[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Known Issues and Updates

PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
Posts: 204
Member
edited October 24, 2017 in Official News
Since there isn't a maintenance today, we are using this time to address some of the known issues and mention new things coming to Riders of Icarus. This is something we'd like to do in more detail on either a bi-weekly or monthly basis. It's to let the community know what's going on and what's being planned.

Known issues:
  • Invalid State Error: This issue has been reported and it is currently still being investigated. For some, the error was caused by the over-use (spamming) of the ‘F’ key, while others receive the error under different methods. *
  • Continued Disconnections: After the initial disconnection fix, there are some users that are still experiencing this issue. Data is still being collected to pinpoint how this issue is similar, yet somehow differed from its predecessor.
  • Equipment Upgrading:We are working on existing and new systems to allow Riders to upgrade their equipment more efficiently. Additional details regarding these changes will be shared at a later time.
  • Generalized Latency: Users have reported latency issues (lag) in various areas of the game. Data is being gathered on this matter. *Latency is also a factor with the Invalid State error message.
  • RNG Transparency: We’re looking into ways to improving areas that are RNG heavy, from taking player feedback, to internally discussing the best approach. In terms of drop rate chances for items, we’re unable to reveal this information at this time.


For information on any other bugs/issues, some of these may be addressed at a later time.
I would like to thank you all for your patience and for your reports as they have been very helpful. Please continue to report any issues that you are having to the proper channels. For those of you who have reported issues we were unaware of, we will be instating a ‘Bug Bounty’ type system where we will reward users for locating and successfully reproducing issues we were unaware of. The kinks are being worked out and a fully fleshed out plan is in the works.

Future Content:
On the 25th 26th of October, 2017 a Halloween themed dungeon called ‘Haunted Manor’, which is located on the edge of Scholar’s Quarter, will be added for a short period of time (Just in time for Halloween). Another new dungeon called ‘Braghin Mine’ is located in Windhome Canyon and will be added as a permanent feature. More info to come.

If any of you missed the teaser trailer posted to social yesterday and today here they are.

Haunted Manor Teaser:


Braghin Mine Teaser:


DjwaffleshotBobTheBlobZuNamiCreamTequilaRoseyvadimAzymiondaeniMinimueckeOwlSAMAand 1 other.

Comments

  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,345
    Posts: 359
    Member
    edited October 19, 2017
    Braghin mine teaser is 7 seconds only. Seems like incomplete upload

    Huge thank you for the list of bugs. Looking forward for the list of suggestions accepted/denied
  • BadlandsBadlands
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    Posts: 30
    Member
    edited October 20, 2017
    Mines are new shardy warrens Type solo dungeon with probably drop for alsacian crafting.( probably cause of video dont know if its kr or private)

    Haunted house Look amazing but priest can ignore danger cause they will heal quick


    Keep it PuffyHuff you are doing great job with your and Cream help we May revive this game cause it get better and better ( really if mines will drop mystery fragments, aloys and alsacian Energy)
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    Posts: 884
    Member
    edited October 20, 2017
    big thumbs up for this kind of informations! We rly appreciate it and also the thoughts and works on the bugs/issues that are bugging us the most!
    i am so excited to explore the new dungeons, i loved the shady warrens because it was different and finally braghin mine comes in aswell as the halloween dungeons ^^ i like it!

    And i rly hope the bug bounty is worth it so that ppl report bugs to get good "legal" stuff rather than ppl do bugusing to gain "illegal" stuff!
    AzymionZuNamiTequilaRoseFation
  • BobTheBlobBobTheBlob
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,165
    Posts: 610
    Forum Moderator
    edited October 20, 2017
    yvadim wrote: »
    Braghin mine teaser is 7 seconds only. Seems like incomplete upload

    Huge thank you for the list of bugs. Looking forward for the list of suggestions accepted/denied

    that's why it's teasing!
  • TequilaRoseTequilaRose
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 770
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited October 20, 2017
    Thank you so much for the update PuffyHuff! I'm looking forward to the new content! Woot Woot!
  • VarzeusVarzeus
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 950
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited October 20, 2017
    It's exactly the type of information we need. Congrats! Keep up the work!
    TequilaRoseZoeIcefist
  • ZoeIcefistZoeIcefist
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 610
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited October 20, 2017
    When is the shoring magician coming out . I know it is in the Korean version.
    Azymion
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    Posts: 884
    Member
    edited October 22, 2017
    ZoeIcefist wrote: »
    When is the shoring magician coming out . I know it is in the Korean version.

    most likely with the next big level update. Like Ranger and Trickster was coming with big level updates.
  • BadlandsBadlands
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    Posts: 30
    Member
    edited October 22, 2017
    PuffyHuff wrote: »
    Since there isn't a maintenance today, we are using this time to address some of the known issues and mention new things coming to Riders of Icarus. This is something we'd like to do in more detail on either a bi-weekly or monthly basis. It's to let the community know what's going on and what's being planned.

    Known issues:
    • Invalid State Error: This issue has been reported and it is currently still being investigated. For some, the error was caused by the over-use (spamming) of the ‘F’ key, while others receive the error under different methods. *
    • Continued Disconnections: After the initial disconnection fix, there are some users that are still experiencing this issue. Data is still being collected to pinpoint how this issue is similar, yet somehow differed from its predecessor.
    • Equipment Upgrading:We are working on existing and new systems to allow Riders to upgrade their equipment more efficiently. Additional details regarding these changes will be shared at a later time.
    • Generalized Latency: Users have reported latency issues (lag) in various areas of the game. Data is being gathered on this matter. *Latency is also a factor with the Invalid State error message.
    • RNG Transparency: We’re looking into ways to improving areas that are RNG heavy, from taking player feedback, to internally discussing the best approach. In terms of drop rate chances for items, we’re unable to reveal this information at this time.


    For information on any other bugs/issues, some of these may be addressed at a later time.
    I would like to thank you all for your patience and for your reports as they have been very helpful. Please continue to report any issues that you are having to the proper channels. For those of you who have reported issues we were unaware of, we will be instating a ‘Bug Bounty’ type system where we will reward users for locating and successfully reproducing issues we were unaware of. The kinks are being worked out and a fully fleshed out plan is in the works.

    Future Content:
    On the 25th of October, 2017 a Halloween themed dungeon called ‘Haunted Manor’, which is located on the edge of Scholar’s Quarter, will be added for a short period of time (Just in time for Halloween). Another new dungeon called ‘Braghin Mine’ is located in Windhome Canyon and will be added as a permanent feature. More info to come.

    If any of you missed the teaser trailer posted to social yesterday and today here they are.

    Haunted Manor Teaser:


    Braghin Mine Teaser:


    Why 25? 26 should be patch Day?
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    Posts: 884
    Member
    edited October 22, 2017
    Badlands wrote: »
    Why 25? 26 should be patch Day?
    we had patch/ maintenance day at tuesday, wednesday and thursday already. So why not?! ^^

  • BadlandsBadlands
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    Posts: 30
    Member
    edited October 24, 2017
    Can we get info before maintenance end what will drop where dung is ect?
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
    Posts: 204
    Member
    edited October 24, 2017
    Badlands wrote: »
    Can we get info before maintenance end what will drop where dung is ect?

    Thank you for the suggestion, we will try to get some information out as soon as we can.
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
    Posts: 204
    Member
    edited October 24, 2017
    Badlands wrote: »
    Why 25? 26 should be patch Day?

    The time frame depends on what else is going on that week/month. With that being said, the update has been delayed a day and it turns out, it's going to happen on Thursday instead of Wednesday xD. YOU JINXED IT @Badlands
    daeni
  • BadlandsBadlands
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    Posts: 30
    Member
    edited October 24, 2017
    PuffyHuff wrote: »
    Badlands wrote: »
    Why 25? 26 should be patch Day?

    The time frame depends on what else is going on that week/month. With that being said, the update has been delayed a day and it turns out, it's going to happen on Thursday instead of Wednesday xD. YOU JINXED IT @Badlands

    I just have better info than you xd now lets trade this for whats in update
    PuffyHuffZuNamidaeniTequilaRoseMinimueckeFation
  • FationFation
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited October 25, 2017
    I wont more info on drop and the Scholar’s Quarter are in Familiar Academy....Hakana Crossing
This discussion has been closed.