[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - Oct. 12, 2017

Comments

• AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    edited October 13, 2017
    W00H00T wrote: »
    Anyone else getting really weird errors when claiming their compensation rewards under the event box? I kept receiving DB error and each time I tried claiming an item lower on the list, the top most item would disappear. Took a screenshot to show you what I mean...(I have 3 cloudhorn rams for example, which isn't possible).

unknown.png

As of right now, I'm missing some items (talisman for example) and some of the other items that I didn't receive because the top most item kept disappearing when I claimed an item lower on the list...

@PuffyHuff any chance you guys can fix this an send me the items that I didn't get?

I had the same error and just stopped fearing something bad would happen, i thought it was broken anyways cause a lot of people got rewards but completed the calendar...so i dont know really what the intentions was.
  • AwelynAwelyn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,555
    edited October 13, 2017
    here it is in a nutshell.. just now on my berserker, I opened the 15 boxes i got from my afk fish session.. I got 11 magic tinctures, 2 physical. Had that been my ranger, probably would have been swapped.. It is always like that with any of my toons.. everything i don't need...
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,345
    edited October 13, 2017
    Flutskop wrote: »
    yvadim wrote: »
    in support of @Awelyn the experience of stat lines for my drops are always anti class. Mages get str/dex, melee get int/wil
    if this is was designed to promote trade on AH -

How does that work? it still has the wrong stats, so why should anyone buy it? (so far for the promoting of the market)
    Its indeed programmed tho, its not random...just like everything else.

There is a decent chance of getting str/dex dropping/refining stalwart/brutal/veiled as wizard. So if you have tradeable stones and +15 unbound armor - mail it to your anticlass to refine
  • ZuNamiZuNami
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,195
    edited October 13, 2017
    About PI, this is what I get today: +Title 15%
    today.jpg

Why should i do this anymore? to get ONE Radan in 22 PI visits?? It is a shame...
    VeritoVarzeusdaeni
  • MrsMaroniMrsMaroni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited October 14, 2017
    Firstly I think the compensation was deserved and very nice, however the point is being missed in my opinion. You are rewarding us for how many days we logged in so to give same amount of rewards but you are missing the point. The majority of us couldn't log in even after sooo many attempts, so we get rewards for the twice maybe your game let us on?? even though we unsuccessfully tried a few times every day. As I said this kind of compensation was definatly in order but how is this justified? I tried so many times to log on and not get on therefor I will not be rewarded comps for that day, my husband had worst luck, he tried a few times every day and literally your game let him on like 4 time during the month, so he only gets 4 rewards?? I find that disgraceful and disrespectful and extremely unfair.

MrsMaroni
  • VeritoVerito
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,115
    edited October 14, 2017
    ZuNami wrote: »
    today.jpg

Why should i do this anymore? to get ONE Radan in 22 PI visits?? It is a shame...

It happens to me exactly like you, I get the same daily crap...
  • KaikoonKaikoon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,760
    edited October 15, 2017
    Verito wrote: »
    today.jpg

It happens to me exactly like you, I get the same daily crap...

This was exactly my Point, that is why i asked weather it gets unnerfed again. Now a few days later its exactly the same nerfed Situation.
    The announcements that someone chaught a Box II became pretty rare (more or less), unlike about 3 days before this maintainance.
    PI in its current state is not worth the visit anymore. If it stays like this it will be dead Content like familiar advantures and shady warrens before.

Well, maybe during the next maintainance you can fix that again, or even better just ninja unnerf PI the same way how you ninja nerfed it 2 or 3 days before the last maintainance.
    ZuNamiVeritoAwelyn
  • BadlandsBadlands
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    edited October 17, 2017
    At least in Koroshimo when i Fish II box then about 3-4 PPL will Fish any box II its strange
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,825
    edited October 18, 2017
    Since last Friday my fishing in PI frankly has been less than inspiring. Before the maint on Thurs i was averaging maybe two to three affluent Box II's and some random tempering stones and rarely got any potions. Also received one Radan and well as the lesser pet from my five characters.

Since then with only one thing changing here (Other than the maint.) was my legendary poles expiring. Since that only is supposed to increase cast time, what i have receive since was less than inspiring for me to continue to do this at great time lost and expense since it costs elluns each time i buy both bait and Auto-reels.

I can get the same items from fishing the random fisheries and that way i can CONTROL where and what i receive. :'(

Suggestion for the future: if you are going to Nerf anything please refrain from this and instead take the time to fix those issues that we have asked to have fixed. When you Nerf things that frankly work and leave other things that don't, you don't inspire much trust. :/
    ZuNamiKaikoonGeminiBlackrose
  • RieihdiusRieihdius
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 650
    edited October 18, 2017
    today.jpg

+1000 to this
    I just have to add that also due the wonderful ''Invalid State'' bug i get even less now :(
    On a side note some person today got 1 sharun and 2 radans in a row, Same person already got those several times in the past. Wish I have that luck if it can even be called luck :(

I totally understand taming and gear farming. But what does not make sence to me is why always the same people get radans and sharuns from that place, considering that is random.
    ZuNamiAwelynKaikoondaeni
  • AwelynAwelyn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,555
    edited October 18, 2017
    Yeah i was noticing for a few days there when one person caught a radan, a second one would be in the mix for them. I have FIVE toons i fish with.. for this last week I got ONE Radan out of all 5 fishing every night after work.. 35 visits!! it is not bad luck when you have no chance in the first place.. while the same names get good loot and box II's all the time.. I do pay attention.. Unreal how bad my drops were since we started posting this.. just saying.. I just came out of PI with my main with my rarefind on AGAIN hoping it worked.. 9 cooldown tinctures.. 3 cloying I trash boxes, one 200 temp stone.. and one Cloying box II.. all trash items except the stone.. couple full attack tinctures and couple defense.. once my fish are out I am done spending a dime on doing this area.. totally not worth it anymore.. Never really was.. but at least you had a slight chance to get some good things.. not so much anymore..
    KaikoondaeniZuNami
  • daenidaeni
    edited October 19, 2017
    I guess what we all are wondering here is if this current version of Paradise island is what we are going to be stuck with? Is it working as intended or has something else glitched out here. Because if this is what we have to look forward too, then we really aren't happy with this!

As things stand right now; like @Awelyn says, once my bait and reels are gone, that's it. This as it is right now is just another gold/Ellun sink and that's the last thing this game needs now. You attract more flies with honey than you do vinegar, and this is about a acidic as it gets.

Also no mention of any maint this week. looks like we all may be in for a rough weekend of crashes etc
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
    edited October 19, 2017
    daeni wrote: »
    I guess what we all are wondering here is if this current version of Paradise island is what we are going to be stuck with? Is it working as intended or has something else glitched out here. Because if this is what we have to look forward too, then we really aren't happy with this!

As things stand right now; like @Awelyn says, once my bait and reels are gone, that's it. This as it is right now is just another gold/Ellun sink and that's the last thing this game needs now. You attract more flies with honey than you do vinegar, and this is about a acidic as it gets.

Also no mention of any maint this week. looks like we all may be in for a rough weekend of crashes etc

There will be no maintenance this week, but should it be decided, an unscheduled maintenance can be implemented. In lieu of a maintenance post, we will be providing a list of known issues and a few details.
    daeni
  • EricDcEricDc
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 465
    edited October 19, 2017
    Don't forget about invalid state, that's still an issue with paradise island, I don't see why you guys don't just enable auto reels, it would solve like 90% of everyone's problem, lol.
    daeniZuNami
  • daenidaeni
    edited October 19, 2017
    Ty @PuffyHuff. Again we greatly appreciate the work you do here. :D

@EricDC I don't know if this is pertinent but i got this message again Saturday. I had my pet summoned so i de-summoned it then used a potion of Dex and it cleared so i was able to fish. ( i hit the wrong button and used the pot on my quick bar. ;p )
    After that i stopped having my pets with me. haven't had it happen since (Knock on wood!) Not sure if this is your issue or not.
This discussion has been closed.