[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[EVENTS] Mischevious Halloween Events

PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,360
Administrator
edited October 5 in Official News
948a0028b34616bae3364a54b6df430bbefd8c7c.jpg

The haunted spirit familiars have spread throughout Midellas. Riders from all around will have the opportunity to tame these familiars and obtain their seal stone. Once their seal stones have been collected, they may turn them in to the “Haunted Rabbini” NPC located in Hakain’s Crossing Victory Plaza!

See more events and rewards here >>
http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/25543

Comments

• ShreddyShreddy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,065
    edited October 5
    have 4 toons. did all of the daily quests on my main and managed to get 2 coaches (one for mount one for pet because its stats are better than bat as pet) so after i got the 2 coaches i decided to use the rest of the candy on boxes.... no bat... no other way to get candy now that the dailies are already done with on that toon. also no leg flying mount this year? i mean last year you atleast had a heroic ground mount (i still have 1 as mount and 1 as pet) but i was really looking forward to a leg halloween flying mount this year.... shame :-\ i really hope there is more coming to this event than what is available now because as it stands ill have all the quests done on all toons in less than a week
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,205
    edited October 5
    Shreddy wrote: »
    have 4 toons. did all of the daily quests on my main and managed to get 2 coaches (one for mount one for pet because its stats are better than bat as pet) so after i got the 2 coaches i decided to use the rest of the candy on boxes.... no bat... no other way to get candy now that the dailies are already done with on that toon. also no leg flying mount this year? i mean last year you atleast had a heroic ground mount (i still have 1 as mount and 1 as pet) but i was really looking forward to a leg halloween flying mount this year.... shame :-\ i really hope there is more coming to this event than what is available now because as it stands ill have all the quests done on all toons in less than a week

you get a flying halloween mount from the attendance daily login rewards....so dunno what you want more ;)
    And about the event itself, it ends even before halloween starts, maybe there will be another event, maybe not. Only thing that would have been better -> Dailys instead of 50 repeatable quests you can do in one day if you want to rush.
    AzymionGrizzlyUKDieGo_82
  • RoadbugRoadbug
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    edited October 5
    how do you get rid of the books from the last event?
  • ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,310
    edited October 5
    Roadbug wrote: »
    how do you get rid of the books from the last event?

I had them in my bank storage and I just moved them outside the storage and dropped it. I think it should be the same if its in your inventory, just move it outside your inventory and drop it.
  • ArchAngelTariel34ArchAngelTariel34
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 420
    edited October 5
    how do i get the awakened daven pet ?
  • RuniRuni
    edited October 6
    how do i get the awakened daven pet ?

if you buy a package from lvl 25-30.
    http://fs5.directupload.net/images/171006/vvr2a98p.jpg
    Dunno about stats....i mean you only can get it in this box it seems and i dont know if you even can seal and trade it or so....
  • ShreddyShreddy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,065
    edited October 6
    Runi wrote: »
    Shreddy wrote: »

you get a flying halloween mount from the attendance daily login rewards....so dunno what you want more ;)
    And about the event itself, it ends even before halloween starts, maybe there will be another event, maybe not. Only thing that would have been better -> Dailys instead of 50 repeatable quests you can do in one day if you want to rush.

i specifically said "leg flying mount" dont know how you missed that but there you go
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,595
    edited October 6
    @PuffyHuff
    I'd like to give my personal feedback about this Halloween Event. ;)
    No offense, but this event is far from being funny. Last year we had one which forced us to stay stuck in dungeon for getting as many candies as possible, but outside we had something to kill and get few interesting rewards at least.
    This year we have only 50x quests which could be done very easily and this means that we have nothing more to achiev or do for the rest of the event time once we complete those quests.
    I know that events are hard to plan for giving to everyone the same fun 'cause players have different tastes and playstyle, but I think that this could think/give something more to do.
    I'm not complaining about rewards and such, it's just my point of view about the time needed to "complete" the event and the event duration.
    I mean:
    • Step 1 - take quest in victory Plaza
    • Step 2 - go to easier familiar to tame
    • Step 3 - tame 3x and seal them
    • Step 4 - go back to Victory Plaza and take reward
    Rinse and repeat. Event done!
    Since all these steps could be done in one day, for the rest of the event we'd have nothing of nothing to achiev or to pursuit. Zero.
    GrizzlyUK
  • YastrevYastrev
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 535
    edited October 6
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    @PuffyHuff
    No offense, but this event is far from being funny. Last year we had one which forced us to stay stuck in dungeon for getting as many candies as possible, but outside we had something to kill and get few interesting rewards at least.
    This year we have only 50x quests which could be done very easily and this means that we have nothing more to achiev or do for the rest of the event time once we complete those quests.
    I know that events are hard to plan for giving to everyone the same fun 'cause players have different tastes and playstyle, but I think that this could think/give something more to do.
    I'm not complaining about rewards and such, it's just my point of view about the time needed to "complete" the event and the event duration.
    I mean:
    Since all these steps could be done in one day, for the rest of the event we'd have nothing of nothing to achiev or to pursuit. Zero.

Where do I find these familiars? Their place precisely.
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,935
    edited October 6
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,360
    Administrator
    edited October 6
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    @PuffyHuff
    I mean:

No offense taken! Any constructive feedback is good feedback, in my book.

I've been reading up on other posts concerning the event and the general sentiment is that this event isn't as fun or challenging as it could be...and that's a fair point. It's like you and 20 other people were invited to a pizza party but there's only one pizza....and it's way too small...and it doesn't have any toppings you like. And you wonder why you were even invited. I get it. While I think it's too late to make changes to this current event, I will do my best to try and ask for more activities in future events!

Thanks for the feedback!
    daeniGreyciaAzymionVeritoDieGo_82LocStylz
  • YastrevYastrev
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 535
    edited October 6
    daeni wrote: »

Thanks a lot!! :)
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,935
    edited October 6
    Np. The link was on another post but it needed to be here as well. ;)

On another note: The input I would give about this event is this. All in all it was OK, nothing special. But what i found to be a pain is if you haven't played long, you tame all these familiars and what happens? Your taming points either have to be reset by leveling, daily or with the taming point potions. Even though completion of this event was possible in one day some couldn't. They had to drag this out just to get the mount. Tedious to say the least. :/

This can be costly if you use the Taming Point potions. The alternative was stretching this out again daily to get the free potion when you tame familiar at !00%. Using Elites stones also can be a pain since you have to do dailies to get more once you run out. Not much fun if you have to do the drudge as well.

The alternative here was buying them from the AH. Well that too was bust for most because there were some that took advantage of this need and raised the prices to unrealistic. When A Heroic stone is priced the same as an Elite there is something wrong.

Also some of those out there might have liked to see stats on these familiars. They might have wanted to keep one or two. Frankly most of us realistically won't be able to get a Torkai for their collection, being too expensive to make the mark as well as a hard tame. Even though the Phantom one is only an elite, it's still part of someones wish-list. Face it some are cool-looking.( The skins would be a great addition as well.) :'(

As it stands right now it's a lot like those familiars some us have from past events that offer nothing but appearance and take up space. You can't seal those, or even make a pet out of. :(

Though these Phantoms can be, they too really are only for show offering nothing more than that. I think if it takes time to do them, make them worthwhile for those that want the mount/pet.. Just my opinion though.
    GreyciaPuffyHuffHoneychyld
  • GreyciaGreycia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
    edited October 6
    PuffyHuff wrote: »
    No offense taken! Any constructive feedback is good feedback, in my book.

I've been reading up on other posts concerning the event and the general sentiment is that this event isn't as fun or challenging as it could be...and that's a fair point. It's like you and 20 other people were invited to a pizza party but there's only one pizza....and it's way too small...and it doesn't have any toppings you like. And you wonder why you were even invited. I get it. While I think it's too late to make changes to this current event, I will do my best to try and ask for more activities in future events!

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you, Puffy, for supporting the players again - it's really appreciated.

I, for one, love the event -mainly because of Phantom Atan. (You can never have too many hellhounds. Or at least I can't! Hehe)

I have noticed, though, that there seem to be lots of new players really up for the event. Even after they find out that they can only go for the Luminous Drake, they're still excited... until they realise that they will need to spend 150 gold on elite seal stones from the AH :( I remember when I was level 20, I had trouble scraping together 10 gold for an elite pet scroll...

So maybe your analogy in this case is more like: inviting a load of homeless people for pizza... then taking them to Gordon Ramsay's restaurant and telling them they have to pay for themselves ;) I think it would be nice if future events could be more inclusive of newer members of the RoI community too. Thanks!
    daeniAzymionGrizzlyUKRuniDieGo_82Kesstryl
  • RuniRuni
    edited October 6
    Using Elites stones also can be a pain since you have to do dailies to get more once you run out. Not much fun if you have to do the drudge as well.

The alternative here was buying them from the AH. Well that too was bust for most because there were some that took advantage of this need and raised the prices to unrealistic. When A Heroic stone is priced the same as an Elite there is something wrong.
    little sidenote: fishing in ellora sancturay gives you ALOT of elite seal stones for being afk ^^

But as others raised their concerns....i think this event could have been better, like daily not repeatable, maybe not sealing just taming or so.
    GreyciaAzymion
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,595
    edited October 6
    Np. The link was on another post but it needed to be here as well. ;)

On another note: The input I would give about this event is this. All in all it was OK, nothing special. But what i found to be a pain is if you haven't played long, you tame all these familiars and what happens? Your taming points either have to be reset by leveling, daily or with the taming point potions. Even though completion of this event was possible in one day some couldn't. They had to drag this out just to get the mount. Tedious to say the least. :/

This can be costly if you use the Taming Point potions. The alternative was stretching this out again daily to get the free potion when you tame familiar at !00%. Using Elites stones also can be a pain since you have to do dailies to get more once you run out. Not much fun if you have to do the drudge as well.

Also some of those out there might have liked to see stats on these familiars. They might have wanted to keep one or two. Frankly most of us realistically won't be able to get a Torkai for their collection, being too expensive to make the mark as well as a hard tame. Even though the Phantom one is only an elite, it's still part of someones wish-list. Face it some are cool-looking.( The skins would be a great addition as well.) :'(

As it stands right now it's a lot like those familiars some us have from past events that offer nothing but appearance and take up space. You can't seal those, or even make a pet out of. :(

Though these Phantoms can be, they too really are only for show offering nothing more than that. I think if it takes time to do them, make them worthwhile for those that want the mount/pet.. Just my opinion though.

I don't think the problem were the elite seal stones or taming points. We can drop lot of heroic seals now that we could also think to use only them even when taming elites. By the way, elite seal stones can easily dropped from every dungeon or even akrat dailies that nobody at higher levels can have hard time on this event.
    About taming points maybe, depending if u recently have tamed many heroic to temper legendary familiars.
    But since you don't tame legendary every single day and you can get 100 taming points potion very easily (tame one horse in familiar accademy every day when taking quests).
    For low levels can be tricky but not so hard or impossible 'cause at lower levels you can easily achieve unlucky taming plus perfect taming basically every single day. For t he first achieve u need to try more ok, but sstill possible and easy.
    Just seal stones at times can be short in number.
    Azymion
  • KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,695
    edited October 13
    Runi wrote: »
    Using Elites stones also can be a pain since you have to do dailies to get more once you run out. Not much fun if you have to do the drudge as well.

little sidenote: fishing in ellora sancturay gives you ALOT of elite seal stones for being afk ^^

But as others raised their concerns....i think this event could have been better, like daily not repeatable, maybe not sealing just taming or so.

The point was that new players will have trouble getting elite seal stones. New players won't have access to Elora's Sanctuary until they level up, and unlike some uber gamers who have the time and attention span to power level in a few days, most casual gamers will take a few weeks to level up a toon. I agree that this will be difficult for new players.

I also agree that the phantom pets are beautiful, and I want some just to have, but I hate how they will only take up space and not be useful. Skins would be wonderful.