[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - Oct. 12, 2017

PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,530
Administrator
edited October 12 in Official News
We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, October 12, 2017. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 5 hours. Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:
October 12, 2017
Pacific Daylight Time: 5:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Eastern Daylight Time: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Central European Standard Time: 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Australian Eastern Daylight Time: 10:00 PM – 3:00 AM [October 13]

Website login and the billing system will be unavailable during the following times. During these time you will not be able to purchase NX or view previous purchases:

Pacific Daylight Time: 5:00 AM – 9:30 AM
Eastern Daylight Time: 8:00 AM – 12:30 AM
Central European Standard Time: 2:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Australian Eastern Daylight Time: 10:00 PM – 2:30 AM [October 13]

What will be unavailable:
All Riders of Icarus game servers.

Details:
  • Server Upkeep
  • Excess event items will be removed
    -Lost Books I-IV
    -Dice
  • September Calendar Compensation
    Users who have logged in on September will be compensated based on how many days they have connected in the month of September.
    Day 1-7: Will receive all rewards from Day 1 through 7
    Day 8-14: Will receive all rewards from Day 1 through 14
    Day 15-21: Will receive all rewards from Day 1 through 21
    Day 22-30: Will receive all rewards from Day 1 through 30

*PLEASE NOTE* Rewards will be distributed to the first character that you login to.

GeminiBlackroseSpite

Comments

• GreyciaGreycia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited October 11
    @PuffyHuff - there's no mention of the missing September writs (either here or on the official site). Will we be getting those today please?
  • SalladinSalladin
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,630
    edited October 11
    Hello @PuffyHuff
    I miss complete maintenance information. If you are using SVN, you know important changes.
  • VarzeusVarzeus
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 750
    edited October 12
    Well, I'm sure we need to receive another Dev Blog. It's urgent.
  • KaikoonKaikoon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,595
    edited October 12
    While Fixing some random things again.... will you unnerf Paradise Island again or will you leave it like this and kill it like you killed Shady Warren?

It takes more than 2 hours of normal fishing to get the 10 Flowerhorns for paradise Island together. At that time i get tonns of Large Familiar EXP Potions and Cooldown Tinktures. When i go to paradise, currently i get even more of those. Dont you People tell me that it has something to do with RNG, while during the past 24 to 48 hours you rarely read any announcements of someone fished a Box II.

At the beginning shady warren droped ocationally Exalted gear and often karasha gear. while later it was reduced to only rarly karasha and exalted dissapeared completaly. nowadays you can consider yourself happy when you get 1 red carrot potion, as this for me is the only reason to ocationally go to shady warren. It is definately nerfed to death. currently the same Thing is Happening with paradise Island... it was fun going there, now i decided to only go there again if i run out of attack tinctures.

Why every time instead of upgrating the loot tables to the current Content, you nerf them to death?
    Why should shady warren drop karasha gear at all when it starts at lvl 52, and not drop exalted gear? Why is it so hard to cherish things that are there and have a look at them every now and then? why would you do exactly the opposite and nerf them until they become totally useless?
    Why would anyone go to paradise Island if you get exactly the same with normal fishing if you have to do the normal fishing for a Long time anyway to get the entry pass to paradise? Why again you nerf new Content after a few weeks over and over again?

You have done this as well to the familiar adventures as well, just after its implementation it was nerfed to death and it stayed death for month until you noticed that People would Need those 30% tempering Stones, only then it received a huge boost. Until today you have not managed to update the loot tables to current Content.

Now back to top: Will you really leave paradise Island in its current nerfed state? I just want to know cos it would save me a lot of over night fishing for flowerhorns and it would save me at least an hour wasted a day for paradise.
    ZuNamiVeritoAzymionAzymionVanStorm
  • AwelynAwelyn
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,365
    edited October 12
    I have to say I agree 100% with everything Kaikoon says. I mean lets face it. Unless you are in one of the top alliances in this game, which most people are not, most of the things you get in paradise island you will NOT see in game for a very long time. It also makes ZERO sense to have certain gear drop after certain levels. Karasha should drop often in the 30-40 range just because it is useful there. Exalted should start dropping often at the 40-50 range. Not just in legendary dungeons or at world bosses. either. It should have a higher chance in legendary but if it should drop in H5 dungeons at least 50% of the time. ONE PIECE.. And let's face it, with random stat rolls that you people obviously alter to have most needed stats for that armor class, roll the least, I don't think the whole game will become super soldiers any time soon.

But I do see a lot of smaller guilds/single players who can't get into bigger guilds, going around with gear that puts a halt on any kind of progress in the game. Not everyone has hundreds, even thousands of dollars to keep rolling their gear until they get one stat line that will make their gear worth a crap. I spent 60 bucks on rerolling my chest.. funny how i got 3 rolls of 2-3 intelligence stats, mana, all these MAGIC stats for my VEILED chest.. after 14 rolls I got one strength roll.. ONE.. i quit after that.. wasn't worth losing that one stat line to another 15-20 bad rolls.. ANYWAYS.. Karasha gear drops in Elders Bastion for crying out loud.. come on now.. Exalted shouldn't drop there to be honest.. IDK.. I am just a loyal player that is lucky enough to be in an alliance big enough to have a chance at some gear but even that is hampered by high gold prices which by the way is still scarce and hard to get in game OUTSIDE being in an alliance that farms only the highest content.. People will still spend ungodly amounts of money on the cash shop because quite honestly, we will always have to.. they want their top ten spire rankings... top dps.. etc etc.. but make it easier for the casual or the not so casual player grinding trying to get one piece of decent gear.. item, mark.. I liked being able to fish with the thought of getting a splendid paradise box that I have gotten twice.. until it was nerfed to hell.. I have not gotten one in fishing every day with 5 toons since the beginning of paradise island.

I do see a lot of the same people always getting them.. which puzzles me.. a lot of the same people it seems have all the luck.. with gear rolls.. drops.. etc etc.. if everyone was treated that way in game.. what a community this would be. just an observation.. my point is give everyone an equal chance at gear that is usable at their levels.. H5 dungeons should drop legendary gear equivalent to their level within 10 levels.. level 40 gear should not drop in anything past level 45.. 50 past 55.. so on and so on.. you get what I am saying. I fished all night and half the day once.. used the whole 999 baits and reels I bought from the cash shop.. I got 32 flowerhorn fish... THIRTY-TWO!!!... over 100 dace, like 5 yellow herring, 100+ 10 min exp potions.. 20ish cool down potions.. 15 boxes.. crap load of "fancy bait".. so basically over 75% garbage.. I mean after weeks of fishing I have YET to close in on the amount of fish i need for a level II box at the quest giver at any fishery.. lol seriously.. I am just rambling now.. it is frustrating as you can tell.. end rant..
    ZuNamiVeritoAzymionyvadimAgares
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,615
    edited October 12
    @Kaikoon

about shady warrens, i never saw any change of stuff....and i go there with 3-4 chars. BTW the first weeks i never even saw karasha drops nor exalted drops in there BUT i got 2x exalted gear and one exalted Weapon in the last couple of days, so its definitely still there. About the red hp potions maybe they drop less because of the dropc hances buffs we had the last weeks. i mean you dont know what this "rare drop chance" on the back to school weapon skin, the shoulder cat or from the halloween buff etc really does. But sometimes if you want "normal" stuff dont pushing up my drop chance is giving me more of it.
    Myself even sees a difference in having the dropchance title against the heroic fishing title in paradise island (btw my twink with almost nothing except the heroic fishing title gets more and better stuff out of PI than my main with shouldercat and other stuff pushing up the dropchance. maybe its just the bad luck of my main or it has something to do with it )

The familiar adventures got changed everyone knows it (i think it even got announced in patchnotes) BUT what they didnt told us was they nerfed the 30% stone chance to get out of it. Before the change i got tons of it, now i get l1 every 2days in average. Thats the only think i say yup they changed something and it sucks. And they still doesnt changed it back or so...
  • AwelynAwelyn
    edited October 12
    Runi,
    I am glad you pointed that out because I myself see that trend with the rare drop buff vs none at all.. My level 40 and 50 toons with ZERO drop chance buff items/titles seem to get better drops than my Main or my level 60 alts with drop chance buffs in their inventory. So my question is, when you put rare drop stuff on, is there minimum number that needs to be reached in % to make it effective? because it obviously does not help having this on in my experience. I went more than a few PI's not getting a single box and that was with me changing locations etc etc in there.. and is it just me or do cloying box I seem to just rain from the skies in that area?? The chance at those dropping vs any other box is unreal.. I mean to me its just throw away materials.. I have zero use for anything in those boxes..
    ZuNamidaeniVerito
  • BadlandsBadlands
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    edited October 12
    Runi wrote: »
    @Kaikoon

about shady warrens, i never saw any change of stuff....and i go there with 3-4 chars. BTW the first weeks i never even saw karasha drops nor exalted drops in there BUT i got 2x exalted gear and one exalted Weapon in the last couple of days, so its definitely still there. About the red hp potions maybe they drop less because of the dropc hances buffs we had the last weeks. i mean you dont know what this "rare drop chance" on the back to school weapon skin, the shoulder cat or from the halloween buff etc really does. But sometimes if you want "normal" stuff dont pushing up my drop chance is giving me more of it.
    Myself even sees a difference in having the dropchance title against the heroic fishing title in paradise island (btw my twink with almost nothing except the heroic fishing title gets more and better stuff out of PI than my main with shouldercat and other stuff pushing up the dropchance. maybe its just the bad luck of my main or it has something to do with it )

The familiar adventures got changed everyone knows it (i think it even got announced in patchnotes) BUT what they didnt told us was they nerfed the 30% stone chance to get out of it. Before the change i got tons of it, now i get l1 every 2days in average. Thats the only think i say yup they changed something and it sucks. And they still doesnt changed it back or so...

I get 30% atleast 1 per 4 familiars

• PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator
    edited October 12
    Greycia wrote: »
    @PuffyHuff - there's no mention of the missing September writs (either here or on the official site). Will we be getting those today please?

Yes! I will edit my current post to reflect the new changes that will be implemented once this maintenance is over. In the mean time, please see the edits made to the official post in the "News" section.
    Greyciadaeni
  • GreyciaGreycia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited October 12
    PuffyHuff wrote: »
    Yes! I will edit my current post to reflect the new changes that will be implemented once this maintenance is over. In the mean time, please see the edits made to the official post in the "News" section.
    Great! Thank you very much :)
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator
    edited October 12
    Kaikoon wrote: »
    While Fixing some random things again.... will you unnerf Paradise Island again or will you leave it like this and kill it like you killed Shady Warren?

This update was just the monthly Windows Maintenance we do (It's tied in with the annoying update notices some of you get for your home computers that prompts you to restart). No bug fixes were implemented.
    Kaikoon wrote: »
    Now back to top: Will you really leave paradise Island in its current nerfed state? I just want to know cos it would save me a lot of over night fishing for flowerhorns and it would save me at least an hour wasted a day for paradise.

As for this issue, I will talk with the team and ask what their plans are for Paradise Island and what is going to be done about any existing problems. I will attempt to make it a monthly effort to compile knows issues and give the community some kind of update on the progress.
    daeniYllmathirRuni
  • kilkennykilkenny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 820
    edited October 12
    bonsoir
    de mon coté c'est l'inverse je suis a 401 flowerhorn :( je préfère les boites :) elles tombent nettement moins pour le coup
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,615
    edited October 12
    Badlands wrote: »
    I get 30% atleast 1 per 4 familiars
    i get my familiars out 1 or 2 times a day for 12 hours, so getting every 1-2 days one fits in your 1 per 4 familiars ( 3 familiars in average once a day -> atleast after 6 familiars i get one. sometimes even 2 days nothing and last week i even got 2 from one round ;) )

thanks puffy for this infos and the work you are planning to do!

Awelyn wrote: »
    Runi,
    I am glad you pointed that out because I myself see that trend with the rare drop buff vs none at all.. My level 40 and 50 toons with ZERO drop chance buff items/titles seem to get better drops than my Main or my level 60 alts with drop chance buffs in their inventory. So my question is, when you put rare drop stuff on, is there minimum number that needs to be reached in % to make it effective? because it obviously does not help having this on in my experience. I went more than a few PI's not getting a single box and that was with me changing locations etc etc in there.. and is it just me or do cloying box I seem to just rain from the skies in that area?? The chance at those dropping vs any other box is unreal.. I mean to me its just throw away materials.. I have zero use for anything in those boxes..
    i sometimes only get hakanas or ellora boxes I. Dunno about the RNG but its sometimes rly strange if you get alot of the same chest in one entry ^^
    i for myself are thinking that the rare drop chance do work BUT that it somehow smallers the chance for the normal stuff aswell. Its just a theory of mine, and by far i can be totally wrong but noone knows why its called "rare drop chance" and how the drops are distributed and such...Only the devs know this for sure and they will never give infos about that.
  • W00H00TW00H00T
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,115
    edited October 12
    Anyone else getting really weird errors when claiming their compensation rewards under the event box? I kept receiving DB error and each time I tried claiming an item lower on the list, the top most item would disappear. Took a screenshot to show you what I mean...(I have 3 cloudhorn rams for example, which isn't possible).

unknown.png

As of right now, I'm missing some items (talisman for example) and some of the other items that I didn't receive because the top most item kept disappearing when I claimed an item lower on the list...

@PuffyHuff any chance you guys can fix this an send me the items that I didn't get?
    Azymion
  • DjwaffleshotDjwaffleshot
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,175
    edited October 12
    W00H00T wrote: »
    Anyone else getting really weird errors when claiming their compensation rewards under the event box? I kept receiving DB error and each time I tried claiming an item lower on the list, the top most item would disappear. Took a screenshot to show you what I mean...(I have 3 cloudhorn rams for example, which isn't possible).

unknown.png

As of right now, I'm missing some items (talisman for example) and some of the other items that I didn't receive because the top most item kept disappearing when I claimed an item lower on the list...

@PuffyHuff any chance you guys can fix this an send me the items that I didn't get?

Hmm did you try reloging or buying a cheap cash shop item(ex:buff pots,etc)?
    I had this DB error problem too,and it got fixed after I did either or least those two methods helped me refresh the list.
  • KaikoonKaikoon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,595
    edited October 12
    Runi wrote: »
    @Kaikoon

about shady warrens, i never saw any change of stuff....and i go there with 3-4 chars

good for you... funny that its always the same People that whenever i say something has been nerfed and im quite sure about, that reply: ' oh nono, everything is normal i get all the things i ask for'. Just good that everything is fine for you, and nothing Needs to be changed. Are you replying from a private account of a GM?

Sometimes i wish that they would nerf Forum users as well, so that they dont jump on every thread and stab other users in the back.

ZuNami
  • AwelynAwelyn
    edited October 13
    Kaikoon,
    I am telling you I still believe there are some players that get privileges over others.. better roll chances etc.. I mean for example and this is one thing that stands out to me.. I have been here in this gaming community since the first closed beta. When Parnas Coast was released I was all excited to farm/buy new gear, but as most know.. gear that dropped from Frost Keep was bound. So what you farmed is what you got and there was zero gear on the AH for that reason. They didn't release the Blessed gear until a lot later.. But even then I probably ran that dungeon hundreds of times.. and not ONCE did i ever receive a drop from in the dungeon or from buying with a coin, a piece of gear with stats to strength, since I played my assassin the most at that time.. I probably went through 100 daggers with not a single roll to strength.. I think I had a one slot pair of boots I got to drop one line of strength.. Now I won't name names because I can get into trouble.. but I still play with some ppl from back then and we all used to huddle around FK since it was all we had for months it seemed.. so it was easy to scope ppls gear out.. The same people back then had double/triple strength rolls on ALL their gear like they have now with level 60 gear.. Again I would like to point out at this time you couldn't re roll your stats.. That came much later in the game.. It is just something I noticed.. very odd.. to say the least.. nobody is that lucky.. idk.. all i know is every time i get a piece of gear or re roll things, it is always garbage.. tempering for me is the same.. I can waste 20 stones trying to get one level and then there are those ppl that get 17-25 using only 9 stones.. it's always the same people.. ANYWAYS.... end rant.
    HoneychyldZuNamiyvadimdaeniAzymion
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,330
    edited October 13
    in support of @Awelyn the experience of stat lines for my drops are always anti class. Mages get str/dex, melee get int/wil
    if this is was designed to promote trade on AH - it doesn't work anymore with all that bound/untradeable gear. Also this logic just cannot be in place for items refining (re-rolling).
    @PuffyHuff please see if you can get most of the obtained armor not bound or change this randomness to be Gaussian at least. Also with all the announcements you guys just showed how much unfair random in this game is.
    All in all each update in this game counters all the new enhancing items that drop. After introduction of fractura with all the nice jewelry that drops in there all the chances became same amount lower, unless player uses corresponding set from fractura. e.g. taming, crafting, tempering went to hell
    With the introduction of the new drop rate title (shrewd beguiler) base drop rate got nerfed around the same amount, so when I run without this title I cannot drop a thing. E.g. in the merumi residence daily - no gem stones, no heroic gear, nothing but grey/elite items that cost silver (really, silver, lv60 in the lv60 dungeon? haha! great idea given that gold farmers solo akrat minibosses for hundreds of gold).

So all in all I would be happy with all this unfair situation playing strictly for free. But when I pay hundreds I expect the game to be strictly fair with drops among all players. Also if drop rate is based on how much NX player spent - this needs to be shown somehow. And you need to tell us at what $$$ perfect drops and rolls start.

Thanks for your attention.

daeniZuNamiAzymionAwelynMinimuecke
  • FlutskopFlutskop
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 690
    edited October 13
    yvadim wrote: »
    in support of @Awelyn the experience of stat lines for my drops are always anti class. Mages get str/dex, melee get int/wil
    if this is was designed to promote trade on AH -

How does that work? it still has the wrong stats, so why should anyone buy it? (so far for the promoting of the market)
    Its indeed programmed tho, its not random...just like everything else.

a fixed amount of pets can drop in paradise island. When this fixed amount is met, nobody will get anything that day/period.
    same counts for taming, tempering everything.

And tbh, I think most players allready figured this out...you all just want to believe its rng/random or whatever :)

Im old n wise enough to see, getting same familiars in every lair i go, failing 99% of my tames, failing to get decent stats, failing to get a pet, failing to get a purple box, getting something from shady warrens.....Everyday its the same, empty handed and feeling of zero reward of what you work for.

Basicly not random at all, cus there would be days its different.

(and yea i know there are people with all the luck in the world....as i saw one guy getting radan pet 3 days in a row, while me and many others still wait for that first ''lucky'' drop.....also fixed)

ZuNamiAwelynMinimuecke
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 20,680
    Forum Moderator
    edited October 13
    Please keep the thread relevant and if something else needs to be addressed, make a post about it or update an existing one, followed by a tag to whomever.

Edit: Otherwise this thread will be closed.
This discussion has been closed.