[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Unscheduled Maintenance - Sep. 29, 2017

Comments

• DatZebraDatZebra
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 975
    edited September 29
    do we have a date for the end of the dice event ? originally it was to run sept 7-oct 4,
    lately, when i hover cursor over the free roll button it reads sept 7 - oct 11 dice event

but then the october daily rewards calandar rewards show 3 event boxes with the label - dice inside - for the day #8, #15 , #22 rewards, & some of those days are well beyond october 4th or 11th

clarification please , thank you in advance ^^

• RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,205
    edited September 30
    DatZebra wrote: »
    do we have a date for the end of the dice event ? originally it was to run sept 7-oct 4,
    lately, when i hover cursor over the free roll button it reads sept 7 - oct 11 dice event

but then the october daily rewards calandar rewards show 3 event boxes with the label - dice inside - for the day #8, #15 , #22 rewards, & some of those days are well beyond october 4th or 11th

the daily rewards you are seeing atm is from september, it was resetted for some users at the 29th. So tomorrow we should get the real "october" daily reward calendar ;)
  • NumendiilNumendiil
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 795
    edited September 30
    PuffyHuff wrote: »
    For those of you who have logged in to see that your Calendars have reset back to Day 1, this is a known issue and it appears to happen to random users. The team is investigating. In case some of you were wondering what exactly the maintenance did, it was to make the event assets visible again. For some reason, they'd vanished or were disabled.

@PuffyHuff
    Could we please have any info on what is likely going to be done for those of us with the September Calendar reset back to day 1 ?

I mean... today is the last day of the month and I guess we will switch automatically to the October Calendar at 12:00 PM (UTC) tonight.

I had all the rewards for September unlocked before thursday's hotfix but didn't claim them all yet.
    I don't care for some of them but I had the 4 writs, the Blessed Tempering Stone, 55 elluns and the Talisman unclaimed.

Should the players with the same issue open a ticket with customer service or is a hotfix planned today ?
    MrWolfman
  • FionaFiona
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 420
    edited September 30
    It's a shame ... yesterday and today it remained to get the Blessed Tempering Stonet and 4th writ...
    ZuNamiMrWolfman
  • ZuNamiZuNami
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 865
    edited September 30
    Fiona wrote: »
    It's a shame ... yesterday and today it remained to get the Blessed Tempering Stonet and 4th writ...

same happen on my acc, very frustating
  • AlayahAlayah
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 985
    edited September 30
    I second what Honeychyld says.

@PuffyHuff

You're doing an excellent work. Honestly, it's a lot more reassuring to know that the team is at least trying to fix the issues. Don't let haters discourage you guys.

I'm a beta tester player and I've been here from the beginning to see how much you ACTUALLY care about the player base, so keep it up! I believe in all of you!

I've been around since beta too and although there are bugs they do always get worked out. I love RoI and appreciate the hard work everyone is doing!
  • AlayahAlayah
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 985
    edited September 30
    For those of you who have logged in to see that your Calendars have reset back to Day 1, this is a known issue and it appears to happen to random users. The team is investigating. In case some of you were wondering what exactly the maintenance did, it was to make the event assets visible again. For some reason, they'd vanished or were disabled.

Due to all the days of not being able to login to my character I'm was like a day away from getting all the September reward writs. Then the daily rewards was completely missing and now it's been reset I wont be able to get it. It would be nice if we got one in our Ellora's storage **wink** **wink** :)
  • GreyciaGreycia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
    edited September 30
    Numendiil wrote: »

@PuffyHuff
    Could we please have any info on what is likely going to be done for those of us with the September Calendar reset back to day 1 ?

I mean... today is the last day of the month and I guess we will switch automatically to the October Calendar at 12:00 PM (UTC) tonight.

I had all the rewards for September unlocked before thursday's hotfix but didn't claim them all yet.
    I don't care for some of them but I had the 4 writs, the Blessed Tempering Stone, 55 elluns and the Talisman unclaimed.

Should the players with the same issue open a ticket with customer service or is a hotfix planned today ?

It's not worth opening a ticket. I raised one last night about this issue and the response I got was: "For now, we can only ask for your patience, and to keep an eye on the Riders of Icarus website for any updates or information. You can reach the news section of our website here: http://icarus.nexon.net/en-US/news". They've closed the ticket...

I'm hoping that, as I got my unclaimed dice game rewards reinstated after the last maintenance, they are working on the problem and everyone will get what they are owed - rather than just the writs, which Puffy originally promised.
  • ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,310
    edited September 30
    Greycia wrote: »
    It's not worth opening a ticket. I raised one last night about this issue and the response I got was: "For now, we can only ask for your patience, and to keep an eye on the Riders of Icarus website for any updates or information. You can reach the news section of our website here: http://icarus.nexon.net/en-US/news". They've closed the ticket...

At least you didn't lose anything opening a ticket with them.

My character got stuck in Highlands on Sunday, so I opened a ticket on Monday regarding this and ended up getting all my chars wiped out when they tried to move my stuck char to a safe spot. My character selection screen is now a blank page! They told me to wait for the maintenance (the first unsched maintenance we had this week) and to let them know if I still have the problem. After the maintenance,. I replied that it didn't fix my problem. In spite of this, they closed my ticket and declared it solved! I had to open up a follow-up ticket, but so far nothing has been done. So now I have no chars in my account. :(

I will lose all my Sep attendance rewards, my dice event rewards (just 3 steps from finishing), my spire weekly ellun reward (will expire this Sun), my spire monthly ellun reward (I will have till next Sun, but I doubt they'll fix it by then), and most likely I'll lose whatever compensation they plan to give for this login thing since I will have no char to login with to claim any of these rewards!

Now somebody play a violin for me ...
  • MrWolfmanMrWolfman
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited September 30
    The maintenance allowed the daily and dice games to become active again, however the daily started over with square one. I needed yesterday or today to get my last writ. Do I need to start a ticket to try to get that fixed? Or am I going to have to wait 3 weeks into October to get the crossbow I've been saving writs for?
  • BobTheBlobBobTheBlob
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,965
    Forum Moderator
    edited September 30
    MrWolfman wrote: »
    The maintenance allowed the daily and dice games to become active again, however the daily started over with square one. I needed yesterday or today to get my last writ. Do I need to start a ticket to try to get that fixed? Or am I going to have to wait 3 weeks into October to get the crossbow I've been saving writs for?

According to PuffyHuff from the RoI Discord
    "You can contact CS, yes. With the writs, we're pulling logs and trying to see what the best route to delivering them to players. As with any compensation or rewarding items, we have to run it by WeMade first."
    MrWolfman
  • DatZebraDatZebra
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 975
    edited September 30
    Runi wrote: »
    DatZebra wrote: »

the daily rewards you are seeing atm is from september, it was resetted for some users at the 29th. So tomorrow we should get the real "october" daily reward calendar ;)

yes, thank you runi, i see that now that it's saturday & my rewards calendar has reset to october so i guess the dice event will end when it ends - either oct 4 or oct 11 XD
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,350
    edited September 30
    @ClearBlueSky Are you giving them exact details? Screenshots and stuff of whats showing or have you sent the right ticket to help with the issue? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game or checking for corrupted files? I'm just trying to give out tips, i'm not sure what else to do than keep contacting them with specific details and maybe a DxDiag report to see if its your computer.
    edited October 1
    Azymion wrote: »
    @ClearBlueSky Are you giving them exact details? Screenshots and stuff of whats showing or have you sent the right ticket to help with the issue? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game or checking for corrupted files? I'm just trying to give out tips, i'm not sure what else to do than keep contacting them with specific details and maybe a DxDiag report to see if its your computer.

Yes. I contacted a GM in live chat and he made me do things like refresh IP, flush dns, and stuff. I also sent him screenshots of the game as I was logging in at various stages. I basically gave him everything he asked for. He said he would update the ticket with my info, but I didn't see anything from him on the ticket, so I'm guessing they have stuff that I cannot see. This was during the 1st ticket. Nothing has been done for the 2nd ticket. I would assume that if they need more info, they would ask me for it.

Also as I mentioned before in the other thread, this only happens to this account ... my other account works fine on my computer. I've tried this on other people's computers as well and this account has the same problem when I try to run it on their computer. They, on the other hand, can run the game fine on my computer when they log in with their account. So I'm 100% sure this has nothing to do with my computer and is account related. Plus I've only seen this problem on this account after they moved my stuck char, before that I never had a problem with selecting characters on this account. My original problem was with logging in on my stuck character AFTER selecting her.

This is completely off-topic, but I'll provide a bit more info. ...

When I log in, I can see that my server has characters in it. Normally when I select the server, it should display "Requesting character creation data" for a brief moment, then the character selection screen should slide up showing all my chars. But with this account, it displays "Requesting character creation data" for a brief moment, then nothing. The character selection screen doesn't slide up and I'm left with a blank screen. (If I were to take a guess, I would say they corrupted my char data on this account when they tried to move my stuck char.)

I did some additional investigation on my own and found that I do NOT get a blank screen when I select other servers. On the other 2 servers, I get a character creation screen. I wanted to create a char on the other server to see if I can see the character on that server, but I'm already at my character limit so I couldn't complete the character creation. I passed this info to them in the ticket and asked if I could get a temporary slot increase to test this out. It would also be interesting to see if I still get a blank screen on my main server or if I will now get a character creation screen. (Or maybe even a character selection screen.) Unfortunately, they never replied to my request.

Anyways, they haven't requested any additional info from me, so either they have all the info they need or maybe they haven't started investigating yet. So far, the only thing they've asked for is to retest after maintenance. The problem is that the maintenance is for logging in on stuck characters. I think mine is a different bug (and IMO much more damaging bug) that was triggered when they tried moving my char.
    Azymion
  • AwelynAwelyn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,140
    edited October 1
    soooo I am glad we can log in and play in all zones.. so far that hasn't broke again.. ZERO compensation this time around, which is a bad play on the part of the GM's IMO due to the fact that MANY players lost days not being able to log in due to terrible server upkeep, as well as lost time on premium and time items. Why was this not a priority? we spent good CASH on these items.. we deserve to get our moneys worth.. I just finished fishing.. INVALID STATE on about 80% of my catches.. the good ones mind you.. the ones that take a min or more to reel in.. again.. wasting of timed items, money.. etc.. Come on people.. Why do the players have to suffer due to the inability of your staff at NEXON to get things fixed RIGHT... I know you all will ignore this like most of the rest of us asking to be given back what basically you took from us with this whole 2-3 week ordeal of bs on the part of your shoddy programming.. I am glad you all are fine with taking our money and time with zero remorse.
    ZuNami
  • LinettLinett
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 460
    edited October 1
    Hello

Thank you for the fix the game is playable again.

But there is something new I noticed. Was doing Elders Bastion and with every killed monster I should get Gilden points or at least one point per killed monster at daily collectabel rewards, but after clearing the dungeon and with all monster dead I got only 6 points. The monster inside are all level 60, so there should be more or did I miss something.
  • RuniRuni
    edited October 1
    Awelyn wrote: »
    soooo I am glad we can log in and play in all zones.. so far that hasn't broke again.. ZERO compensation this time around, which is a bad play on the part of the GM's IMO due to the fact that MANY players lost days not being able to log in due to terrible server upkeep, as well as lost time on premium and time items. Why was this not a priority? we spent good CASH on these items.. we deserve to get our moneys worth.. I just finished fishing.. INVALID STATE on about 80% of my catches.. the good ones mind you.. the ones that take a min or more to reel in.. again.. wasting of timed items, money.. etc.. Come on people.. Why do the players have to suffer due to the inability of your staff at NEXON to get things fixed RIGHT... I know you all will ignore this like most of the rest of us asking to be given back what basically you took from us with this whole 2-3 week ordeal of bs on the part of your shoddy programming.. I am glad you all are fine with taking our money and time with zero remorse.

you do actually know that they first have to be sure that the problem is fixed and then think and approve a compensation? i mean we did got something in between because the fixing needed alot of time.
    As far as i know they already talking about another one, its just a company were everyone has to say "yeah its ok, do it". i dont think they will just leave it to it with such a big problems this bug caused. You just have to give them sometimes some time to do or fix stuff and talk about things or get stuff approved. Even the new CM cant talk about everything because they told her to.
    btw nexon doesnt fix bugs, its wemade the developer, so dont always blame nexon for everything ^^

About the invalid state they alreadye said its known and they are looking into it. Sometimes it helps to just "move" between fishing attempts, other say jump inbetween. Bu the team has to find the issue there, if they dont know why its happening, they cant fix it.
    Azymion
  • AwelynAwelyn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,140
    edited October 1
    3 weeks and they don't know what is wrong? come on now.. its just an issue they don't find necessary to fix because people are still spending money on the game because they have to.. there is a bug in RIFT.. the MMO.. when you are an assassin, and you have a bow equipped but you are a melee build, your bow becomes your primary weapon.. you still hit melee, but all the game shows is your bow in hand and you standing there even though you are actually hitting something. Doesn't sound like much.. it is annoying as all hell.. but it is a known bug.. it has been in the game for over a year.. It is just not a priority to fix because people are still spending money in the cash shop etc etc etc.. they had another bug in game where your face turned white.. again.. not a huge deal because it didn't impact the game but that was a 2 year bug they finally decided to get to.. do you really think someone fishing in a temporary zone not getting a catch is a priority to them? Whom ever fixes this game? I have been with this game since closed BETA and the bugs and issues have not been fixed.. they have gotten worse.. I'm sorry I had high hopes for this game and so far things just are meh all the time in it.. It is frustrating that I invested money as a founder in this game only to be disappointed by half ass stuff.. You look at the beginning zone vs the rest of the game.. that beginning zone is beautiful.. polished.. amazing.. the rest of the game.. yeah not so much.. I mean like i said in an earlier post.. the water doesn't even ripple anymore when you walk through it.. call me picky.. needy.. whatever.. but small things like that in a game mean they put time and effort into things.. when they take that stuff out.. they are at a point where they just slap things together half-assed and say it's a finished product..
    ZuNami
  • RuniRuni
    edited October 1
    Awelyn wrote: »
    3 weeks and they don't know what is wrong? come on now.. its just an issue they don't find necessary to fix because people are still spending money on the game because they have to.. there is a bug in RIFT.. the MMO.. when you are an assassin, and you have a bow equipped but you are a melee build, your bow becomes your primary weapon.. you still hit melee, but all the game shows is your bow in hand and you standing there even though you are actually hitting something. Doesn't sound like much.. it is annoying as all hell.. but it is a known bug.. it has been in the game for over a year.. It is just not a priority to fix because people are still spending money in the cash shop etc etc etc.. they had another bug in game where your face turned white.. again.. not a huge deal because it didn't impact the game but that was a 2 year bug they finally decided to get to.. do you really think someone fishing in a temporary zone not getting a catch is a priority to them? Whom ever fixes this game? I have been with this game since closed BETA and the bugs and issues have not been fixed.. they have gotten worse.. I'm sorry I had high hopes for this game and so far things just are meh all the time in it.. It is frustrating that I invested money as a founder in this game only to be disappointed by half ass stuff.. You look at the beginning zone vs the rest of the game.. that beginning zone is beautiful.. polished.. amazing.. the rest of the game.. yeah not so much.. I mean like i said in an earlier post.. the water doesn't even ripple anymore when you walk through it.. call me picky.. needy.. whatever.. but small things like that in a game mean they put time and effort into things.. when they take that stuff out.. they are at a point where they just slap things together half-assed and say it's a finished product..

as i said they fixed another major bug over the last 3 weeks....so yeah. And as i said aswell they know about it and working already on it....so its not like they ignoring it!
    And on a side note paradise island is not temporary its forever.....its not an event or so, it will stay forever ;)

Sure things could be better, there is always something that could have done better or so. But on a side note, most of the time they do what they can and the publisher is always depending on the developer and you never know what they have to fix in the korean, japan or russian version and what they are develop on top etc. All the games i have played, the only ones were developer and publisher is the same company were the best ones and fastes one's to fix stuff or change features etc.
    daeni
    edited October 1
    Azymion wrote: »

Yes. I contacted a GM in live chat and he made me do things like refresh IP, flush dns, and stuff. I also sent him screenshots of the game as I was logging in at various stages. I basically gave him everything he asked for. He said he would update the ticket with my info, but I didn't see anything from him on the ticket, so I'm guessing they have stuff that I cannot see. This was during the 1st ticket. Nothing has been done for the 2nd ticket. I would assume that if they need more info, they would ask me for it.

Also as I mentioned before in the other thread, this only happens to this account ... my other account works fine on my computer. I've tried this on other people's computers as well and this account has the same problem when I try to run it on their computer. They, on the other hand, can run the game fine on my computer when they log in with their account. So I'm 100% sure this has nothing to do with my computer and is account related. Plus I've only seen this problem on this account after they moved my stuck char, before that I never had a problem with selecting characters on this account. My original problem was with logging in on my stuck character AFTER selecting her.

This is completely off-topic, but I'll provide a bit more info. ...

When I log in, I can see that my server has characters in it. Normally when I select the server, it should display "Requesting character creation data" for a brief moment, then the character selection screen should slide up showing all my chars. But with this account, it displays "Requesting character creation data" for a brief moment, then nothing. The character selection screen doesn't slide up and I'm left with a blank screen. (If I were to take a guess, I would say they corrupted my char data on this account when they tried to move my stuck char.)

I did some additional investigation on my own and found that I do NOT get a blank screen when I select other servers. On the other 2 servers, I get a character creation screen. I wanted to create a char on the other server to see if I can see the character on that server, but I'm already at my character limit so I couldn't complete the character creation. I passed this info to them in the ticket and asked if I could get a temporary slot increase to test this out. It would also be interesting to see if I still get a blank screen on my main server or if I will now get a character creation screen. (Or maybe even a character selection screen.) Unfortunately, they never replied to my request.

Anyways, they haven't requested any additional info from me, so either they have all the info they need or maybe they haven't started investigating yet. So far, the only thing they've asked for is to retest after maintenance. The problem is that the maintenance is for logging in on stuck characters. I think mine is a different bug (and IMO much more damaging bug) that was triggered when they tried moving my char.

@PuffyHuff
    I just got an update on the ticket from a GM and it looks like he still think I'm having the old problem of "You cannot use this item". I have to be able to select my character to be able to get that message. I already explained 3 or 4 times in the ticket that I lost all my characters, but it doesn't look they're reading/understanding my messages. PuffyHuff can you help facilitate the communication and let them know that I no longer have any characters after they moved my character? Perhaps you can ask them to read this post. I also sent you a PM, thanks. :)
This discussion has been closed.