[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Recruiting for Volunteer Forum Moderators
View the directions on how to apply as a Volunteer Forum Moderator
Volunteer Forum Moderator Program
Hello there, Riders!
With the communities needs growing larger and larger, the demand for more mods is growing as well. Being a moderator sometimes requires you to have a thick skin, but the joy comes from helping out your fellow Riders.
HOW TO APPLY
- Moderate the community forum and Discord
- Uphold the Forum Code of Honor and enforce the rules fairly.
- Foster a safe and collaborative environment.
- Assist your fellow Riders with questions and concerns about the game.
- Handle reported forum posts.
- Assist with Community Weekly Reports.
- Provide exciting and fun events/contest ideas for the community.
- Be able to efficiently ‘put out fires’ when needed and without being asked.
- Must possess the ability to be diplomatic in difficult situations.
- Must possess excellent written and communication skills.
- Must be active on the forums and/or the official Discord server at least 10-20 hours a week.
- Must not have an excessive amount of infractions and/or have been banned from Discord or the Forum.
- Create a brand new thread in the MOD Application section of the forums.
- Title your topic with “YOUR FORUM NAME – Mod Application”.
- Fill in the following template:
- A brief description of why you think you are a right fit for a VFM.
- What do you hope to achieve and provide for the community as a VFM.
- Do you have any experience moderating for other communities? If so please explain.
- If you have a preference for moderating the forums or Discord.
- Do you speak and write in other languages other than English? If so, please state which languages.
- Attach a poll to your thread and fill in the fields with the following:
- Question: “Would I make a good Volunteer Forum Moderator for Riders of Icarus?”
- Option 1: “YES”
- Option 2: “NO”
Other Riders will be able to comment on your application to see if you are a good candidate to be a VFM. Time for that thick skin comes in handy!
(For those of you who want to reply to applications, you must do so in a respectful, constructive manner). Votes and community feedback are very important, but it is the Community Manager who has the final say.
If we decide to pursue your application further, we will contact you via PM. There is no set date when the candidate process will end, but we will allow adequate time for submitting your application, leaving feedback, and making the final selection.
Good luck and I look forward to all of your submissions!