[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - Oct 3, 2017

Comments

  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565
    Posts: 330
    Member
    edited October 3, 2017
    I have no idea what I'm looking for, for these event familiars we need to tame. I know the regions, but like where/what are they? LOL
  • HitlanoHitlano
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,235
    Posts: 68
    Member
    edited October 3, 2017
    Hello!
    Why You can't just add Golden rod 7d. (untradable) in Fishing tackle box (that we can get from attendance events)? You give us better baits and reels but why not better rod (Golden rod)?
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    Posts: 104
    Member
    edited October 3, 2017
    Honeychyld wrote: »
    I have no idea what I'm looking for, for these event familiars we need to tame. I know the regions, but like where/what are they? LOL

    Knowing how this will go it might be where they spawn and since Torkai is on the list you get the point. They will be HARD to get at all let alone for the quest I take back what i said, Phantom Torkai spawns by his roost to the left a little ways no info on the others. He has a move speed of 9. They spawn back rather quickly as well
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,260
    Posts: 3,871
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited October 3, 2017
    @Badlands

    There is no need to flame the community with unwanted remarks. Follow these forums Code of Honor at all times.

    @everyone

    To the others that are making harsh comments, please remember that this is the second compensation that is issued to the community in the past weeks. Our CM is taking care of us as much as she can within her capabilities. So please, be more understanding and patience when stating your concerns.

    Have a nice day!
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565
    Posts: 330
    Member
    edited October 3, 2017
    Azymion wrote: »
    Honeychyld wrote: »
    I have no idea what I'm looking for, for these event familiars we need to tame. I know the regions, but like where/what are they? LOL

    Knowing how this will go it might be where they spawn and since Torkai is on the list you get the point. They will be HARD to get at all let alone for the quest I take back what i said, Phantom Torkai spawns by his roost to the left a little ways no info on the others. He has a move speed of 9. They spawn back rather quickly as well

    Thanks so much.

    But it doesn't really matter...people just sit there and camp them, and don't give anyone else a chance. I was waiting to tame Benthic, and the same person just tamed it over and over. Do the devs not think these things through?

    Worst. Event.Ever.

    Last year, at least you could farm dungeons for the mount, cuz that's where it spawned.
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    Posts: 104
    Member
    edited October 3, 2017
    Honeychyld wrote: »
    Azymion wrote: »
    Honeychyld wrote: »
    I have no idea what I'm looking for, for these event familiars we need to tame. I know the regions, but like where/what are they? LOL

    Knowing how this will go it might be where they spawn and since Torkai is on the list you get the point. They will be HARD to get at all let alone for the quest I take back what i said, Phantom Torkai spawns by his roost to the left a little ways no info on the others. He has a move speed of 9. They spawn back rather quickly as well

    Thanks so much.

    But it doesn't really matter...people just sit there and camp them, and don't give anyone else a chance. I was waiting to tame Benthic, and the same person just tamed it over and over. Do the devs not think these things through?

    Worst. Event.Ever.

    Last year, at least you could farm dungeons for the mount, cuz that's where it spawned.

    Yes but their are several spawn points, i know of two for torkai. the other is in Sunderlight field in ellora. in your case just jump before they do, rather easy tame, i'm currently looking for the others and how many spawn at the moment. NO WAY ill be going for atan lol. Tolus is in craddle of nightmares 200m up. Atan is by sleepless cove
  • BobTheBlobBobTheBlob
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,165
    Posts: 610
    Forum Moderator
    edited October 3, 2017
    We are taking feedback about this event and posting it to see if we can get anything to help players tame mounts that are being camped, it is very unfun to have one guild deny all other players because they camping the mounts.
    HoneychylddaeniGreycia
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565
    Posts: 330
    Member
    edited October 3, 2017
    BobTheBlob wrote: »
    We are taking feedback about this event and posting it to see if we can get anything to help players tame mounts that are being camped, it is very unfun to have one guild deny all other players because they camping the mounts.

    @BobTheBlob

    Thank you.

    Even though these mounts don't technically belong in any dungeons, could still be an idea to have them spawn in them. I'm not sure what other options there are, but if I think of any, I'll post back.

    Thanks again. Keep us posted :)
    ClearBlueSkyGrizzlyUK
  • ArynRipleyArynRipley
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,745
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited October 3, 2017
    I hoped that the horse will return so I can get it with my ranger as well :(
    On the other side ... Phantom Familiars are a great Idea! The camping for them just worries me a bit.
    HoneychyldGrizzlyUK
  • ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,875
    Posts: 132
    Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    Honeychyld wrote: »
    Even though these mounts don't technically belong in any dungeons, could still be an idea to have them spawn in them.

    That's actually an excellent idea. Just do it like the dice/rabbit event. Leave the world spawn as is and add them to the dungoens. The dice/rabbit event also has both world spawn and dungeon spawn. For dungeons, just spawn them the same way as the rabbits in the same general area.

    Something like this :
    Luminous Drake Hakanas Highlands - Lavalight Cave
    Luminous Benthic Sea of Hakanas - Carleon Manor
    Luminous Bonethrope Parna's Coast - Ruins of Matren
    ...
    HoneychyldGrizzlyUK
  • NumendiilNumendiil
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,045
    Posts: 35
    Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    Something like this :
    Luminous Drake Hakanas Highlands - Lavalight Cave
    Luminous Benthic Sea of Hakanas - Carleon Manor
    Luminous Bonethrope Parna's Coast - Ruins of Matren
    ...

    Well... It would be difficult to tame flying mounts in these no-flight zones. Hence why we can only find them in the open.

    Of course this leaves us exposed to guilds or individuals camping those mounts, but as this event is only 50 times repeatable (and lasts 3 weeks), it shouldn't be a problem very long.
    PhilosoapZuNami
  • GeminiBlackroseGeminiBlackrose
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 850
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    All fun and games. But kinda sucks that i can only get 3 out of the 6 Spirit Event Familiar. Only lvl 31.
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,000
    Posts: 201
    Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    New event familiars to tame and we still didn't get a bigger storage...
    Honeychyld
  • ShreddyShreddy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,095
    Posts: 62
    Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    shame we didnt get a leg flying mount this event. i was really hoping for one. that bat would have been better off as a mount honestly
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    Posts: 104
    Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    Shreddy wrote: »
    shame we didnt get a leg flying mount this event. i was really hoping for one. that bat would have been better off as a mount honestly

    I was hoping the phantom Torkai was a heroic or legendary, don't know why but at least it gives people a chance for him and some other mounts I suppose. Some people wish their was one in Akrat. Or the fact that the Pumpkin carriage is pulled by a unicorn, wish it was in the skele horse skin for extra spooky effect. but its better than nothing, even though this event is easily completed in a few hours or a day for hardcore players.
  • LinettLinett
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 875
    Posts: 13
    Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    Well, I miss last year Halloween pumpkin hunt. It was fun and the rewards, you really wanted to get, taming coista bodhar, or to get the broom, or other really nice rewards.
    But this year. I mean the event is ok, but there is no action. There are players they already made all 50quests, claim the reward and now they continue with the game as any other day. And Halloween is in 3 weeks.
    AzymionYllmathirGrizzlyUK
  • ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,875
    Posts: 132
    Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    Numendiil wrote: »
    Something like this :
    Luminous Drake Hakanas Highlands - Lavalight Cave
    Luminous Benthic Sea of Hakanas - Carleon Manor
    Luminous Bonethrope Parna's Coast - Ruins of Matren
    ...

    Well... It would be difficult to tame flying mounts in these no-flight zones. Hence why we can only find them in the open.

    Of course this leaves us exposed to guilds or individuals camping those mounts, but as this event is only 50 times repeatable (and lasts 3 weeks), it shouldn't be a problem very long.

    You're right about the no-fly zone in my examples, but the idea of having a dungeon alternative is still good, it's just that my examples are crappy. :)

    Temple of Sands for example have fly-zone near the beginning, so any lvl 45 and higher could benefit from that.

    Unfortunately, lower level chars can't enter that. A simple solution is to clone the first dragon tame quest in the main quest line at Hakanas Highlands (solo instance taming Vulkanas) and make it into a repeatable quest for the event. Instead of the quest dragon, it can spawn Luminous Drake.

    There's no need to provide more than 1 instanced dungeon for the event since any event seal would work for the event.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    Posts: 1,040
    Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    BobTheBlob wrote: »
    We are taking feedback about this event and posting it to see if we can get anything to help players tame mounts that are being camped, it is very unfun to have one guild deny all other players because they camping the mounts.

    When i see player camping i usually kill their pray at sight :P
    After few kills they finally decide to talk and share the taming. ^_^
  • ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,875
    Posts: 132
    Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    BobTheBlob wrote: »
    We are taking feedback about this event and posting it to see if we can get anything to help players tame mounts that are being camped, it is very unfun to have one guild deny all other players because they camping the mounts.

    When i see player camping i usually kill their pray at sight :P
    After few kills they finally decide to talk and share the taming. ^_^

    One of the problems with this event is that it promotes camping because you need so many seals.
  • PuppyPawsPuppyPaws
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 795
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    Might just be a noob speaking... but I enjoyed the unexpected compensation! Wasn't thinking we would get anything else. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.