[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Unscheduled Maintenance - Sep. 29, 2017

PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,530
Administrator
edited October 4 in Official News
We will be performing an unscheduled maintenance on Friday, September 29, 2017 to help address the current issues with events. Not all issues will be resolved, as we are still investigating and working on fixes for various issues. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 1 hour. Please note that the estimated length of time for this maintenance is undetermined and is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:
September 29, 2017
• Pacific Daylight Time: 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
• Eastern Daylight Time: 6: 00 PM - 7:00 PM
• Central European Standard Time: 12:00 AM - 1:00 AM
• Australian Eastern Daylight Time: 8:00 AM [October 1] - 9: 00 AM

What will be unavailable:
• All Riders of Icarus game servers.
Details:
* Apply hotfix to help address issues related to the current in-game events.
GodKiller666NumendiilRuniGreyciaLeCakeAstarriaVeritoGeminiBlackrosedaeniFlutskop

Comments

• GodKiller666GodKiller666
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited September 29
    good
  • NumendiilNumendiil
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 945
    edited September 29
    Thanks for letting us know 2 hours before, that's a great improvement^^
    At least I can finish some dailies before the shut down.
    I hope you guys sort it all out soon, I guess it's a rather stressful time at the office ! :D
    BRK
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565
    edited September 29
    @PuffyHuff

Thank you so much for keeping us informed as often as you can. This kind of communication is exactly what the community has been asking for, for so long. We understand that the forum Mods/Admins are simply the go-betweens and you all can only inform us when you are given information. I, for one, sincerely appreciate you keeping in touch with us, and keeping on top of this issue on our behalf. I hope that this can continue :)
    ToosmallcageAzymionVaxyLirogondaeni
  • ToosmallcageToosmallcage
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 410
    edited September 29
    I second what Honeychyld says.

@PuffyHuff

You're doing an excellent work. Honestly, it's a lot more reassuring to know that the team is at least trying to fix the issues. Don't let haters discourage you guys.

I'm a beta tester player and I've been here from the beginning to see how much you ACTUALLY care about the player base, so keep it up! I believe in all of you!
    Alayah
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator
    edited September 29
    Thank you all for your understanding. ^^

I'm trying my best to keep you all updated, but sometimes deadlines are tight and it leaves little room for to both postpone projects or give sufficient warning of when projects will take place, like these emergency maintenances. In light of the current "happenings"(itsbeencrazyImsosorryguys), I am open to hearing any suggestions that the community has for better ways to communicate and deliver information in game AND out of game.

For those of you with any suggestions, please PM me!
    NumendiilVaxyZuNamiLirogonGeminiBlackrosedaeniAzymionVeritoDieGo_82Alayah
  • VaxyVaxy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,385
    edited September 29
    Well, guess it's ok since you a trying to fix this but let's just hope this won't break it more...
    ZuNami
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,915
    edited September 29
    PuffyHuff wrote: »
    I am open to hearing any suggestions that the community has for better ways to communicate and deliver information in game AND out of game.

I would suggest to use one standard time for comunicate us downtime, 'cause PDT, PST, UTC is making us EU players crazy.
    Since we have UTC time on screen (unless ppl disabled it) we can easily keep track of times way better if you guys gives alerts in UTC as standard. :)
    VaxyPuffyHuff
  • samariedassamariedas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 205
    edited September 29
    it is good that maintanace was announced of forums( even 2 hours before :thumbsup), but could we please have notification in game? something like "Servers are going down in 10mins. Please find safe spot to log off". As not everyone reaads forums.
    Good luck.
  • VaxyVaxy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,385
    edited September 29
    samariedas wrote: »
    it is good that maintanace was announced of forums( even 2 hours before :thumbsup), but could we please have notification in game? something like "Servers are going down in 10mins. Please find safe spot to log off". As not everyone reaads forums.
    Good luck.

They did give a warning.
    Toosmallcage
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,430
    edited September 29
    Suggestion here. Try announcing it in-game for those that get tunnel-visioned and don't go to the forums or Discord to keep updated. :D.

There has to be a way to do this game-wide.
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,330
    edited September 29
    in-game announcements are there, the issue is that they are poorly implemented.

a brief message from GM appears on screen for like 3 times, unless disabled due to tons of spam messages being displayed.
    also messages appear on the All chat view. But it doesn't appear on the party chat by default where I spend most of the time at anyways due to lots of spam on the All view.

Also these announcements just have to be persistent like in other MMOs, staying on screen with a countdown possibly.
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator
    edited September 29
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    PuffyHuff wrote: »
    I am open to hearing any suggestions that the community has for better ways to communicate and deliver information in game AND out of game.

I would suggest to use one standard time for comunicate us downtime, 'cause PDT, PST, UTC is making us EU players crazy.
    Since we have UTC time on screen (unless ppl disabled it) we can easily keep track of times way better if you guys gives alerts in UTC as standard. :)

Thank you for the suggestion. I will have to leave all the other times there BUT, I will add a UTC to any posts I can.
  • samariedassamariedas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 205
    edited September 29
    yvadim wrote: »
    in-game announcements are there, the issue is that they are poorly implemented.

a brief message from GM appears on screen for like 3 times, unless disabled due to tons of spam messages being displayed.
    also messages appear on the All chat view. But it doesn't appear on the party chat by default where I spend most of the time at anyways due to lots of spam on the All view.

Also these announcements just have to be persistent like in other MMOs, staying on screen with a countdown possibly.

That is exactly what i am trying to say ;) announcements just have to be persistent like in other MMOs, staying on screen with a countdown possibly.
    daeni
  • TanderTander
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 535
    edited September 29
    Thank you for the updates PuffyHuff. It’s obvious that you are doing your best in difficult circumstances.
  • SnugglyWolfSnugglyWolf
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 415
    edited September 29
    I just want to say, ive been sitting behind and just letting things roll through as they come about...

But I for sure thank you for keeping everyone informed! The dev teams etc are busy busy busy with trying to fix everything, so they cant go into great lengths of detail.... but you letting us know whats been going on has been quite wonderful. I started up again with RoI about a week ago (oh the wonderful time to start up again xD lol), and honestly.... i am VERY thankful that you are letting us know what you can when you can.

I have played a game before that there was bugs galor, very little information was given, and no fixes were made. It made the game way more trouble than it was worth and it was very unenjoyable. It lasted for about a year before shutting down due to lack of players.

This is thankfully MUCH better and much more enjoyable of a game, and with a lot more information getting passed back and forth making it easier to get things figured out and sorted out.

So again, THANK YOU for being awesome and doing the best you can to help get everything back on track! :)
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,430
    edited September 29
    @samariedas is right. The message needs to be more than three times amidst the numerous tames, captures and rewards announcements that you see in this game.

They tend to drown what some MIGHT see and most do not!

What they have in another Nexon game would be useful here. A continues message at the top that everyone sees and counting down the time left. What i have seen on this game seems more like an after-thought than a notice, it's no surprise that most miss it.
  • NumendiilNumendiil
    edited September 29
    I just got back in game after this last maintenance.

The dice minigame is available again, with all unclaimed rewards still there. Very good point.

BUT the September Attendance Calendar has not been fixed, it is still reset to day 1...

On your official website, it is stated this hotfix was aimed at the dice minigame and the attendance calendar !
    Do you have any info on what happened ?
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator
    edited September 29
    For those of you who have logged in to see that your Calendars have reset back to Day 1, this is a known issue and it appears to happen to random users. The team is investigating. In case some of you were wondering what exactly the maintenance did, it was to make the event assets visible again. For some reason, they'd vanished or were disabled.
    NumendiildaeniAnnikahZuNamiVeritoAlayah
  • NumendiilNumendiil
    edited September 29
    Ok then I guess I belong to the unlucky ones^^ :'( :D
    Thank you very much for the swift answers and informative communication, much appreciated !
  • lycenoirlycenoir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited September 29
    Super moi aussi la malchance me poursuit car le calendrier de septembre est réinitialisé au jour 1, donc récompenses non prises ?????
    espérons qu'une rectification soit faite et que l'on obtient nos dûs :# . Sinon une annonce toutes les minutes pendant 5 minutes prévenant d'une maintenance serait un bon plan pour avertir tous les cavaliers en jeu.
    Merci quand même à Puffy pour ses annonces et sa présence ;)
This discussion has been closed.