[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - Oct 3, 2017

Comments

• DatZebraDatZebra
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,360
    edited October 4, 2017
    All fun and games. But kinda sucks that i can only get 3 out of the 6 Spirit Event Familiar. Only lvl 31.

1. these event familiars are NOT in bestiary nor collections, so there's no benefit to collecting them all
    2. the seals give no stats
    3. the mounts themselves give minimum benefit, for instance + ONE % att
    4. seals from ANY 3 fulfill the repeatable (50times) quest

so there is no reason that u neeeeed to camp a particular spot for a particular event familiar - unless, of course it's for the pretty or that it's the win for YOUR game; in that case, carry on
    ZuNami
  • DatZebraDatZebra
    edited October 4, 2017
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    BobTheBlob wrote: »
    We are taking feedback about this event and posting it to see if we can get anything to help players tame mounts that are being camped, it is very unfun to have one guild deny all other players because they camping the mounts.

When i see player camping i usually kill their pray at sight :P
    After few kills they finally decide to talk and share the taming. ^_^

One of the problems with this event is that it promotes camping because you need so many seals.

you can kill them?? because any i have encountered there is no red line around them, they cannot be attacked
  • DatZebraDatZebra
    edited October 4, 2017
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    BobTheBlob wrote: »
    We are taking feedback about this event and posting it to see if we can get anything to help players tame mounts that are being camped, it is very unfun to have one guild deny all other players because they camping the mounts.

When i see player camping i usually kill their pray at sight :P
    After few kills they finally decide to talk and share the taming. ^_^

One of the problems with this event is that it promotes camping because you need so many seals.

the event quest is repeatable 50 times only - so... quiet now, i'm mathing ! 50 x 3 = 150 seals max, from now thru oct 25 maint so either things will slow down & be easier as time goes by because all the cool kids did all THAT on 1st day of event.. or slackers will wait till last few days of event & make it impossible for anyone to get theirs

so chill, mebbe gms will increase # of spawn areas, or # of spawns if it's really necessary, but just have fun, dont stress bout campers (i know of 2 guilds that went to WAR because they both wanted the ONE in exharn badlands - try another familiar or another channel - happy hunting
    ZuNami
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565
    edited October 4, 2017
    I have to agree with a previous comment...last year was much more fun AND rewarding. I was hoping to get Coiste Bodhar for my Trickster this year,but nope *sigh*

This event is less than stellar, with rewards to match. The phantom familiars' stats are just pitiful, so not really worth keeping. Probably the only one I will keep is Torkai, since my chances of taming the regular one is slim to none. And of course, the whole means in which we need to complete this event is just...well we all know >.>. And The Pumpkin Coach?...I'd rather have Coiste Bodhar, or something similar.

Anyway, I managed to find an out of the way spot where no one was so I could complete the event. If anyone had come along, I would have happily given up the tame. I'll never understand why people must deny other players' the very same things everyone is after. Everyone deserves a chance at any mount in this game. Being courteous and helpful costs you nothing.
    GrizzlyUKElleloup
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,260
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited October 4, 2017
    @DatZebra

Please edit and quote your posts, in this manner is easier for the community to follow your opinions and the thread does not get "packed or spammed" by one person. Thank you for your understanding and keep the topic going as much as you want, Rider!

Have a nice day!
  • ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,875
    edited October 5, 2017
    DatZebra wrote: »

you can kill them?? because any i have encountered there is no red line around them, they cannot be attacked
    First, I never said anything about killing them. Second, I always hit them to aggro them to me so they certainly can be attacked. Plus while I didn't say anything about killing them, I'm pretty sure I killed one or 2 by accident when I was aggroing them.

DatZebra wrote: »
    the event quest is repeatable 50 times only - so... quiet now, i'm mathing ! 50 x 3 = 150 seals max
    Maybe you should be quiet instead of telling me to be quiet. Here's some more math, that's 150 seals per char. If someone has 4 chars, that's 600 seals. If 1000 players are doing the same thing on 4 chars each, that's 600,000 seals. See I can do math too!
    so chill
    Don't tell me to chill. I'm not the one having trouble doing the event. I already have the coach done on my main account.
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    edited October 5, 2017
    It's kinda hard NOT to kill them so change your weapon if you can to something not likely to. I.E an Exalted +25 might be too much. Also there is no need to camp them unless it's just to be a pain. They re-spawn fairly quick and you only need one kind to fulfill the requirements.

What i do find to be a pain is that after this event started i saw an increase in the prices of elite seal stone go up almost 200%. Last week i couldn't sell them for 20 silver apiece today i saw that they are now about 1 gold or even higher. maybe it's a good thing i changed my mind when i tried to sell my surplus. :p
    CreamPhilosoapGrizzlyUKAzymion
    edited October 5, 2017
    daeni wrote: »
    It's kinda hard NOT to kill them
    That was my point. It was a reply to someone who claimed they cannot be attacked.
    Also there is no need to camp them unless it's just to be a pain. They re-spawn fairly quick and you only need one kind to fulfill the requirements.
    It's because they spawn fairly quickly and you only need one of a kind that promotes camping because it encourages you to stay at one spot. People don't just camp the spawn areas to be a pain, they camp it for efficiency given how many seals you need to farm.

Definition : In massively multiplayer online role-playing games and MUDs, camping is commonly the practice where the camper stays in a location near where non-player characters or monsters spawn.
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    edited October 5, 2017
    @ClearBlueSky and @everyone

I don’t see a real reason to be upset, I know this event is kinda dull or the compensation wasn’t good but don’t get angry and take it out on PuffyHuff or the other GM’s. They only relay info to others who actual supervise the game so they have no control of what will be given (I think). and to people getting mad over camping and other stuff involving the new events it’s okay. If your having issues with seals please do some quests in Cloying Wastes and do the dailies that give these seals stones. And for the camping try to find other spawn points, there’s more than one. And if someone is camping ask if you can take a few or steal the tames from them, I’ve had it happen to me and I didn’t get mad, it’s like garme use to be.

I don’t want fighting over these matters cause it looks bad for the community and the game, if you have issues try to calmly stare them. A few users have been banned or warned already...
    daeniDieGo_82
    edited October 5, 2017
    Azymion wrote: »

I don’t see a real reason to be upset, I know this event is kinda dull or the compensation wasn’t good but don’t get angry and take it out on PuffyHuff or the other GM’s.

I don't see a reason for you to tag me with this comment. Please quote me saying that the event is dull or that the compensation wasn't good enough in this thread. Please quote where I was angry at PuffyHuff or the other GM's in this thread. If you can't, then please do not make things up about what I said and perhaps you should even consider apologizing to me for making false accusations.

The only time I was ever upset was with the handling of my ticket where I lost my chars, but that has since been resolved and was never mentioned in this thread.
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    edited October 5, 2017

I don’t see a real reason to be upset, I know this event is kinda dull or the compensation wasn’t good but don’t get angry and take it out on PuffyHuff or the other GM’s.

I don't see a reason for you to tag me with this comment. Please quote me saying that the event is dull or that the compensation wasn't good enough in this thread. Please quote where I was angry at PuffyHuff or the other GM's in this thread. If you can't, then please do not make things up about what I said and perhaps you should even consider apologizing to me for making false accusations.

The only time I was ever upset was with the handling of my ticket where I lost my chars, but that has since been resolved and was never mentioned in this thread.

I tagged you specifically cause what you type seems to be very upset or stressed tone and seems to lash out a bit in my opinion
    Trust me I won’t apologize :3 And when I typed “everyone” it was meant for everyone, if you said anything thought anything or didn’t at all.I Didnt mean to offend anyone but honestly it was an opinion, if you want to just ignore what I’m typing if you really want. I won’t mind.
    edited October 5, 2017

I tagged you specifically cause what you type seems to be very upset or stressed tone and seems to lash out a bit in my opinion
    Trust me I won’t apologize :3 And when I typed “everyone” it was meant for everyone, if you said anything thought anything or didn’t at all.I Didnt mean to offend anyone but honestly it was an opinion, if you want to just ignore what I’m typing if you really want. I won’t mind.

LOL so in other words you just made things up. And yes, I knew you wouldn't apologize cause I knew that was the type of person you are, just wanted you to show your true color. :) All this talk about not wanting to fight over these matters cause it looks bad for the community, lmao. And yet you intentionally flame-baited, good job. :)

I already have my coach done on my main account and am not the one having problems with this event. What do I have to be upset about?
This discussion has been closed.