what about your Veteran players who just want to fish there? Some people have gotten stuck on more than one of their characters and are now "afraid" to log in their last alt or make a new character just for the sake of playing the game.

Believe me, I do not want to see this game sink more than it already has been. But given the situation, I am starting to doubt its recovery. We are almost in October now, how much longer are people going to stay locked out? How many more zones are going to fall victim to that lock out bug? Soon enough all of them are going to be unplayable, and then what?
    I also think the compensation was given too early. You should have waited for the issue to actually be fixed, before even thinking on what to give your players, so that it feels more equal to the (now huge) amount of time they spent locked out and unable to claim daily rewards, be they from the Attendance or Daily quests.

TL;DR - Please care for your player base. We want to see this game live on, not die to a bug in near silence.

LocStylzMrsMaroniCarrolAwelynSharaskaAzymiondaeniGrizzlyUKAstarriaLirogon
  • AwelynAwelyn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,555
    edited September 25, 2017
    So let us look at this from a stand point of what has happened so far.. Random disconnects that have gradually turned into complete lock outs.. You "fix" the issue only to have the same issues start happening again right after maintenance but not as frequent.. but now whole zones are being locked out. My ranger is currently locked in Hakanas Highlands along with many other people in my alliance who were fishing or doing what have you in that zone.. Obviously things are not fixed.. You gave us compensation.. 50 ellum.. a legendary mark and 7 days of premium. Very little in most respects.. I mean honestly.. 50 ellum in this game at level 60 really is nothing to most.. a chance to temper once or twice.. the premium is fine but if you can't use it because you are locked out.. again.. not much especially if you have to wait a full week to get things sorted out by your team at Nexon.. and if you actually used that premium and got locked out again.. how much good does that do anyone.. a mark.. well most of those marks were level 40, very few got anything worth getting and then you have to tame the familiar which costs money unless you already have items you have bought with cash.. considering you haven't lost the time on them from being locked out of your account by bugs you all don't seem in a rush to fix..

From my stand point you all really don't care about seeing others leave the game which is sounding like what is going to happen if you continue to push this major issue aside.. People want to play this game.. people spend a great deal of money on this game because lets face it.. you have to in order to make in game currency since you are so stingy with how much copper and silver drops.. since the game is ran in gold.. you can't get anything unless you are strong enough to run everything all day long.. and kill the timers you put in for everything legendary.. with all the money you rake in from us players you would think issues like this or the bugs that have plagued this game since closed beta.. which I was a part of, would have been fixed by now.. I find it funny how little effort you all at nexon are putting into this game.. I mean seriously.. I absolutely fell in love with this game during beta.. yeah things were wrong with it, but it was BETA.. I had hopes things would be fixed.. small effects like the water rippling under my feet were so nice to see.. funny how those small things are no longer in the latter areas of the game.. massive pop ups of graphics in the trees.. trying to find familiars in the air that don't show up even if you have max view distance on.. until you are right on top of them.. i mean idk.. You have some loyal players here.. we have been supporting you for this long.. not giving a crap about us is starting to show.. 3 weeks of this garbage is far far too long.. CHEAP compensation.. no communication to us.. Hey I have plenty of other games to get sucked into when it boils down to it.. I would rather be on this game.. but not being able to get past the character screen and seeing that the dev's don't care that its happening.. well won't be long until I go play other games along with the few people left on this game..

If you ever fix this.. couple suggestions.. maybe everyone gets 30 days of premium.. old and new players.. possibly a lump sum of ellums we can actually use.. an actual legendary familiar we don't have to tame.. one that is worth a crap as well.. random of course.. but 50+.. fishing poles, charms, costumes that all have timers.. refresh them to full.. we have lost time and money on your screw ups.. we deserve to have that back at the very least...
    ZuNamiCarrolHoneychyldAellaeAzymiondaeniGrizzlyUKAstarria
  • CarrolCarrol
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 310
    I cannot use the Radan or Baellas server today. I keep getting the "cannot use this item" message. I am getting knocked out of gameplay time. It is really annoying. Please fix this issue.
  • AlayahAlayah
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,110
    I ditto everything that has been said. It is heartbreaking though that you know there are things you COULD participate in IF the game worked correctly. I cant teleport to a fishing location....therefore I can't get Flowerhorns....therefore I can't get into Paradise Island. I have missed so many days of this it is upsetting because I login daily, yet I accomplish nothing :(

Also, I could have more dice rolls, however, getting to rabbini's in other locations is hit or miss since most of the time I get locked out of my account. So even when I collect all the books, getting back to Chase in Victory Plaza is a "fingers-crossed" chance that I would get to teleport correctly to turn them in. It's literally like you only get to be in one spot for a whole day. Can't do much like that.

I must say that overall I'm a very patient person but this is even trying for me.

#frustrated
    AwelyndaeniCarrol
  • VaxyVaxy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,385
    EricDc wrote: »
    Deleted by Moderator

You'll notice that the Mods here have really thin skin :D :D :D
  • LadyShilaLadyShila
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    I would like to understand why I can not play !!!! within and immediately afterwards I disconnect, return and I rediscover it is impossible to play you know how to give an answer please ... I did a real money subscription for what in the end, if when you immediately disconnect? I'm so angry !!!! THANK YOU!
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,260
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    For those Riders who are experiencing the Server Lobby issue of getting stuck in the HIghlands or across Hakanas, please follow this link
    Sharaska
  • SharaskaSharaska
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 445
    Date of Occurrence: 25/09/2017 (all evening)
    Server: Velzeroth
    Character Name: Heriah, Khendrah, Mankhales
    Level: 60, 48, 17
    Where did the player get stuck (last known location): Hakain Crossing

I have problems on all this week exactly.. with all my characters. And I have problems on Cloying Wastes, Titrael, when change chanels or transit travel to this localitations
  • SharaskaSharaska
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 445
    Date of Occurrence: 25/09/2017 (23:14)
    Server: Velzeroth
    Character Name: Heriah
    Level: 60
    Where did the player get stuck (last known location): Cross Server to Hakain Crossing
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,230
    Date of Occurrence: 24/09/2017 (23:15)
    Server: Baellas
    Character Name: zzFENRIRzz
    Level: 60
    Where did the player get stuck (last known location): Hakain Crossing (Titan Platform) to Hakanas Island (Broken Caldera)

Since the last updates I started experiencing random disconnections, mostly I started in Cloying Waste Channel 3, talking to my friends they told me not to visit Channel 3. When I was in Channel 3 my game said “You can’t use skills” and all skills were blocked could not use pets or mounts if I had a pet I could not change it. I forced the game the exit of the game and try to access it again many times, after 15-20 attempts I finally had access again to the game. My character was mounted on a familiar but the familar was invisible and the skills were blocked in my menu.

I was no longer playing in cloying since I experienced all that, but yesterday I was playing in Akrat, after Parna, after I went to Hakain to complete the mission of the island (Titan Platform), but had no fishing rod so I went to Hakanas (Broken Caldera) to buy one and when my character appeared in Broken Caldera, a message in the game said "you can not use skills" all skills were blocked. My character was mounted on a familiar but the familar was invisible and the skills were blocked in my menu.

After was the same... i forced the exit of the game and I tried to play again (30 times) and nothing... i can't play... with my main character... Today i tried with my 2nd character and I can log in and log out without problems.
  • Chocolate280Chocolate280
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 485
    Hello!
    I was really putting up with Paradise Island issue for last 2 weeks.., but I guess i can't handle it anymore Q_Q That compensation was barely enough to relieve me for a day, next day after maintenance same Invalid state over and over again. I decided to stop all my fishing and that "Hell Island" for now... 3 lucky successful fishing tries with amazing cooldown tinctures that are worthless and 10 invalid states - ESPECIALLY when u see in chat same person getting 2 Radans in a row or useful boxes... I might have 10 Radans already but thanks to so-so investigation I'm paying for a broken game... Tell me why I need to buy your packages on "SALE" if I can't apply that drop title - since "Invalid state" is so invalid... Why I need to pay you for fancy fishing rods or baits... How can you compensate for this Hellish Island experience?
    ZuNamiVerito
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,230
    edited September 26, 2017
    Hello!
    I was really putting up with Paradise Island issue for last 2 weeks.., but I guess i can't handle it anymore Q_Q That compensation was barely enough to relieve me for a day, next day after maintenance same Invalid state over and over again. I decided to stop all my fishing and that "Hell Island" for now... 3 lucky successful fishing tries with amazing cooldown tinctures that are worthless and 10 invalid states - ESPECIALLY when u see in chat same person getting 2 Radans in a row or useful boxes... I might have 10 Radans already but thanks to so-so investigation I'm paying for a broken game... Tell me why I need to buy your packages on "SALE" if I can't apply that drop title - since "Invalid state" is so invalid... Why I need to pay you for fancy fishing rods or baits... How can you compensate for this Hellish Island experience?

Sometimes is just luck... because i was fishing with the legendary rod (7 days) and after 2 weeks finally i got radans but around the 1st week i got shura eye, the defensive one i dont remenber the name... so finally when the legendary rod expired i went to buy the regular rod (7 gold) in Broken Caldera and the first day fishing with the regular rod i got my 2nd radan... with the legendary rod i got legendary materials, potions, stones lv 170, shakiba mark and with the regular rod i got legendary seal extractor +5 and yes.. I have legendary tittle (+15% Rare Drop Rate) and also i dont remenber if the glases give 10% more Rare Drop Rate
  • LocStylzLocStylz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 860
    Got my account back today, Logged in, Teleported out of Victory Plaza to the Broken Caldera Transit Shrine, Crashed, character stuck again, 5 minutes after logging in after a week and I get slapped in the face by the same bug crashing me and not allowing me to log in... 5 Minutes... Haven't heard back from Customer Support on my ticket yet... So sad, I took a couple weeks off of work to have fun on RoI and half of it has been spent waiting. Really really Disappointed, spent a lot of money, 4 digits... and was planning on way more than that... Gonna lose a lot of players... Better hurry, this is America, we have a tendency to lose interest rather quickly.
  • CarrolCarrol
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 310
    Stuck again trying to use transit shrine from Hakain's Crossing to Cloying Wastes. Did the same thing to me yeasterday and I couldn't play that character on Baellas server all day. I finally get into the game this morning only to have it crash again after about two minutes of gameplay. I sent a ticket in but so far nothing. I am really frustrated. I am losing fishing time, time on Paradise Island, quests, it's getting old fast.
  • GeminiBlackroseGeminiBlackrose
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 850
    any updates ?
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,260
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    Information will be updated soon, Rider! ;)
    GeminiBlackrose
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    Date of Occurrence: 9/25/2017 at 01:47 UTC.
    Server: Teleo
    Character Name: Mystykat
    Where the character got stuck: Cloying Wastes.

I was avoiding doing what i did last week that got my main on this acct stuck, was using my alt. Just finished up leveling to 60 and story-line when I decided to try taming some of the heroics i had marks for in CW. Had just tamed Chanus twice on two different channels when i tried to port using the premium 7-day transit shrine pass to get to Alseik. at first it failed to work, told me to close message box before attempting to use again. Kept doing this. :/

Then i tried to change channels. Gave me the message 'close message before trying to change channels again. it was repeated so i went to the shrine itself at Crokhoon Stockades and spending the money needed was able to get to Alseik. After trying to change channels, anything even trying to leave, even using the Pass to have it do this again, I tried to use the whale to get to titan platform in Hakain's Crossing. It gave me the same message. I even tried using my recall save from abandoned watchtower. Nothing. keep giving me this 'close message...etc'. I was getting pretty frustrated i can tell you.

I was literally stuck in-game at Alseik. Tried to change to another character and it wouldn't let me even do this. I forced closed the game, then did something drastic. I uninstalled the launcher somehow knowing if i tried to re-log i would have that stupid message "Unable to use...Etc". Instead of repairing the launcher as i had last week when my main was locked before maint( After a few hours from fixing it, the launcher failed again giving me that unable to use message.)

i uninstalled the launcher totally and down-loaded a fresh launcher. But as i know from last week this is a short term fix. i now can get into my characters but for how long. Seems drastic to have to do this every time the game glitches out with this current bug. I keep losing time downloading /fixing the launcher just to play. Really hope they fix this soon.

F.Y.I Last week i was fishing, went to Paradise island and got stuck in Hakain's Crossing, when i fixed the launcher. I was porting to the CW a few hours later and got stuck there.
  • XyonXyon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 560
    now i have all 4 characters locked out of game. made a new toon, have not played the dice game, and she too is locked out of the game. when do u plan on fixing this crap?
  • XyonXyon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 560
    most likely going to quit game if these issues not resolved in next maintenance.
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
    @everyone For those of you this might be too little too late, but if 1 of your characters gets the 'stuck' bug, please be advised that you should avoid logging in with other characters because they, too, might suffer from the same bug.

On a slightly better note, we're working on a hotfix for the disconnections and error messages users have been getting when moving/transferring to different regions and logging out. I will return with an official post/more information in a few hours.
    BobTheBlob
This discussion has been closed.