[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - Oct. 26, 2017

Comments

• PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
    edited October 26, 2017
    Shreddy wrote: »
    PuffyHuff wrote: »
    Thank you all for your input. I am speaking with the team about the UI changes and looking into better ways to 'warn' the community when major changes are going to implemented. Be aware that your sentiments(good or bad) will be conveyed, it's okay to be upset...well, VERY UPSET, at the changes. We will send this information off to be viewed by the proper authorities and see what can be done to remedy this. With that being said, please let us know your issues with the changes in a constructive manner.

If this is something you don't like, it's okay to say so.

im sure its safe to say we like the new UI, atleast I do, but the fact the hotbar got wiped is what the problem is. i myself have 4 level 60 toons and can barely remember my own rotations half the time let alone where all the skills go. needless to say i placed a few absolutely nessecary skills on my main to do the events with but im not even sure i want to bother with my other 3 60s unless some how some way you put my skills back the way they were... hell even a rollback would fix the problem until you can properly implement the UI while maintaining user settings

That's completely fair. It would have been nice to know they were going to be wiped so players could have taken a screenshot of their old bar to reconfigure the new one :/
    Thank you or your input!
    daeniGreyciaGeminiBlackroseAzymion
  • MrWizardMrWizard
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 420
    edited October 26, 2017
    I'm relatively new to the game, but I can't seem to add Taming skill to Class hotbar as I had before the patch, as Taming skill does not appear on Class skill list.

And I agree, it would have been nice to be forewarned about the hotbar wipe so we could have taken a screenshot to make restoration much easier.
    PuffyHuff
  • xWolfmoonxxWolfmoonx
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited October 26, 2017
    MrWizard wrote: »
    I'm relatively new to the game, but I can't seem to add Taming skill to Class hotbar as I had before the patch, as Taming skill does not appear on Class skill list.

And I agree, it would have been nice to be forewarned about the hotbar wipe so we could have taken a screenshot to make restoration much easier.

Why i must 12.29 Gb download??
  • SlerhanSlerhan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 210
    edited October 26, 2017
    me 12.1 Gb TOLD ONLY 3Gb
  • MinimueckeMinimuecke
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,660
    edited October 26, 2017
    maybe a bug i got a 3,3GB patch
    €dit: meh *ping* 12,1GB
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,825
    edited October 26, 2017
    12.9GB patch. yeah having to reset skills sucks, but i think i like this set up better. won't know til i kill something. :D
  • xWolfmoonxxWolfmoonx
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited October 26, 2017
    I Thing its better to search for a new game
  • FionaFiona
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 460
    edited October 26, 2017
    Again, disconnections started from the server-for an hour of play three times
    3831a5aea9dd6d09bbf166d6c001367d.th.jpg

• yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,345
    edited October 26, 2017
    Errr, so the new UI may look nice but now how do I look up all my skill bars? Its 2 per character mounted and unmounted. I have 8 toons total. I can find some of the bars in my previous taken screenshots.
    But where is the rest? What are devs thinking about? Are they thinking about customers at all? Do you care about happy players to pay your money? Doesn't look like it.

Also new UI doesn't let me decouple pet skills from the rest of the stats. Do you even have anyone playing the game? Do you even have a clue that those pet buffs are used quite often to move mouse across the whole screen to use them?

@PuffyHuff you guys upset tons of ppl. Me included. Wonder how your sales go now.
    ZuNamiArynRipley
  • SevulonSevulon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 675
    edited October 30, 2017
    Deleted by Moderator

Belittling Nexonor WeMade personnel will not be tolerated. Consider this a warning.
    ZuNamiFriedlfuzzi
  • AlexPAlexP
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 230
    edited October 26, 2017
    Okay we downloaded first 3GB, then another 12GB. All right reset the skill build on the panel. But non-working F5-F8 annoys the most. Instead of going to the new boss to sit and come up with a new layout is of course a very interesting pastime.
    Minimuecke
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited October 26, 2017
    Details:
    • Hadakhan's Haunted House
    • Braghin Mine
    We already have 3x solo instances already, but are we in a MMO or Single Player game?
    Spire: 40mins
    Shady Warrens: 10mins
    Paradise Island: 15mins
    Basically if we spend all time over there we burn 65mins in solo.. I don't really understand it. Dunno how much time we have for the other two, but I assume we'll reach around 90mins total.. Which x day is basically lot of time to spend alone.

Can you explain me why we can't share events with friends instead to being forced to stay all the time alone? If I want to play solo I have many games to choice..
    As I remember we asked raids for 10 Men, but also if Fractura is designed to allow until 10 players, we always ran it max in 6 since loot suck after we formed a raid. I don't get the point here too.
    So, instead to add new raids or things which could be shared with friends/guildmates we have to run all these "new" contents alone.. Now tell me what the sense of these choices in a MMO?
    Events:
    • Riders will experience a larger than normal patch with the update. (3GB in size)
    Oh well, as Steam user I had to download 9,9GB (still going... ). Is there an explanation why us steam users have to download all the time much more data than nexon launcher users?

ZuNamiPperk
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
    edited October 26, 2017
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    Oh well, as Steam user I had to download 9,9GB (still going... ). Is there an explanation why us steam users have to download all the time much more data than nexon launcher users?

That's what we're attempting to figure out. Some users are getting just the 3GB patch while others are getting much higher numbers and it appears to be varied between launchers. The bulk of the varied numbers are, however, on Steam.

• YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited October 26, 2017
    Rudi wrote: »
    hmmm nice update... no warnings, no message here will be new UI without any skill.
    No news about new mounts, shop, new location - how to go there, where is it? anything?
    GZ again.
    • Who cares about skills? Put them again in 30sec;
    • Mounts: will be discovered soon, just keep check forum and all mysteries will be revealed;
    • Shop: Push shop button in game and check it.. ;
    • New Locations: have been already revelaed few days ago: Victory plaza take a quest, dungeon is in Scholar Quartier, the other one it's easily spottable by pressing M - Area - Windhome Canyon (Braghin Mines);
    Dunno really what's the problem here.. You guys should like more surprices! ;)

Azymion
  • MinimueckeMinimuecke
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,660
    edited October 26, 2017
    its a nice update/idea but the option menu is outdated
    F5- F8 don't work
    HyenaDejanDeath_Wing
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    edited October 26, 2017
    It will take sometime to get use to the new UI for some people but take it on slowly. Best you can do is start another thread for confused players and help them out if possible. I personally haven't been on yet and this information had been posted on the official site prior to the update. Keep in mind this was a large update, there will be flaws. Take them kindly and report them.

I hope your doing alright PuffyHuff and good luck relaying the information.
  • Wolfh0undWolfh0und
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 510
    edited October 26, 2017
    Minimuecke wrote: »
    F5- F8 don't work

I have same problems
    Death_Wing
  • SnugglyWolfSnugglyWolf
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 415
    edited October 26, 2017
    On the Nexon Launcher, it had the roughly 3gb download, and now there is a 12.1 gb download with 12.3gb install.

I am curious if the 3gb you were informed of is the "downloading the file" and then the (for me 12.1gb) is the "unpacking" the file. I have noticed that in other games, along with various programs.

Just an idea of what it might be.
  • VeritoVerito
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,115
    edited October 26, 2017
    15GB upgrade? Is this a joke? doesn't fix the old problems and then disconnects you again after this update? really? :/

Without words.........
    ZuNami
  • GreyciaGreycia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,330
    edited October 26, 2017
    Wolfh0und wrote: »
    Minimuecke wrote: »
    F5- F8 don't work

I have same problems
    Same here. Also - what was with the long cut-scene in Korean when the game (eventually) loaded? Can Nexon/WeMade not afford English-speaking voice actors anymore...? ;)
    ZuNamiDejanDeath_Wing
This discussion has been closed.